BeautyHacker

Asian Rhinoplasty in the U.S?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Earlier you said you had your nose done with Dr. Grigoryant with good results and now I believe you're saying its with Dr. Charles S Lee? Not sure if I got this wrong can you please clarify..

• 5 months later...
I'm searching as well and in the LA area. Out of everyone's work I aesthetically I like Dr Yoo's work best. Dr Charles S Lee was too natural for me. The noses from the Asian gallery still look bulbous, wide and ethnic but "less so". I like the nose to look more "caucasian"... Dr Yoo did a nose job on a Filipino girl on Youtube that made her look almost Latina afterwards and I am looking for that drastic result. A lot of the before and afters from other doctors look too natural and the nose still looks slightly bulbous afterwards...
I like this case he did:
The first girl here went from very average to knockout after her nose job imo but I think her nostrils are still kind of big in the after. I would want it even smaller...

I also like the work he did on this patient but personally I would want the tip to be even more refined in the "after".

However he is super expensive and the price is not right.. doesn't mean I would rule it out but it's just so high. Dr Ghavami is another one who's work I think is great but not so much on Asian bulbous noses...

One of the best nose jobs I've seen was on Jocelyn Cano (she's Latin) but it took her more than one surgery to get there.. her first nose job was by Dr Ghavami... there's a video of her before and after on Ghavami's Youtube but the result was too natural for her.. so she got it done afterwards (don't know who her subsequent doctor were) but it looks AMAZING now... she completely transformed herself and looks nothing like she used to (recent photos on her IG) but 10x better imo...

Travelling out of the country is not an option for me; I want to get it done here. The results I am looking for is more akin to the drastic results you'll see in S Korea where they transform someone... not looking for a smaller and refined bulbous nose (which many of the doctor's here do).

Is there any other rhinoplasty in the L.A area that are on par with S Korean plastic surgeons... the ones that perform magic on the K-Drama stars and give them that super "mixed" look?

I think I've looked at pretty much before and afters of all the well known plastic surgeons in the LA and haven't seen any that completely wowed me in terms of aesthetics.

Well I guess it's all a matter of personal preference, but honestly I hate Yoo's aesthetic. Just speaking for myself, I find his noses way too tall, over-projected, and fake looking. I actually find Charles S. Lee's aesthetic more in line with my own aesthetic, which is more natural but still noticeable. Kind of like "is it surgery or not."

Have you guys heard of Dr Goretti Ho Taghva, from CA US
www.realself.com/find/California/Newport-Beach/Plastic-Surgeon/Goretti-Taghva

She seems to be very experienced with asian clients. And her nose jobs looks more on the natruel side.
Her eye lid surgery looks damn good Im considering going to her instead of going to korea for it *_*

I actually like this one that Dr Charles Lee did... I like how it's not bulbous afterwards... looks like she is wearing contour afterwards tho... but the after is much better...

[​IMG]

one some of the other one it looked too natural and still kind of bulbous but I don't know if that's the way the patient wanted it... For example.. in this one it still looks very big to me in the after photo... i wouldn't want to get a nose job and still have it looking this big after...

[​IMG]

• 2 months later...
I'm Asian and wanted to go with Dr. Yoo, but he charges $20k ish with $500 consultations (i believe). I went with dr. grigoryant instead bc i loved his before and afters on real self, side profile was a huge thing for me bc i had a hump. he charged me $10k and i love my nose.

i do wish my nose was a tiny bit slimmer at the top for frontal profile but that's just me being super picky. i actually checked real self lately and saw some negative reviews for dr. g. yikes!

if money wasn't an issue i would've went with dr yoo initially though!

• 3 months later...
I did. Back four or five years ago when his price was 16k. It looks better than before but only at certain angles. Like from selfie angle it looks fine, but very weird at other angles. A Korean consultant here bashed on my nose and Dr. Yoo lol. They called him very amateur compared to Korean surgeons because his noses are overprojected and fake looking.

Also, it took an entire year for my nose to stop looking huge after surgery, which I thought was normal but found out that it's probably because something went wrong.. There was no aftercare from Dr. Yoo aside from him inspecting it. In fact, when I went in afterwards telling him how awkward the new nose fit with the forehead bridge, he said it was not his fault and my forehead is just like that. Uhhh, on their website it advertises that they try to create balance and harmony with existing features. I really wish I had my primary rhinoplasty in Korea.. it's a lot more complicated to do a revision given that there's scarring.

i wouldn't recommend her.. my eyes came out very uneven even after going with ur twice for a revision