BeautyHacker

My PS Experience in Seoul (Facial & Breast)

Hello everyone ~ I am Wen, from China. I just came back from Korea last week.
I was very interested in facial contouring surgery and breast surgery, but there are so many clinics in Korea and it was really difficult to choose the right one for me. So I just went to Korea with a travel visa, got consultation services from several hospitals.
I am writing this article to share my experience with those who want to do plastic surgery in Korea. Hope this can help you when you select a clinic for you.
The very first clinic I went to was DA plastic surgery. I went there it because the clinic is big, and from I heard it is famous. The clinic facility was very nice and the staff was really kind. However, the price really "surprised" me. 25 million Won for facial contouring surgery (long curved jay surgery+zygoma migration surgery+chin surgery). The coordinator said although the price is a bit expensive, she can manage to give me aqua liposuction and facial contouring injection for free, and swelling care after surgery, but that was it. And the cost for breast augmentation was 10 million.
I was disappointed. The clinic was really clean and nice, the coordinators were also so pretty, but the price of the surgery was way too much, no kidding, I thought I could buy a small apartment in my city with this much money. Money was a big concern to me, and this is why I didn't choose DA.
The second place I tried was Banobagi clinic, I chose here because I've watched <Let Mi In>, which was a surgery makeover TV show. The girls on the show got a surgery at Banobagi wand they all became so much prettier than before. This really attracted me a lot.
First, I met a coordinator to simply talk about the surgeries and she said the price will be fixed after seeing the doctor. As it is a bone contouring surgery, I had to take a 3D-CT photo, and then finally met the doctor He explained to me in detail about the procedures of the operation and how I would change after the surgery. This was what I really liked about.
Then I got the price of facial contouring surgery. It was about 15 million Won, and for breast, they use MOTIVA prostheses which is 16.5 million Won...I think the result might be very good, but the price was way too high too. Felt a bit bad for the coordinator who was super helpful.
After the two ‘expensive’ clinics I had been to, I suggest you if you are rich, you can go to those clinics where have very good buildings and more free services. But if you are like me who has a limited budget, I recommend you choosing the ones with cost effectiveness, still showing good result.
That's why I went to the third clinic, my choice, Opera plastic surgery.
It was after all where I had the surgery.
OK, let me tell you why I chose Opera..
First, I felt really tired after visiting the 2 other clinics and I didn't really want to walk too much. And Opera plastic surgery is just at 2~3meters from Exit #11 of Gangnam station. The location was very convenient.
I told the coordinator about what kind of surgeries I wanted, did a quick survey, then CT, then I met the doctor. The doctor could speak very good English but for more comfortable conversation, I chose to use their Chinese interpretation service, which was totally free!!! After consulting with the doctor, the coordinator told me about the price: facial contouring surgery was 8 million Won, breast surgery with round-shaped implant was only 6 million, and water drop shaped was 7 million Won. Wow, the price was V~ery tempting compared to the other 2 clinics.
I got really interested in OPERA because of their price, so I asked so many questions about the chances of having sagging cheeks after the surgery, and the difference between fat graft method and implant method for breast surgery...etc. The coordinator answered my questions very patiently with smile all the time. She told me they operate with minimum incision and with a special way of a stitch-up, it can decrease the chances of sagging cheeks. About the breast surgery, she said OPERA used the most numbers of breast implant for the past 5 years in Korea, showed me the appreciation plaque from a very famous company called Amore Pacific for the number of operations. Opera can also offer airport pick-up and sending service, hotel reservation service, SMARTLUX_Dual swelling care service, etc.
Finally at Opera, my purpose of travelling to Korea was achieved--visited the clinics I was interested in and choosing the right one. I didn't make my decision right away and came back to China after 3 more travel days. I checked more before e& after pics at online community called Soyoung, finally made my decision to go to OPERA. I just sent them deposit yesterday... I am so excited already!!!
I wanted to write more about my trip, but writing online space is kind of limited.
So, here are my last tips on choosing the right clinic for you!
1. Check the qualifications and experience of the doctor and the clinic
2. Check their safety system
3. Check if their service and price fits your
(I personally don't recommend getting a loan or borrowing money to do surgeries)
4. Check if the clinic is still responsible after the surgery
If you need help, don't hesitate to ask me~:smile:

Hi dorothy! Thanks for sharing your consult story.. I've always heard that banobagi is pricey.. Sigh. But i didn't know that DA is too. They weren't the easiest to consult with, same as TLPS. At least that's my experience. I think 16.5million is kind of hefty! From few clinics i consult (online) with, some of them offering BA for around 10million..I think you could bargain for the price you want, as long as you be firm about it and you made sure you really are comfortable with your surgeon :smile:
When will you do the surgery? Good luck!

@dorothy1993 Hey thank you so much for sharing, Opera always give insane deals to locals. it's also cheaper for foreigners that's cool, but not everyone has been blessed by affordable prices. I wonder why some people got ripped of by Opera while some people got very cheap prices
Can I ask you what method they use for FC for your surgery? for jaw the long curve cut? and for zygoma L cut osteotomy? thank you!

Hi, Minhyun

Thank you so much for your interests!
I will update my post with real pics soon!! :smile:

Hi, girl
I just chose OPERA because after visiting several famous clinics in Seoul, what I noticed is their skills or technology is almost at the same level.
Important factor for me to to OPERA is their kindness and safe procedures.
They have 24-hr residing anesthetists always during the whole procedure, which relieved me.
I will update my post with my recent pics soon!

Yes, prices change all the time in Seoul. haha
I think I was lucky and OPERA right now has a big sale event going on.
Some of my friends are interested, too.
About the surgery method, they(OPERA) told me depending on patient's condition, they choose the right shape to cut, after viewing the CT scan.

• 2 weeks later...
Good luck :smile: