BeautyHacker

Is it customary to give thank you gifts or cards for your surgeon and nurses?

Aw that's a nice question. I never actually thought of that.
My guess is that most people dont since they'd be thanking someone for having done their surgery when they're the one who paid 5-grand for it to begin with.

Having that said, I know that some docs are uncomfortable with gifts even if it's something small and handmade. :S
But if you do decide do give them something small and appropriate like a card... there's no harm. =) It's a lovely gesture.

It can certainly make a doctor's day... particularly if s/he rarely gets things like that. It's reassuring for them as a doctor. Like saying... "You're doing a good job and I appreciate the work you do. What you're doing is meaningful/ valuable." :smile:

I think that people needn't worry so much about carrying out kind, well-intended gestures.
We can't control or predict 100% of the time how others will respond. The most we can do is to do what we feel in our heart is right.

(Yeah yeah... sorry about the cheesiness lool >_>; )

Tipping isn't part of Korean culture, so gifts aren't expected or required. What they'd likely appreciate the most is if you post a good review to drive their business.

If they did go out of their way in their care for you so much so you want to thank them, I'd have a bunch of pastries or what not delivered for their staff to enjoy together.

i agreee tipping isnt a part of their culture, so they dont expect it. However, gifting is. offering a small gift when entering someones home or meeting someone of higher rank. Its common to offer a small gift. That being said, a hand written card or small gift is a lovely gesture. But anyone who receives a hand written card would be touched

I agree. No matter who you are, a hand written card or note is always sweet