BeautyHacker

GNG Plastic Surgery Hospital Reviews

I am so sorry you are going through this. I appreciate you being honest about your experience. I think in all the talk we forget things can go wrong (or hope they won't).

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Krizzo, The clicking noise is definitely a complication with zygoma procedures. If you're still on Kakao I'll drop you a PM.

Thanks for sharing your experience! The potential complications following surgery are definitely not pleasant to think about. The clicking sound may be a sign of a minor complication so keep tabs on it for the next month or so and definitely contact the doctors/any local doctors as well. As for the swelling and difficulty speaking, that's actually totally normal up until a few MONTHS after surgery, depending on how quickly you heal. That sounds scary but I know of people who had lip tightness for several months and then healed perfectly fine. That's a minor worry that I wouldn't be concerned about for now (just keep it in mind as it heals,) though I imagine it is uncomfortable ;; In any case, I'm wishing you a speedy recovery!

Every clinic has mixed reviews if you look hard enough and GNG is no exception. There have been cases of zygoma complications with clicking noises (a common side effect if you suffer from any side effects at all) a bit of asymmetry, or other variants of slight dissatisfaction–this is to be expected regardless of who it is doing your surgery! However, the positive reviews far outweigh the negative ones and the important thing is that, in the reviews that may not be stellar, no one has come forth with very severe complications or issues regarding death. So to answer your question, kind of!

I'm planning to go to GNG for rhino in June as well so I've been trying to research on them on several platforms. I did find one negative review on soyoung.

http://www.soyoung.com/p14791974?group_id=6725746

I'm not sure if you can read Mandarin. Let me know if you need me to translate but the gist of it is:

1. The lady that created the post had her revision rhino in GNG and felt that after a year, her nose tip has drooped and her nose has gotten larger from the front view.

2. She eventually went back to GNG to do another revision rhino (pics at the bottom)

It's important to note that the doctor that did her rhino was Dr Song who already left GNG though but if you scroll down to the comments, there were a few commenters who also said they did not like the noses that GNG did for them. That might be due to personal preference though.

hi everyone!

i haven’t posted in a while but anyway i will be in seoul from 11 april to 25 april, and have my surgery booked on 11 april with dr seong (primary rhino) and dr choi for sliding genioplasty (mini v line)

less than a month away and i keep swinging between being super excited and super nervous/anxious

if anyone is going to be around on those dates let’s meet up! add me on kakao my id is maliiboo :smile:

thanks @Jayli, for sharing this review. i can read chinese :smile: i think it’s crucial for us all to have a well-rounded view of the clinics and so it’s good to have that as a flipside to the positive reviews here.

tbh this review does scare me as the photos she includes of her before and after is exactly what i am most afraid of, of ending up with a bigger, even more bulbous nose that screams omg you did plastic surgery. in fact her nose before surgery is what i’d want for myself.. and the pictures she posted after the revision with GNG are with the cast on and no further updates since. so, no idea how she feels after the revision. she also says the doctor who did her nose was dr ‘sun’ (chinese pronounciation of the character), can anyone confirm if there was a doctor ‘sun’ or song who left?

for those who can’t read chinese, in the comment thread below, someone else adds a negative experience with GNG, she says she made sure to be clear with the doctors and requested specifically not to have a very high nose bridge or sharp tip, and in the end it looked very unnatural and the opposite of what she wanted. she also said she hasn’t been able to reach them since and when she commented on GNG’s instagram asking for help they deleted her comment. however that commentor doesn’t say which doctor did her nose.

ANYWAY..... i think @csolare is right that every clinic will have dissatisfied patients. i will still be going to GNG despite my reservations with the two negative reviews on soyoung.. for the most part i feel confident in dr choi’s facial contouring results, and @calliecat’s results speak volunes are so lovely and natural! it’s just the rhinoplasty that i feel nervous about .__.

also if anyone is interested in these are the prices i was quoted (before negotiation in person)

rhinoplasty (tip + bridge augmentation) — 4.5 million
sliding genioplasty — 5.5 million
mini v line — 7 million (chin advancement + making front of face smaller, but without touching mandible angle)

and i think chin implant was around 3 million

Good luck! I'm going in April as well ^^ Keep us posted!

You'll be going just a week before me, I'm arriving on the 19th! I'm also getting rhino and sliding genio so do keep us posted ^^ Best of luck!

ah amazing!! yes i’ll definitely post updates when i’m done, and i can support u emotionally since we’re doing the exact same procedures ^___^ do you have kakao? my id is maliiboo, let’s chat more there

hi jen, so sorry to hear about your possible complication. have you managed to speak to GNG about the clicking noise? how are they like in helping you through complications after the surgery? (do they offer revision?)

i’ve not heard of the clicking complication before, but i believe the tightness for your lip shd subside in the first 1-3 months. do you have a doctor back home you could consult with?

your results are so lovely by the way!