BeautyHacker

Good places for fatgraft?

Hi All! I've been reading these thread for quite sometime now. It all started with the curiosity and interest in facial fat grafting that got me here. And after much reading of reviews online, I had actually went ahead and had my fat grafting procedure done with Regen Hospital in South Korea. It has been almost 2 weeks now post-op from the day I had my procedure done. So I've decided to share my little experience with those who are keen in having such procedure done. Apologies for the lengthy post below.

Some background of myself, I'm in my early 20s. I've always gotten comments that my face shape is akin to that of a skull (as you can see from my attached photo [pre-op]). This is why fat grafting procedure was of the greatest interest to me. I mean who enjoys being "complimented" in such a way right? And this is how my journey with Regen hospital started...

Pre-op
IMG_1993.JPG

After much research online and sending emails to inquire with each hospital, I had decided to go ahead with Regen hospital was because of several reasons. Firstly, the staff that communicated with me through line was really helpful and friendly. She was really patient in answering all of my questions and was able to provide helpful answers. Secondly, the price of this procedure was reasonable and it actually includes a 2nd-time touch up within 6 months. They also offer free pick up and send off service to and from the airport. And they do have some partner hotels that we could get a discount for as their patients. (however, I had booked my own accommodation elsewhere because I was sharing the hotel with my other friend). You do not have to worry about language barrier as the doctors and staff there could speak adequate amount of English. Also, they only require a 10% deposit to confirm the spot for your surgery.

So I made my appointment almost a month before my procedure date and sent the 10% deposit via bank transfer to their account. The 1 month wait was both dreadful and exciting, a mixture of different feelings. And finally, the day for my trip came.

As I only reach on a Sunday, my appointment was only fixed on Monday. I was in Korea for a total 11 days. Came Monday morning, I took a cab down to the hospital and arrived timely for my appointment. Upon reaching, the staffs greeted me with a big smile and gave me forms to fill up. The form are pretty general which includes details of allergies and previous surgeries done and such. I was also told to fast for 6 hours prior the surgery time and had to ensure that there isn't any manicure or pedicure done.

Once the form are filled, soon after they ushered me into the Doctor's room. My surgery doctor is Oh Myung June. In fact, they had actually told me earlier when I was inquiring on the surgery. This surgeon is really famous and had also appeared in the show called "Let me in" too. The doctor explained what fat grafting was about and suggested to me on places where I should have the fat grafting done and how it was going to be done. And next, it was time for my surgery.

Post-op (1st day)
IMG_1670.JPG

Post-op (day 7)
IMG_1902.JPG

As you can see from the photos, the surgery turns out great! Although right now, my face is still slightly swollen. I couldn't wait to see the final results! Overall, Regen hospital had done well in every aspect in my opinion. The doctor were helpful and are really keen in helping me to achieve the facial that I want. The service at Regen was excellent in terms of the service staff and facilities. Right now, I can't wait to get back to Korea for my 2nd touch up! (I know it is too fast for that...lol).

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi thanks for your replies. I just woke up now and my face is swollen. Every morning I wake up and get sad bc it looks the same - saggy, ugly and fat. I was already a pretty girl with a young face (I'm in my early 30s but I looked maybe mid-late 20s) but now I look worse than before. All I wanted was a youthful and refreshed look. I'm so sad. That's why it's so important to go to someone who has a lot of experience, is safe and also has an artistic eye. I got my fat transfer by a plastic surgeon in the US. I'm devastated by the results but in order to survive I'm just trying to find other options right now. Can I ask what body part you did your accusculpt heartbeep?

oh no i know exactly how you feel Leelala - I've been through the same agony and depression when I got my buccal fats removed in 2010 (by a Singaporean surgeon who's supposed to be top-notch), and my lower face totally sank in and aged me by 20 years. I was depressed for like, 5 years? Until I started fat grafting procedures in Korea, which have helped somewhat.

I cannot speak for US surgeons, but the ones I've been to in Singapore just cannot match up to their Korean counterparts in terms of skill and expertise. I think it's coz surgery in Korea is so common that the surgeons there have so much experience. They just churn out patients like a factory line.

I did my accusculpt along my jaw line to remove jowls, which I suspect were a result of the stupid buccal fat removal i did in 2010.

• 5 months later...
Have you all tried going to Radium Medical Aesthetics to try out Dr. Siew? He is apparently one of the few certified doctors in Singapore to perform Silhouette Soft Thread Lift. I personally have not tried it yet though.

• 1 year later...
Any 2019 updates?