BeautyHacker

any eyelid skin grafting or filler/fat grafting on eyelids?

so i had pretty bad experience with plastic surgery where i had to get more revisions, and now I"m back with single eyelids which I learned to love.

i should mention that im a guy so I can't wear make ups or anything, and I don't like having the fact that people can look and say oh you got something done.

so i had ptosis surgery, and made my eyes back to single eyelids. however, my eyes can't close all the way and I need help to get more skin in to my eyelids so they close and look natural, you can sometimes see white part above my pupils which is disturbing.

i know that people put fat grafting on eyelids which I should do since so much fat was taken out, and fat grafting seems more permanent than fillers since I don't live in Korea, I might as well get fat grafting done on eyelids. However, I don't know if such skin grafting exists, and I feel that it maybe bad since it's more for burned victims etc so it may not look natural!

any recommendations?

I got fat grafting done on my eyelids. 50% of it went away in one eye and now it looks weird. I'll be going back for another session this year. So my advice is that you should be prepared to have a touch up because some of the fat will dissolve (esp if you exercise a lot). The doctor did said that there was another way around this but he wanted to see me in person first so I can't tell you about the other method.

I think it's best not to do fat grafting.
I have it in my lips and they've became a bit blobby. I got it 5 years ago and once the swelling went down, my lips looked really nice (not artificial). I had lower body fat percentage at the time as I was exercising. Once I stopped exercising and gained 4 kg my lips enlarged to the point that my friends kept asking if I've injected myself AGAIN and didn't believe me when I said no. I still haven't gotten back in the shape I was 4 years ago, even though I lost the weight. So it's really unpredictable.
I don't want to know what will happen to my lips if I gain weight. Right now I'm on a low carb diet to lose fat again just because of the lips.

Anyway I guess fat grafting could be good for you if you have thick skin. For someonoe with thin skin like me imperfections can show. I have filler under my eyes and it looks weird.

@Moniquexox, I wouldn't think 4kg weight gain would be enough to notice such a big difference as it's not that much weight. Where was your donor fat taken from? I heard if you gain weight, the grafted fat still behaves like the area you took it from, do you think that's true? So for example if you put on fat in your stomach easier than legs, it's better to take donor fat from legs instead of stomach?

How long has it been since your ptosis correction surgery? Skin grafting exists as an option for people who had too much skin removed in eyelid surgery but it may not look natural. Have you consulted occuloplastic surgeons on your condition? It is possible for the eyelid skin to stretch, I had my ptosis correction done by an occuloplastic surgeon who advised me to limit contact lens use as the action of pulling the eyelid to put on and remove contact lenses would stretch the skin and over time the skin could become longer and droop over the lash line again.

There was a massive diffee
There was a BIG difference, regardless of what you think, this is my body and I've made adequate observations, compared before and after photos and even posted them on realself for plastic surgeons to see who confirmed that fat gain results in the living fat cells injected in your body to enlarge Plus I have heard comments from others as well. (who saw me before and after the weight gain) They couldn't notice the weight gain and but noticed the change in my lips. Maybe the lips are particularly prone to enlargement after fat gain, I have no idea.

The donor fat was taken from the stomach, my surgeon said it's most prone to surviving. I also have fat injected in the crease of my breast (i had a complication called double bubble) 4 years ago, that has survived as well. However that surgeon always overcorrects (injects more than needed). Also , maybe I'm more prone to gaining/keeping fat than others despite the fact I'm slim. No idea. People are different.

• 3 years later...
Thanks for reviewing. I am actually planing to have revision des at dream. But after seeing this I need to consider if I should go Dream or not .