BeautyHacker

My GNG Hospital rhinoplasty experience in July 2017

Hi girls.

My name is Yulia. I’m Russian transsexual girl currently based in Bangkok, Thailand.

Earlier in July 2017 I’ve gone to GNG hospital for my nose surgery performed by Dr.Hong (http://www.gnghospital.com/en/dr-seong-mun-hong-md-ph-d/). It was a primary rhinoplasty on my face.

Almost two months have passed since the operation and I’d love to tell I'm really happy with the results. I can’t describe in words how grateful I am to GNG and Dr.Hong for making me beautiful ^_^

For me the result is still magic. I’m so happy and excited about continuing changing my face.

I’d like to share my story and how I did come to choosing GNG and Dr. Hong for doing my rhinoplasty.

I started my research in spring this year. I was comparing different clinics and doctors from 3 countries: Thailand, Russia and South Korea. It's difficult to find reliable information on internet, bcoz usually when people happy with the result they don't really show off or put it somewhere (unfortunately!). I'd love to fix this a little bit basing on my personal experience.

While doing my research I found some funny fact - whether Seoul and South Korea (unofficially) known to be №1 for facial beauty surgeries - the price on the same surgeries was generally NOT lower in Russia and in Thailand, however Korean clinics, to me, look much more reliable than the others. Even more ridiculous - some Thai and Russian clinics asked 2-3 times more expensive.

I lost the wish doing anything in Russia pretty quick - two person whom I know have had not so nice results from different surgeons in St.Petersburg.

For Thailand, I’ve had less reviews to evaluate and even if the hospital is famous and charge approximately same price as in South Korea anyway. So I decided to proceed with clinics in Seoul.

At first I shortlisted 6 clinics in Seoul and contacted all of them. They were: Cinderella, ID Hospital, April31, GNG Hospital, HERSHE and Banobagi.

The thing I didn't like in Cinderella was their extremely bad communication. Actually they replied to my email only once after I called their landline phone and never get back to me after that, nor by email, nor in messenger. How can I believe this people will respond me quickly in case of any problem after the surgery and not just abandon me? I didn’t like their YouTube model result for rhinoplasty as well (imo).

Banobagi seemed to be over oriented towards foreigners. There is nothing bad with it (except probably higher prices?), but personally I don’t like such thing. Also from reviews I learnt that not everybody is so happy with their results from this clinic.

April 31 have had a lot of mentions on this forum, but I’ve never found much bigger reviews or YouTube references for this clinic. Also the clinic seemed to be very small, but not cheap.

ID hospital - I liked everything with it. There were some celebrities, including Jenna Talacova - Russian transgender model who’ve been Miss Universe Canada back to 2012 did her facial surgery. But I found out that one of the most recommended doctor’s from this clinic plastic surgeon license have been revoked. I don’t know the reason, I contacted staff and they promised to investigate and get back to me, but I’ve never heard anything about this issue from them anymore. Maybe it’s not that serious, but I was cautious.

HERSHE - overpriced. Just overpriced, even they pretend they do discount. Also there are lots of negative reviews about this clinic.

Finally, GNG hospital. There are several things I liked at this hospital from the first glance:

• It is a big hospital 10-storeys building, including 3 floors with hospital wards, post-operation treatment and surgery rooms are on different floors, it even have sleep disorders department and it’s own cafeteria (which actually have extremely cheap and yummy cupcakes and coffee, Grain Latte became my top favourite from there^^)
  • It’s ENT hospital, which means the surgeons care about functional changes (e.g. fixing deviated septum - which was in my case) as well as cosmetic effect, while most of the clinics can only promise cosmetic effect, not caring about functionality
  • It’s quite old and established hospital. All doctors have over 10-18 years of relevant surgeries experience and most of doctors seems to work there since the early days of the hospital. For me it makes feeling reliable.
  • There is no single negative review about GNG! Really, I tried really hard to find somebody disappointed in GNG doctor’s surgery result for rhinoplasty, but I found only positive recommendations. For me it was a big surprise. And definitely it was one of the decision-maker factors for me to help my surgery in this hospital
  • Communication. It’s really smooth, light and breezy. GNG have interpreters for English, Thai, and some other languages (probably Chinese/Japanese). During my stay I was with English interpreter Hazel. She was extremely caring and friendly since the first day we started to chat (even when I still was in Thailand and before I paid any deposit for the operation, she was so kind and answered all my questions)
  • 1-2 nights stay(in my case it was 1 night) at hospital ward after the operation and post-op anti-swelling treatment. While other clinics let u go home at the same day after surgery and not really provide any post-operation treatment, just remove stitches and cast only

Finally based on all of the facts listed above I’ve chosen GNG and personally Dr.Hong for doing my nose surgery (he was recommended for doing primary rhinoplasty basing on results I wanted to achieve).

In later posts I will share some pics of my witch nose before and cinderella nose after the surgery and will try to describe my day-by-day experience at GNG hospital (I made a notes while staying there).

Will keep you posted :x

Very interesting, the more I read about GNG the more It seems likely to be my final selection- glad to hear they handled your case with such care. Look forward to more of your story :amuse:

• 2 weeks later...
While being in a hospital, I took some notes for my diary. Now I'd love to share my memories with you ❤️

Consultation and Surgery Day( ◠‿◠ )
I was so scared! So stressed before the operation
Ofc I was sure 100% I want nose job done. But... when u face something u never deal before, u ask yourself many questions e.g. how painful it will be!? What I will feel after? Can I bear it? Will I be happy with result I want?
It's normal. And I've been asking myself these questions too. What I can tell now after the #rhinoplasty done ✅ It is no pain at all! For real, u even not get when u fall to sleep by anesthesia... just see sweet dreams and wake up :smile:)) that's how it was for me. No pain after. Just discomfort, u cannot breath by nose, u feel numbness in face, u start to be swollen more and more during first two days and bruises on the face start to grow. U don't look nice literally. But U know, 1,2,3,6 months pass and YOU WILL look nice. You waited several years doubting to do or not to do and now have to wait just few month to see how it turns to be ^•^ One good thing about @gnghospital - they offer 1 night hospitalization in the ward upstairs - u don't have to think about catching cab, getting back to hotel, etc. just relax and do nothing :smile:)) (well, in my life I normally do nothing only on Jan,1 so it's damn cool! ^^ ), food and everything u may need will be given. Phew... the most scary part passed. Now have to be patient and wait the result.
Awww!.. I'm soooooo excited (╹◡╹)

IMG_8446.JPG IMG_8447.JPG IMG_8493.JPG IMG_8496.JPG IMG_8517.JPG IMG_8523.JPG IMG_8524.JPG IMG_8536.JPG IMG_8537.JPG IMG_8547.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
Glad to hear about your positive experience! :smile:

I have consultations with April 31 and GNG in January, though price isn’t my main concern, I don’t want the cost to be super inflated. If you do not mind, would you personal message me what the clinics quoted you for rhinoplasty?

• 2 weeks later...
For those who wants to talk to me in Kakao please send a private message.

AFTER SURGERY DAY1:
Spent one night at the hospital ward. Still no pain at all. Nose bleeding lil bit and those bruises all over the face appeared..eww! Bcoz of gaps inside the nostrils I can breath only with my mouse-_-" damn, it's soooooo dryyyy now..물 - now I remember at least one korean word, haha☝️
But I am happy now! I know it will relief soon and my face will be more beautiful in a few weeks with a new nose and I can bear all the discomfort now I feel ( ◠‿◠ )
Remember no pain, no gain ;)⭐️
At the end of the day I walked around the hospital(damn, there are 10 floors!) just to see around and took some pics.
Many thanks to the doctor Hong and clinics staff and especially Hazel and that nurse who cam to bring me a water all night ^^"
I know I can be very annoying, when I am eager to something, ask many questions, think too much, talk too much ☺️
But you were so kind to me and I really appreciate eat^^" now I just keen the time when the cast will put down and I can see first result of doctor's work^^
I trust it will be great & professional ^_^

TO BE CONTINUED ....

• 3 weeks later...