BeautyHacker

Full face fat grafting-My experience

I'm very happy with my decision to undergo fat grafting.

I will PM you about the reasons behind my decision not to go with Fresh.

I was told that heavy/strenuous activity should be avoided for at least a month post-surgery, but YMMV.

The first week the transplanted fat feels hard and lumpy due to swelling. From the start of the second week (day 7) onwards, it started softening up little by little. Once you completely deswell, it should feel indistinguishable from your native fat.

Estimates of percentage fat remaining by a lay patient are completely unreliable. Let me explain.

How would a patient know how much fat was originally injected? A lot of facial volume gain immediately post-op is swelling, the extent of which varies from person to person. If you're using that as your baseline (100%), then you are grossly overestimating the original amount of fat injected and thus underestimated the % of your remaining fat once you reach the 3 month mark. Even if the surgeon tells you how many ccs are injected per site, not all of that volume is fat.

Also, retention varies from patient and site to site, depending on a host of lifestyle, personal, and surgeon-related factors, so self-reported % retention information is not very generalizable.

Excuse my long response. The scientist in me needed to get that out.

Thanks hun. I'm almost 2 months out and my results are subtle yet noticeable. I definitely have a more feminine and well-rested look about me, and I love it!

Do you know what is the difference between doing it from the thighs vs the stomach region?

• 1 year later...
I am planning go to fresh after couple weeks , got different lauguage consultant .....

• 6 months later...
Okay, so this is a very overdue update. It's been over 2 years since my fat graft and I've been satisfied with the results.

If you've read my original post, you'll see that the process and recovery were not without incident, but overall at this stage I am happy and have no plans to do a follow up graft. True...I don't have the super plump visage and protuberant forehead that is often desired, but I am a pragmatist and not a perfectionist. My undereye area and nasolabial folds are much improved, and I see improvement in the contour of my forehead and brow area.

The numbness in my thighs at the donor site is gone now (peripheral sensory nerves heal well). I never did go back and take GNG up on their offer to have botox to my "11s" within a year as I have been way too busy, but hope they will honour their promise to redo it the next time I'm in Seoul, as it never worked the first time. No idea if that will happen as their consultant turnaround has been pretty high.

I should add, HOWEVER, that I will NOT be going back to GNG for future fat grafts or any other out of pocket procedures.

They way they chose to deal with the apparent lack of efficacy of my forehead botox treatment (there was absolutely no change in the magnitude of my 11s weeks and months out) was to offer a redo "IF I come back to Korea within a 1 YEAR PERIOD ", knowing full well that it was unlikely for me to return, instead of offering a refund or no time limit redo.

There are too many other good clinics in Seoul to be bothered with one that doesn't put their patient's results and satisfaction first.

Thanks for the long term update on your fg as that's the true test of fg results.

Were you charged separately for the forehead botox? IMO if you're having forehead fg, the clinic themselves should recommend and include botox as part of the fg treatment since reducing movement in the area would help with fat survival.

If it worked on your jaw but not your forehead, that's really odd. Have you had it done to your forehead before? Maybe they didn't use enough units. For me, 10 units is not enough to freeze movement to my 11's.

Nope, they didn't include it. I asked for and was quoted extra for the inter-brow botox. I had the same line of thought as you in that I felt fat survival would be enhanced with less movement post-graft.

Hard to say if the jaw botox injected by GNG made a noticeable difference at the time, as my masseters are not super hypertrophic. I had them injected last summer as well with 75 units Botox (name brand, not the Korean stuff) at another international clinic, and the doctor doing the injecting commented that she felt I didn't really even need it for aesthetics (though it does double duty for me to counter my bruxing).

Good point, this was my 1st time getting inter-brow botox, and it may well be that they fell short of the threshold dose required. I carefully monitored and documented my muscle activity with pictures and did not see ANY change in the extent to which I could furrow my brows. My brow muscle game is next level though, Emilia Clarke strong, so there's that.