BeautyHacker

Clinic Reputations and Questions

Hello! I'm looking to do a square jaw reduction (not V-line - I'm afraid the surgery'll get botched and I'll end up looking like Tomomi Itano of AKB48), rhinoplasty, and possibly a calf reduction in South Korea. So far, I have these clinics in mind:
  • Banobagi
  • Cinderella
  • Wonjin
  • The Line
  • Grand Plastic Surgery
  • Regen
1) What do you guys think of the list? Should I cross any of the clinics off my list because of reputation?
2) Also, has anyone tried doing different surgical procedures at different clinics? (E.g. Rhinoplasty at Banobagi, and then jaw-reduction at The Line?) Or is that generally not recommended?
3) Is it possible to do a square-jaw reduction first, and then a V-line surgery later? Or are they mutually exclusive - meaning that once you do one, you can't do the other?

Thanks!

Hey! I got v-line surgery as well and I heard that Wonjin is a factory and they had a death there and also Grand had a death there as well. So I would avoid those clinics.. I went to Wonjin myself, but I just felt like it was a factory. They had way too many doctors and I felt like they will use shadow doctors.. I didn't really feel safe there, if you know what I mean..
I am not sure about other clinics as I haven't been to all of them. But if you are considering facial contouring surgery, would highly recommend DA. I had my v-line surgery there and the results are fabulous! (If I can say so myself ;))
I can't really answer your second question as I did not have other surgeries.. But from reading this forum, most people advise against it.
For the 3rd question, I am not 100% sure, but I think you can get both surgeries together at the same time, but not too sure if you can receive one or the other later on.
Anyways happy researching! :biggrin:

You might want to think twice before going to WonJin and Grand. There are patients who died under their hands just for plastic surgery. Not to mention Grand is also notorious for ghost doctor scandal.

Banobagi and Cinderella are famous for its factory-like style.

As far as square jaw reduction goes, have you tried botox? It works pretty well in most circumstances and I would at least try it out before deciding on permanent surgery. You have to know you'll like the look. Consider it like test driving before you buy.

Thanks for everyone's contributions! The reason I chose Grand was because I saw a blogger's (I think her name was Stella Lee?) rhinoplasty results, and it seemed good. Also, Grand gave me the best impression out of all the above clinics because they replied the fastest, and they took the time to break down what surgeries I needed exactly for a full rhinoplasty. But I guess I shouldn't risk going there if there's been a death/ghost doctors, huh... :/

But the clinic I'm seriously considering right now is The Line. It's the only clinic I haven't heard any bad things about. (I've heard Regen is pretty expensive.) I've also added some clinics to my list:
  • DA (I've had trouble submitting my online consultation with them though...)
  • View
  • Dream
  • Opera

is it the information true???

Very true, i heard same. all i see is a list of the infamous factories :sick:

Hm from your list.. I personally won't go to G or W.. For consults its okay if you got the time though. And i personally think that R got that 'factory' vibe from the way the consultant replied to me.. Kind of robotic, throwing discount list for procedures and whatnot. From what i have heard C also got the 'factory' vibe. Anyway take it with grain of salt, because that just my opinion. Drop for consults would benefit you.
For multiple procedures i think it's doable but it's also depends on how long you stay in Korea. Rhino takes longest to settle from what i read in this forum, but maybe you can do v-line after a week or two from your rhino? Your surgeon would give you advice for this though

I did v-line surgery at TL 3years ago, Square jaw was my main problem however Dr. Choi recommends me to do v-line surgery since my chin was too long (it was the right decision) What I remember is v-line is for both "jaw" and "chin" so if you are planning to do separately, like jaw reduction first then another one, you'll probably need chin reduction not v-line surgery

@lapislazulidoll I'm going to Regen in Dec so if you're not in a rush, I can let you let you how it goes after. I've seen that their main facial contour doctor, Dr. Oh, has pretty good results so I would definitely book him. I chose Regen because they were very responsive, and they also offered me up to 30% discount off their prices for deposit/cash/pics.

I had V Line at View last monday and I am going back to the hotel today. I don't really feel bad pain, but I feel frustrated with my bandages. View is good, Dr. Yoon is good and staffs are very kind, not bad. :smile: