BeautyHacker

Rhinoplasty with rib cartilage

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking to have my first rhinoplasty at V.I.P International in Seoul, Dr. Myung Ju Lee. He recommended me either combination rhinoplasty using septum cartilage for the tip and implant on the bridge, or 100% rib cartilage rhinoplasty. I have read many blogs, articles about which one is best for my case, but not sure exactly.

But what I'm thinking is that since I will be having rhinoplasty one way or another, I have to focus on my condition upon which to base my decision between those 2 methods. Primary condition is that it's my FIRST rhinoplasty. I have never had any plastic surgeries before, so I think implant would be better. Rib is used mostly for revision rhinos where excess amount of cartilage is needed to rebuild the nose because ear and septum cartilages are not enough. That's why the doctor recommended me the implant (specially said I recommend if you don't mind foreign implant). I have read honest and good reviews about this doctor.

I want to listen other people's opinions

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with you. I think rib rhinoplasty is for more extreme cases and difficult revisions. I had rib removed from my nose and I'm so glad I did. I realize now I never needed it in the first place--it's very invasive, takes longer, and of course, the cost of it pads many doctors pockets.

People who had silicon implant should have used rib because less chance of infection and a lot more natural since it will become part of you. Unless you don't need silicon implant then you shouldn't need rib anyways. why you needed the silicon implant? because you don't have enough ear or septal cartilage for the bridge. This is primarily for asians due to the fact that we have very little /low bridge. It's definitely more expensive because it's harder and take longer to do. In the US nobody I mean doctors recommend silicon implant because it's unnatural and high chance of failure with infection and such. This is why it looks unnatural or hard to look natural with silicon implant. It's weird how it's normal in Korea while it supposedly very advance in plastic surgery. Anyways It's only around 10k to do a tip rhinoplasty but 20k to do a rib rhinoplasty in the US. Mostly expensive due to the facility and etc, doctor fees are not that different tbh. Clinics in Korea have their own facility and anesthetic.

Dear @tinlee, I am sorry for your experience. I am looking into revision rhino at vip. May you send me privately any before after pics please?

I had my nose done there a few years ago. Mine was a revision. Is VIP charging more than other clinics? If I were u I would consult at other places too since it is your first one. I have heard good things about other places in Korea. Dr.lee does alot of revision with rib. But he charges an arm and a leg. My nose was very big and long to begin with after surgery but has went down in size since. I am pretty happy wirh it now!

Hi everyone, I’m thinking about going to South Korea for plastic surgery and came across a clinic called ME clinic. It has really good reviews on Whatclinic but apart from that I can’t find a lot of reviews on it. Does anyone have any experience with it at all?

Dear All,
I am trying to keep up with all the posts here...so glad I've found this forum :smile: I am a 33 year old female, European with Caucasian features. I am looking at korean plastic surgeons for their expertise in nose lengthening. I have consulted several "top" rhino surgeons in Europe in person, but none seem confident enough in lowering a nose tip.
I am considering Dr Kim from April 31 and Dr Lee from VIP. Dr Lee's before and after pictures are truly incredible. I saw a difficult case of Dr Kim for an upturned nose and he achieved it really well. Any advice please?

Where was the incision site for rib cartilage harvesting? Did it need a removal of stitches?

• 1 month later...
Dear Tinlee I'm so sorry about your nose, I hope so for you that you'll feel better again, I'm from Amsterdam, the Netherlands and wanted to go to South Korea for my revision Rhinoplasty but I think I better not go with all those nasty stories. I think you are a very good person I hope for the very best for you!

Hi Sandy. This is kind of helpful for me as I ak looking yo have my surgery in Korea. May I know how are you now after a year? I had visited Seoul few days and will be going back by end of November. I had went to a lot of hospitals and still cannot decide which hospital to take. Now I am undecided between VIP and JW. I wanted to know more about your experience with ViP. Thanks for your help.!

It’s way more expensive. The rib cartilage extraction is the expensive part of it. And it’s a 6 hour procedure. I haven’t done it yet. Still trying to decide which one to do and what hospital to go to. How’s your surgery and what hospital you went to.?