BeautyHacker

GNG Plastic Surgery Hospital Reviews

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries at all. Best of luck with your revision! I'm sure it'll turn out well :smile: Look forward to your updates and b/a too!

omg my chinese friends' moms would always say that to me too!! "youre nose is so big. it willbring you lots of luck and prosperity!!" a part of me would die everytime i heard that ha
but wow!wow fantastic results! thanks for the detailed review, i will keep my eye open for an update!! :angel:

You look great!!!!! loving your nose wow!

Just wanted to share my experience with GNG too as I just came back from South Korea. I had the following: Rhinoplasty, epicanthoplasty, facial liposuction, and forehead fat grafting.

Pre-Surgery:
I did A LOT of research and spoke with many consultants before I picked GNG, my top choice. The GNG translator I worked with was Julia and she was wonderful. She answered all my questions on Line and was consistent with her responses. I chose GNG and paid the deposit before I left and this covers transportation from the airport on the 1st day and last day. I stayed for 2 weeks.

When I arrived in Korea, the GNG appointed driver picked me up and took me to the clinic right away for consultation as I wanted to get the surgery the next day. Since I was by myself, Julia answered every question in detail, as well as the consultant I met that day. The first thing I did was take several photos and CT scans of my face and afterwards, we were all in an office discussing the best procedures to achieve the results I wanted. Each doctor also came in the office to give their perspective and this helped me feel secure that I made the right choice. They were very precise and clear, and on top of all, Julia made me feel comfortable that she would be with me every step of the way. After deciding on the best procedures, I took blood and EKG tests to make sure I was ready for surgery the next day and didn't have any underlying problems. Before leaving the clinic for the day, Julia discussed the steps to take the next morning before my surgery (no eating before surgery, etc.). I highly recommend being SUPER THOROUGH with all kinds of questions and don't feel afraid of going alone. Having someone there with you is a plus, but Julia gave me physical and emotional support.

Post Surgery:
After pre-operation procedures (Julia was with me right when I arrived), the first operation was epicanthoplasty. As I did not need to be put under general anesthesia for this, I was awake the whole time, but did not feel pain. After epicanthoplasty, I was put under anesthesia. The next thing I remember was waking up not knowing where I was. I was having a hard time breathing, almost choking. After a few minutes, I gained consciousness and realized due to the rhinoplasty, I could not breathe out of my nose. This was a terrible feeling, and I was also very dehydrated but could not drink water for a certain number of hours. I stayed at the hospital that night as discussed and I could not sleep. I was in a lot of pain from only breathing out of my mouth, my lips were extremely chapped, and I had an IV in my arm. Julia checked on me the entire day and night and left really late after making sure I was okay. This was very touching to me since I didn't have anyone with me. The next morning I was discharged to heal on my own in the hotel room and set up appointments for follow ups. The first few days were tough, but then it really is smooth sailing from there on, and i'm now super happy i decided to have it done.

I can honestly say I was 10/10 pleased from the service of staff to cleaniness of hospital and the detailed treatment from explanation of procedure to aftercare.

thank you! I will be post-op day 42 tomorrow, and as the week goes by i can see slow changes to my nose. swelling is still present and i've knocked it a couple of times thanks to my baby >:sad:

i really cannot wait to see myself at the 6 month mark!!!

I am sooooo happy everything worked out for you! I wasn’t kidding when I said GNG was amazing. There aftercare is so good! Seeing your rhinoplasty makes me that much more excited to go back in the spring!!

Hi Kittyberry, thank you for sharing! I am happy for you! I want to ask why they recommended silicone for you and why cartilage on bridge would have a higher absorption rate? I did research on the benefits using cartilage wrapped in fascia and there should not be absorption if its diced and wrapped in fascia? I am hoping to use rib cartilage for my bridge because I want my bridge to be strong and high.

Thank you, this helps!

Thank you so much for sharing! I am really considering two-jaw surgery because I've always had issues with my jaw popping/locking and having an asymmetrical face (I don't have an underbite/overbite but my jaw is slanted to one side, one side always looks more rounded/swollen than the other side; had braces are teeth are straight but my bite is not aligned).

I would like to know how your two-jaw surgery went and how the recovery process is like. Which method of two-jaw surgery did you undergo? Can you keep before & after copies of your x-rays/scans and written procedures just in case you need to connect to your ortho/dentist? Did you need someone to care for you daily after this procedure? (I don't know if I should go alone or need someone for a heavy procedure). Do you know if getting a two-jaw surgery is possible with rhinoplasty at the same time?

When I inquired with GNG on whatsapp, I was told I would need to stay in Korea for a month minimum (They are also very slow to answer, is it just me because my questions are too much or are they just short staffed with English translators? I don't know if they are just really busy or I'm just ignored). I would like to know how long they recommended you staying in Korea after the jaw surgery?

CallieCat, I have read your reviews/replies/comments and I really appreciate your thorough input and experience, thank you so much for sharing, it truly helps! I really hope I can connect with you through DM or Kakao if I have further questions about your experience with GNG and your recovery process if that is okay

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and insight iamsummer, I really appreciate it! You look wonderful! My nose is somewhat similar to your Before nose and I wanted to ask if the doctor mentioned anything with using donated (or not donated) diced rib cartilage wrapped in fascia for the height or any type of cartilage for height? I am really interested in doing a revision nose surgery with using just my own cartilage if possible but want to know if there are any restrictions due to my thick/oily skin. Also, do you have an idea of how much an nose revision with osteotomy and using own cartilage would be? I don't know what I should be expecting.

No problem! You can certainly Kakao me anytime and just like last time I will be on here pretty much everyday I’m in Korea talking about my experience (this time with rhinoplasty) so I’ll definitely try to answer any questions! I feel like this time around going back a year later I have a much better grasp on what to expect. I think that last time I had read soooo many reviews over the last 3/4 years on FC surgery that when it actually came down to the surgery and recovery it wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I healed A LOT quicker than what people had said and overall my experience both in Korea and with GNG was perfect. So I’m much more confident going in this time around! I’ll be booking my consultation next month and putting my deposit down and then from there it’s just another countdown

Hi lemonadebear! I'm so glad that your results turned out great! GNG seems great for rhino but I didn't know they do facial liposuction too? May I know which doctor at GNG was the one who did yours? :O