BeautyHacker

PLEASE HELP ME: Best clinic for V-Line..??

Hey guys!
I’m planning to do a V-line in Korea next year. Can anyone share experience and the price paid for the surgery?
Are there any possibilities of infection/side effects in the future? Also, the bone is getting “skinnier “ as we age... oh, I probably should ask doctors about it

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, can you tell me the name of this doctor that left?

• 3 weeks later...

Can you pm me too please?

• 4 months later...
I’ve been researching for a PS clinic in S. Korea now for a week. I watched countless videos of before & after surgeries. I do find that some are from people who have well established YouTube channels, so obviously if I was to film the whole thing this would raise pressure on the clinic not to mess up my desired outcome.
Anyways.
I have contacted several of them and most of them have been quite responsive. The Docfinder service sounds good IF you are willing to add at least couple of thousands +++ to your expenses. But quite frankly, this is what I would do if I were in you:
1) Translations:
Contact clinics in English. Ask them precisely if the clinic will have someone from their staff translating to the doctor. Besides, these days most clinics have English translators already. If they say no: PASS. next.
2) Sleeping arrangements:
You can rent a whole apartment right next to your desired location through Airbnb for as cheap as $45 x night. Trust me, you will get a better accommodation through Airbnb than you will get on any hotel. Hosts are highly pressured to get 5 stars because Airbnb closes accounts if hosts get consistently anything below 5 stars. If you are unsure, simply refine your search to Superhost, and that’s easy. Be prepared to stay in Korea at least 2 weeks. To save even more, look for Airbnb listings that offer weekly discounts. You will end up saving extra 10%+++
Example: https://www.airbnb.com/s/Seoul--South-Korea?listing_types[]=1
3) Transportation:
There are several options, but if you get an accommodation a walking distance from the clinic, you won’t need much help. You can use Google Maps and just walk. If you really need a transpiration, simply use the Korean international cab service. They do speak English. They are kind of like Uber, so they won’t act stupid. Besides, Korean cabs are cheaper than in the US, and the fact that you are coordinating your things alone will already result in a huge saving.
Example: http://www.intltaxi.co.kr/reservation/book or kakao Taxi
4) Price inquiry:
When contacting clinics send them several pictures. 1 frontal. 1 three-quarters, 1 side. 1 casual. and while you are at it, send few random of you just to be safe. You want them to have a realistic view of your face from as many angles as you can. I’m an artist, so I know how much does the angle change the perspective.
5) Food & Beverages:
There are several food delivery apps, but after a decent research Yogiyo and Shuttle seems to be ok. I mean, particularly if you are doing face contouring, you won’t be able to eat that much for days. But at any rate, food delivery is great for the first few days and once you feel better, I suggest you go outside and explore around your neighborhood. Besides, even if you look beaten up, no one knows you and everyone is used to seeing tourists around with bandages lol…
https://www.shuttledelivery.co.kr/en/restaurant/menu/313/coreanos-kitchen

So there you have it. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your help! I'm already in Korea but I never knew about food delivery apps. :biggrin:

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone I am new here! I am looking to have v line surgery , nose done and eyelids done, but I just don't know where to start, we sent email to docfinderkorea as we live in the United kingdom, they asked for pictures and we sent them and we also asked if there is.discount to do.video journey if hospital use us as models and they said yes, so we can.negotiate when we have consultation .

Docfinderkorea said they have passed over out inquiry to hospitals so now we.wait.

So ....I sent inquiry to id hospital as I'm total new to this and they seem to be advertising EVERYWHERE and the cane back with a price , I almost fell of my chair! I have eyelids so I wanted them evened out but they also suggested I need a light.face lift?? After reading your posts id doesn't seem to be a very nice hospital.
Then I started to read about gng and they seem to be better with their service and reviews but what and how do we do this ?

Has anyone used gng hospital ?
I want to have it done at same time, vline, rhinoplasty, and my eyelids done. Is it.bettwr to go through docfinderkorea, or contact hospital yourself ?

Please help we are so lost now

Xxxx

• 2 weeks later...
From my research, and based off of some people's experiences here, most may tell you that it is better to directly contact the hospitals/clinics yourself. This could be saving you a whole lot of money. Even though it seems like a good service, they tried to get me to make a deposit with GNG without knowing very much about the hospital itself. Think about it; if a service was quick to try to make a naive decision without knowing very much about these clinics, do they really care about you or the experience that you may go through? In my opinion, it feels like they just want money as they make money off of us foreigners. Most people on youtube use their services and they end up with great results, but it feels like it's because that they have such a big following, is why they are able to get discounts from clinics and receive more attention to their after care. These hospital reputations would be hurt if a Youtuber were to review them and say they have botched results, so I feel like these hospitals give out more effort to these Youtubers.. It is better to do as much research as you can by yourself.
And to show you an example, this is what docfinderkorea quoted me even though i only asked for v-line and tip plasty & alar.
Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 4.16.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 4.08.24 AM.png (after asking for prices from docfinder)
And this (below) is what GNG quoted me when I reached out to them myself on the app LINE.
Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 4.10.29 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 4.38.00 AM.png (continuation of the message)
As you can see, some of these services were trying to recommend me procedures that I never even asked for, like zygoma reduction. I don't want to change my cheekbones. There are more examples of more procedures recommended to me in the other clinics that docfinderkorea recommended to me, and this honestly turned me off, as I felt like they were trying to upsell, making me feel like I need all these procedures done to be able to get the results I want. Anyways, I don't really know why each gave different prices, but it's always best to ask clinics yourself, and also ask around in forums and ask questions from members who have gone under surgeries themselves, as most are very understanding and would want you to have a good experience as well. I'm also fairly new to this. ;w; I'll admit, I too at first was going to go under docfinderkorea until I saw the prices and luckily found reviews on reddit that highly suggested that you also go through forums to find as many authentic reviews as possible before choosing a clinic. I have since chosen not to go with GNG or docfinderkorea, thanks to the people here who provided their information to those who are researching.
I hope these links don't get deleted but these may help you see what I'm talking about:
https://bit.ly/2kB7xG4
https://bit.ly/2H2pbvs
Good luck on your research :heart:

• 2 months later...

Why don't you ask them for a discount? They might give you discount from what I have seen in the forum.

Wow thank you!! Very helpful