BeautyHacker

My V-line at the Face Dental

(Nearly) 1 month update:

Very, very happy with my results. I can eat, talk and smile normally. However, due to the botox on my chin muscles, I cannot make this face as well:
upload_2017-5-18_12-2-8.png
But I don't really do that anyway haha so it's been no problem. For numbness, previously I said I had no numbness at all. Later on (like 2 weeks post-op) I realised my lower gums were actually numb (I just didn't touch that area much due to my stitches). This has not affected my life in any way. Sensation is now slowly returning too.

Swelling is still visible but only to myself, and otherwise I feel very confident in going out and meeting friends.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops, I accidentally posted the comment before I was finished. Anyway:

These are my scans:
upload_2017-5-18_12-6-33.png
upload_2017-5-18_12-6-45.png

I think he removed a bit more of my mandible angle than I wanted... but somehow it doesn't look that excessive in real life and I don't see any sagging at all.

12 days post-op:
Swelling still prominent here. Tbh I was getting very antsy here because I thought that double chin would stay and I was desperately researching double chin procedures. Turns out that wasn't necessary in the end. Also you can see my hair transplant in its early stages lol. But for those interested in hair transplant, it is not noticeable with your hair down.

I'm unable to upload the file image here because the file size is too big, but this was the photos taken at TFD: http://imgur.com/RaLKN1Z

~13 days post-op:
KakaoTalk_Photo_2017-05-18-12-09-33.jpeg

I took this photo because I was happy with how my mandible area was becoming more defined (underlined in green) but was concerned with my double chin (red area).

15(?) days post-op:
I was still wearing a hat going out while shopping because I felt like my face looked chubby. I didn't look abnormal, like I'd done surgery, but I looked chubby and I didn't like it. Also I had contoured my jawline here but I think I didn't do a very good job, since I think this was pretty representative of my profile without contouring anyway.
Note that I take the vast majority photos at eye-level. I notice many people on soyoung or on ps clinic websites use photos taken at deceiving myspace angles that give you a defined jawline by default.
d Collage.jpg

3 weeks post op
09.jpg
Very happy with my front profile, feeling good about my 45 profile (could be better though) and side profile is alright. I am also not the skinniest (BMI is around 21.4) so I can't expect the most defined jawline.
Regardless, my double chin is gone, and I know that swelling will continue going down over the next couple months so I am feeling optimistic. I think I won't need facial lipo at this rate :smile:

For reference, this was my side profile a few days before the operation.
[​IMG]http://imgur.com/a/qYYxS

nvm i didnt see you were the same person from the hair transplant thread i read about rofl what did you mean early stages when it's been a year since youve done it?
or is it because you did it again

• 3 months later...
Congrats on your successful surgery! I was wondering how did you narrow down your clinic choice to TFD? I'm thinking of doing facial contouring too and have done consultations with about 5 clinics but not sure how to choose! Thank you

Hi girls I have very important question,
I have heard that few hospitals shave ur bone too much n som don (may b they use som specific techniques)

But my question is if they avoid nerves then every doctor must have certain area to shave ,there is no thing of "this hospital shaved more n this not" it's always exact area no matter who shaves ...
Please share ur reviews I need ur reviews urgently,i m going next week .
Two jaw /v line /zygoma all at same time .
I need too much shaving as u have square face with short chin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
A year is still super early since your hair is growing back from the root. It doesn't grow from the length that it's implanted at. So think about how hair takes ages just to grow an inch!

I did my consult back in 2016 and knew I wanted to do it at a clinic that focused on dental/jaw surgery only, so that narrowed down to very few choices. I ended up only consulting with TFD because I wasn't really sure about V-line at the time anyway, and then when I went back to Korea a second time, I felt happy about the doctor and the clinic enough that I didn't bother consulting with other clinics. SO BASICALLY I only consulted with one clinic. A risky choice that I wouldn't recommend to others, but thankfully the results turned out well. It's great that you consulted with so many clinics!

Remember to do research on the actual procedures. A lot of clinics like to give their procedures a fancy buzzname and charge lots for it, saying it's an exclusive procedure they offer, when it's really just rebranding an existing mainstream procedure or doing multiple procedures at once and giving that group of procedures a single name. (E.g. my V-line is technically T-osteomy and jaw angle shaving).
Also, take note of how many patients were in the clinic. Is it a good number that seems appropriate for the doctor? If there's 5 patients at a one doctor clinic, chances are he's not taking time with the surgeries (but this is procedure-dependent).
Finally, there is A LOT that can go wrong with V-line. The doctor should take your concerns and personal situation seriously and not dismiss them!