BeautyHacker

Finally going to book my surgery dates! Just some questions

Hiya guys, I've finally decided I'm going to try and book plane tickets and what not this week, and I have some quick questions

I've not yet decided between Taiwan or Korea but

1. Do I book consultations first or plane tickets?
2. Do I bring money with me via card or cash?
3. If I'm doing eye surgery how long do I stay there for? I'm thinking two weeks??
4. If I confirm with a clinic during a consultation I'm doing my surgery with them, do they give me a slot straight away?

Thanks!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Plane tickets
2. Cash can get you a discount with some clinics (usually 10%) but these days using card will still give you a tax refund (7-8%) which you have to get later at the airport or the embassy after doing your surgery.
3. 2 weeks is fine in my opinion. Perhaps you should do more research if you're still asking this q.
4. Yes but the slot may be a few days later in larger clinics.

Thanks!

1. Consultations first. You don't want to book your flight and only to find out your preferred doctor(s) are not available for consultation.

2. Both. Technically you can pay the whole sum via cash but its safer to pay by card. Also you'll have to declare your cash at customs. For me I card the whole surgery cost and use cash for daily necessities.

3. 2 weeks seems adequate for any surgery. Plus you can tour the city with that amount of time.

4. Yes they will give you a slot, pending availability of course. If you have a preferred doctor, you'll have to adhere to his schedule though.

1. Find out if your preferred doctors are going to be there first. They might go off on conferences or something like that.
2. Clinics will charge you if you use credit card, to the tune of 15-20%. Clinics might give cash discount of 10%. Reputable clinics will also give you tax refund receipt even if you pay by cash- but some clinics might try to scam you by saying tax refund is included in the price.
3. 2 weeks is long enough for most surgeries. If it's FC though, you should stay a bit longer unless you get surgery done the day you arrive.
4. Straightaway could mean several things depending on the doctor's schedule. It could literally be that afternoon or the next few days. However, larger clinics who have well-known doctors may be fully booked during peak months (summer).

• 1 month later...
May i know who to ask about the tax refund? Im pretty newbie about all of this

Hi! I went to that clinic for non incisional des. I believed they have change the doctor for non incisional des and no longer the doc referred by meiting! Do PM if there's further queries