BeautyHacker

Double Jaw Surgery Journal

Hey guys,

I will be going to Seoul next month to undergo double jaw surgery. I've made consultation appointments with EU Dental, EverM, The Face Dental and Zeah. Although this forum seems like a ghost town lately, I want to document my experience to help others who are also doing research for their own surgery.

Previously, I've made posts regarding the reason why I want to get double jaw surgery. Although I know most people don't recommend it, I am going through this surgery for mainly aesthetic reasons. I've always disliked my side profile because even though I don't have an under bite, it looks as if do. I also know that double jaw surgery is an option for people who have really bad cases of TMD/TMJ. I don't have a severe case of TMD/TMJ, to where I get headaches, but my jaw does tend to pop out of place and lock up frequently (I'm talking 3-5 times a day). I've researched the topic and I've asked one of the mentioned clinics and they said that surgery can help but it's not guaranteed. It gets really frustrating when my jaw gets stuck almost every time I eat and on some occasions; when I'm having a conversation. My jaw also painfully pops when I chew and this has been going on for more than 3 years now but has gotten worse the past year. I just want to have a more aesthetically pleasing face but it'd be a huge bonus if it helped with my popping/locking jaw.

I only got estimates from two of the clinics. The other clinics didn't acknowledge my estimate requests even though I did set up face-to-face consultations with them. I will let you all know how the consultations go.

If you have any questions; feel free to pm me for my kakao.​

Oh cool! When are you planning on going? EverM and TFD.

I'm planning on end of this year. Saving up money right now :P Im curious about everm since they get a lot of patients so theres a lot of reviews with photos on their website and I like the end results. But it seems pricey :sad:

I feel you...they quoted me a price way beyond my budget but I'm still curious as to what they'll quote me in person. I really like their results too..struggles.

Ar you hiring a translator or just going with the ones they have in the clinic? Ive emailed TFD and Severance who has people talking English but Zeah hasn't gotten back to me yet so dont know if they have any english consultant. I'm also emailing Eu Dental allthough I think Dr Kim looks a bit on the young side. It's so damn hard to do research on these docs with the language barrier but his credentials looked promising atleast. Allthough I'd rather have someone with 20 years experience then someone with 10 years.

I'm not hiring a translator. It seems most people have bad experiences with them and all the clinics I am going to have English consultants~ I definitely understand where you're coming from when it comes to questioning the experience of the doctors. I'm going to be honest, EU is definitely at the bottom of my list. If you'd like to join a facial contouring group on KaKao, feel free to PM me your ID.

Like I mentioned on another thread, I was recommended EU by my moms friend as she went to ID before when Dr Kim was there. She mentioned that he's in his mid 40s
@jemsss as I'm interested in EU too, could I ask why they're on your bottom list?
@chardonnaylane can I ask if you can share your research about Dr Kim at EU?

Research is not the right thing to call it! I just went on EU website and thought he looked young, that's it:-s

All I know is what he states on the website which is that he used to be at ID Clinic. Its a jungle to finding the right surgeon!

The reason it's at the bottom of my list is because it's a new clinic and I can't find very much information/reviews about it. They also have a consultation fee which isn't normal among most clinics. Lastly, when I asked for a quote they dodged it. But I will still check it out!