BeautyHacker

Going to Korea in early Jan for FC and revision rhino

If u mean like facial lipo and buccal fat removal it's usually done together with vline and cheekbone

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny thing is I ended up doing it with a clinic that wasn't on my original list at all. I did it with Opera ps

Yeah that's what happened to me. They will usually suggest it anyway when looking at your scans and your face. For me, they did buccal fat removal, removed fat as well as a bit of muscle.

thats a HUGE difference? how did you manage to do that anyway?

Well I originally got quoted 25mill krw which was ofc overpriced, but I just gave them a disappointed face and told them I can't afford that, and that other clinics were charging me 17mill krw for the same thing.

Another good tactic when you are sure you want that clinic is to just say your price (no matter how low you think it is, but ofc make it reasonable), and say if you give me this price I will put down a deposit now. They will usually almost straightaway agree to that price.
But ofc, you gotta be sure that's the clinic you want.

Hi guys,

Sorry for going MIA, I did not realise how much energy doing fc + rhino would take from me.

Anyway I'll start off with how I went with DA. Prior to arriving in Korea, I had heaps of trouble booking an appointment with them. I actually got to them asking me if 'this' day was alright, upon which I replied yes but never actually got a confirmation/ reply that my booking was made.

So when I was in Korea, I spotted DA while walking so thought I might as well just do a walk in. Apparently they did actually made a booking for me but were okay with me doing my consultation right then.

The English translator, Eva was with me for my consultation. I only had to wait for about 5-10 mins before I had my CT scans and pictures taken. Then, I sat down with the consultant to discuss what I wanted to do. She made a list and then brought me to see the fc doctor first, Dr Lee. He came across as friendly and confident. I was a bit surprised tho with what he suggested to me because it differed a lot with the other clinics. He suggested to just do chin implant and zygoma reduction. No need for facial lipo or jaw shaving. When I told him what the other doctors had suggested, he insisted that I didn't need the other procedures. I know some people would say that's a good thing that he's suggesting less things to change but I'm really looking for a dramatic change, plus I heard that chin implants doesn't look as natural.

We then moved onto Dr Kim for nose. His English was pretty good, didn't really need a translator for him. He was quick to say that my thick skin on my nose will limit my results. He showed me pictures of his past patients, which made me realise that my initial desire for a really straight and high nose might look a bit manly for a girls face, especially with thick skin. I'm sure Dr Kim knows what he's doing but for some reason I didn't feel too confident in him for my nose.

After the doctors, it's back in the room with the consultant to discuss pricing. Since Dr Lee suggested less procedures than the other clinics, I naturally expected the price to be lower than the other clinics. But it came out to be just as much. After telling the consultant how much the other clinics were charging me, she did her schpeal on how DA is better than other clinics and said if I commit to the clinic she will try ask her manager for a better price. Obviously, I didn't really want to commit to DA without even knowing what I will be paying so I told them I'll give them my answer by afternoon the next day.

The next day, I made an inpromptu decision to do a consultation with Opera PS. I've seen pretty good b&as on the soyoung forum, which was how I first got interested in this clinic. There was no English signage on the building or the elevator for Opera, I managed to get there through finishing their address on a FB page I think. When I walked in, there wasn't anyone who could speak English but they got me to sit down anyway. Within 5-10minutes, Sujin (she is actually the Indonesian translator but can also speak English) approached me. She was really nice and friendly, and I felt closer to her than all the other consultants from previous clinics. We did the usual CT scans, this time though I think their machine is better than other clinics because I didn't have to do any uncomfortable positions at all. I just sat there not moving and in 5 minutes it was done. Didn't have to bend my neck to do that position where you have to make sure your chin is higher than your nose or something. Lol.

After waiting a while, we then went into the consultation room with the doctor. Apparently, I was told that what usually happens in Opera is you have an initial consultation with the main doctor (I think he owns the clinic?) who will give and note down suggestions on what should be done and your concerns. He will then choose a doctor that he thinks is most suitable and pass on the info to another doctor (the one who will actually operate on you), who will only see you right before the surgery. I'm not sure if they also do this during the non peak season. I ended up talking to my doctor anyway later on.

The doctor gave me similar suggestions to what the doctor at Cooki told me, which is what I definitely agree with (zygoma reduction, shaving a little bit of the jaw, sliding genioplasty, revision rhino using ear cartilage). The only thing here is that the doctor at Cooki said I needed to use rib cartilage as well if I wanted my nose to be really high, which the doctor here didn't think I need. After seeing him, it was back with the consultants for pricing. The main consultant gave me an initial quote of 25mill krw, which was def way over my budget. I told her this, and that other clinics were offering me lower. She then said if I said yes now I can have a final price of 17mill krw. I might have been rash by accepting it straightway ( I still planned on visiting two other clinics - GNG hospital & Jayjun) but I found with me that the more clinics I visited, the more confused I became. There weren't really any clinics that was a major no- no or easy cross off. I could have the operation two days after and it will be done by the same doctor. I also insisted that I wanted to see the doctor who will be operating on me that day as well, upon which they agreed although I had to wait for half an hour as he was still operating which was fine by me.

When I met with Dr Gwon I think it is, he came across as a honest, humble and friendly doctor. He could speak fairly good English but still used Korean here and there. He went through the notes that the other doctor took with me. I reiterated to him my concerns and because he could speak English, I felt like nothing was lost in translation. Overall, I felt like I could trust him.

After being satisfied that we are both on the same page, he left. The rest of the day was spent settling the payment and doing health checkups to see if I was fit for surgery.

I'll post another thread with a more relevant heading for the rest of my experience with Opera. I'm currently one week post op, and so far I'm still very swollen. Post op care has been pretty good tho so far. I've had another CT scan as I'm leaving Korea in 2 days, and from comparing the before and after scans, my face shape already looks so much better! I just can't wait till the swelling goes down.

I also forgot to say that whenever I was at the clinic (from consultations to post op follow ups), Opera was pretty busy. Mostly local and Chinese clientele. Although I think it's probably more locals than Chinese whenever I was there. This was another reason I felt confident with Opera.

I know I said I'll visit The Face Dental, EverM, MVP etc for consultations in my initial post but with the first two they don't do rhinoplasties, only FC. This is a little inconvenient for me due to my limited time and I much rather do it all in one clinic.

Congratulations on your surgery! Did the surgeon at cooki plastic surgery recommend rib cartilage for just the tip or the birdge?

Hmm good question... I can't quite remember I'm sorry :/

• 2 weeks later...
Did you ever end up going to GNG? I'm really considering them for revision. I'm already booked for next next month

No sorry, I was planning to consult with them but I ended up with just going with Opera.

Good luck tho!