BeautyHacker

Lateral canthoplasty?

Sorry, I just saw this now. I don't think the strength of contact lenses have anything to do with eyelid surgery or canthoplasty. but i could be wrong. I'm not completely sure, but I don't think the two effect one another

Lateral canthoplasty does not affect your actual eyeball nor the muscles and nerves that aid vision as such it shouldn't have any effect on your vision and vice versa,
I mean you wouldn't wear contact lenses anyway during surgery but this should have no bearing at all. Normal cathoplasty is a very invasive and risky surgery and its usually performed and directed towards patients with conditions that affect the eye so I don't see why a lateral cathoplasty which is much more simple would have any effect.
To be sure do ask your doctor :smile:

I thought lateral cantho was risky... e.g., can cause problems with ability to properly close eyelid?
....also, will it make a person look cross-eyed if s/he doesnt also get medial cantho with lateral?

I can't look up in Korean as I'm not a fluent speaker and thus can't give a thorough answer,
in the West cathoplasties of any form are generally recommended against unless there is a serious defect with the eyes, if you look on real self doctors are very strongly against performing it in most cases.
HOWEVER, this surgery seems to be popular in Asia so I wonder if they have developed better techniques there, unfortunately I think it would be better to ask someone who is a fluent Korean speaker to research this.
With that said I too have heard that lateral canthoplasty isn't permanent especially if you are young :/

• 2 weeks later...
Im looking to do that! I believe it's called hotz canthoplasty (or as April31 calls it, modified lateral canthoplasty). I spoke to April31 and JW and they said they couldn't guarantee they could perform it on everybody, so you have to go see them in person because I think you need a certain amount of space around your eyes.
That said, I'm not sure how much room there needs to be around your eyes :S

I'm really interested in lat. Canthoplasty. Even though I'm Caucasian lol. My eyes are pretty big when you isolate them, but they aren't very big when you look at my face at a whole ;-;

I asked DAPRS if it's possible for me to have it and they said it's OK if I want it.

I did lateral canthoplasty and facial contour last month at TLP. I had problem with my small eye and eyelid ptosis so the doctor advice me to done both double eyelid ,medial and lateral canthoplasty.
Now,I like my eye job the most(not look sleepy anymore).

I think I don't have any problem about closing my eyelid and my vision.
About scar ,I don't have any visible scar outer corner of eye now but still little swelling at eyelid and some redness.

where did you do your DES? its good your doctor performed due diligence btw :smile: