BeautyHacker

My V-line at the Face Dental

@itsamemario Thank you so much for your detailed review! They call the procedure mini v-line but looking at your x-rays, it is actually genioplasty where they slide your chin forward and attach it with a plate right? I am getting this procedure so really curious about how you are healing now? Also in your last pic update I saw that from the side profile your under chin area was still a little round/swollen, has it gone down?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...
Hi. Could you send me the link of the airbnb you stayed in. I'm going to have surgery in August and that place would be awesome to stay because of how near it is.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
hey guys just a really quick update with some FAQs answered:
i'm like nearly 1.5 years post op now
i did jawline and face lipo (not acculift, it's traditional lipo) in dec 2017** [i will write a post on this eventually]
literally have 0 sagging
my jawline gets more defined as time goes by - definitely had a lot of residual swelling even 10 months post-op, when I look back at pictures
i wish i went with the more permanent option for the chin muscle reduction that the dr suggested since now that my botox has warn off, my chin looks bigger when i smile again which is a shame
my mandible angle looks super natural, doesn't look as scary as the CT scan showed it, also helps that I have a larger massmeter muscle again since the botox has warn off
no numbness, difficulty speaking, facial expressions etc

sorry for being a year late lol hope your surgery went well!
yep it's totally gone down, no double chin at all, but i also got jawline lipo so idk if that had to do with it, but i was going to get jawline lipo anyway regardless of whether i got v line, because my jawline was kinda fatty prior

genioplasty is just a general umbrella term for chin surgeries (incl. addition/removal to chin area) so technically yes it's a genio in that some of my chin bone got removed, but no they did not slide my chin forward and attach it with a plate

you're so lucky for not having any sagging at all lol glad to hear though

• 1 month later...
May I ask what's the difference between cutting the jaw and removing the outer layer of the jaw. I believe that's called cortical jaw reduction?

QUOTE="mlydzz, post: 32703515, member: 613478"]you're so lucky for not having any sagging at all lol glad to hear though. Also did you go back to take out our chin screws?[/QUOTE]

How long did you wait before having jawline + face lipo? Did you do that in Korea as well? I emailed TFD and he said that he can do buccal fat removal but not lipo, and that if I wanted lipo after I would have to wait 6 months, which seems way too long tbh.