BeautyHacker

To those who are working: How did your colleagues respond to your new look?

i have DES done, all of them noticed! most of them said i looked different, and i very naturally just admitted i had surgery.

most of them said it's nice and will look pretty once the swelling goes down, and a couple even mentioned that they also wanted to have procedures done. those who met me after my swelling went down, said they couldn't even tell i had surgery done and thought i just had nice double eyelids.

the only one who was a real wet blanket, when i said i did DES as I felt my single eyelids were making me look tired and fierce, said she can't tell the difference and didn't think I needed the surgery. it felt really condescending. anyway she seemed like a control freak who thinks women just need to have children and spend all their time and concentration on the kids. bleah.

i brush that last response off as an anomaly and conclude all the face-to-face responses are positive. lol.

Hey everyone thanks for all your responses so far, they are all really interesting to read.

Did my DES recently and was lucky enough to get three weeks of downtime in between jobs so no one would have noticed. But sometimes I look at my old pixs and find it a dramatic difference, even though my family says it looks natural my eyes are much larger and deeper. I am avoiding my old colleagues!

Also, it's been more than five months but recently i went to a family gathering of people who had already seen my eyes and not made any comment. but a loud-mouth aunt suddenly said I see what you did to your eyes!!! wow it really changes your look. where did you go for surgery? i died of embarassment. i had told my cousins i put double eyelid tape :X I suppose that shows that while 95% of people might not notice it's impossible to avoid the 1% who have extremely sharp eyes. It's whether they want to call you out on it.

I'd like to do rhinoplasty and jaw line surgery in october, i could probably pass off the jaw line as losing weight but rhinoplasty..?

On the other hand, ive always had a short and flat nose, and went for a filler recently to make the bridge start higher (between the eyes instead of below the eyes) and no one noticed, not even my partner or my parents! such a subtle difference but i feel a lot prettier