BeautyHacker

My PS Journey in Korea!

Hey guys!
So I have been threading on this forum for a while doing my research for facial contouring surgery and I have finally arrived in Korea!!! XD
Thanks for all the detailed review people wrote on here and for answering my questions.
I avoided the peak Chuseok holiday period and it seems now the clinics are less busy and its easier to get appointments for consultations and surgeries.
It's currently autumn here and the weather does seem a little chilly but I guess that is better then summer for recovery right?
Anyways, I have been to several clinics for consultations and I plan to receive my surgery tomorrow!! Eeeek!!!
I am SUPER excited and nervous at the same time as facial contouring is a major surgery and I don't think I can sleep tonight!!!
Been to about 5 clinics for consultations: ID, TL, Wonjin, DA, and View.
Heard many things about each of the clinics here on the forum and I thought visiting 5 clinics would be enough for me as they are best known for facial contouring surgeries.
I won't go into detail about my consultation as each individual's have different opinions about each clinic and I chose one clinic that suited me best and I know I can trust.
I was worried that I might not be able to come to a decision about the clinic but somehow it clicks.
I read on this forum that people should visit different clinics to see what clinic and doctor suits them best and I think that is correct and very good advice.
You won't know for sure if you only go to one clinic. Go to at least 2~3 and see what each doctor says about you and what kind of surgeries they recommend you with.
Anyways, I will keep posting and update my progress with you all ;)
Wish me luck for tomorrow!!! :biggrin:

Thank you for sharing scandinavia :smile: I will visit there and will share too:biggrin:

Hey guys, thank you for those who wished me luck for my surgery.
I am alive and well! Good enough to get up and write a detailed review after surgery.

It’s been about a week now after my facial contouring surgery and I won’t lie, few days after surgery are the worst. So let me explain in detail about what happened.

I underwent square jaw surgery, zygoma and front chin surgery (facial contouring)

On the day of surgery: I went in at around 9AM to the clinic and got changed into robes. I was so freaking nervous but the nurses there calmed me down which helped a lot. I saw the doctor before going into surgery and he explained to me what was going to happen and where he is going to operate etc. Then I went into the operation room and I remember it being very clean and cold. I was so nervous then but the anesthesiologist came and asked me some questions and I went straight to sleep afterwards. I woke up few hours later and I was groggy as anesthesia hasn’t worn off 100% and I wasn’t in pain but I was feeling chilly and dizzy. I was also very thirsty but I couldn’t consume water for 4 hours!! That was the worst part. After that I stayed overnight at the clinic and I just slept and slept.

Swelling wasn’t bad on the day of surgery but after 3~4 days, it got extremely worse. My cheeks and lips were all swollen and I couldn’t even open my mouth. It was horrible. I consumed pumpkin juice which apparently helps de-welling and I walked around a little bit and I think now the swelling is going down slowly. But seriously when the swelling got worse I was soo regretting my decision. But now I am not :smile:

I went to the clinic on the 3rd day to get my stitches removed and I remember the nurse being really friendly. I asked a lot of questions as I am nervous about everything but she was very kind to answer all of them patiently. Stitch removal didn't hurt that bad. (Thank God!)

The worst part of it all is that you cannot eat solid food!!! Liquid diet sucks. I didn’t realize it would be this hard but I think not being able to eat what you want is torture!! >.< I am hungry all the time but I cannot yet chew hard food so liquid diet it is.. L I am eating porridge and soy milk at the moment. And pumpkin juice yay~ lol
I hope liquid diet finishes soon.. I want to chew food! >.<

Anyways, that's my review for now. If anybody have questions, feel free to pm me for more details. I might be late answering your questions but will try my best!

before 1.jpg

before 2.jpg

Here are my before and after photos. I wasn't sure if I was able to show my face in full so I used my wonderful skills at photoshopping my photos to cover my eyes :P

The above pics are before surgery.
The below pics are after surgery.

postop 7 days.jpg
7 days after surgery - you can notice little bruising..

2weeks post op 1.jpg2weeks post op 3.jpg2weeks post op2.jpg
These are 2 weeks post-op. Swelling still remains but the doctor said it will go down soon :smile:

Let me know if you guys have any questions! Thanks for reading this post :smile: Hope I was helpful to someone on this forum!

Thanks :smile: I currently have some numbness in my cheeks, but the doctor said the feeling will come back after 1 month so I am still waiting. Right now I am 2~3 weeks post-op so I still have to be careful what I eat. I cannot chew hard foods yet, but I can cut meat into little tiny pieces and that makes it easier to eat it. (Liquid diet sucks tbh, its good to chew again!) I am not a 100% sure if they reattached any bones...? but I think they just cut the bone.. ;)

Thank you for sharing
@scandinavia, Thank you for sharing and congrats on your successful experience. You look amazing already! Please keep us updated on your recovery process. Would you mind if I ask which clinic you went for in the end? I'm also looking to have full facial contouring (cheek, mandible, chin) this Christmas and I really like your face shape. So far I have hopes for VIP, ITEM and DA but still searching for more options and real reviews. Does anyone have any experience with them or a place you would recommend for natural and sophisticated facial contouring?

Thank you!!! :biggrin: I love my results as well hehe I will keep updating here when I have the time. I went to DA at the end and I am glad that I did. I haven't been to VIP, Item Plastic Surgery but I can tell you DA is really famous for facial contouring. I liked their b&a photos they keep posting on instagram/facebook. Good luck with your surgery in Christmas!