BeautyHacker

how old is too old to get plastic surgery?

i'm interested in getting facial contouring and double jaw and maybe a genioplasty... Right now i'm 17 but i know that i wont have enough money to get them until I'm around 25-30 yrs old (i need like 30k USD)
is that considered to late to get it all done?

i mean people that age have done the things you've mentioned and it mostly depends on your facial skin, fat and muscles so maybe save that question for when you're actually that age because you dont know how it will look like for you. you have all this time to analyze your face. just know that the younger the better.

thank you so much!

I'm 30 and i soon will embark my ps journey so it would be my primary. I think it's not too late, it all comes down to your mental and your money of course. Ps is tertiary for me, it's a luxury i didn't have few years back. And still i am saving now for it. And i read that the younger you are, the easier recovery will be for you.

Well considering that older people get eye lifts, face lifts, etc. I would say there really isnt an age limit. Just skin condition and if the person is healthy enough for surgery. But with facial contouring age could be a factor in skin sagging after the procedure.

wow good luck! what procedures are you thinking of getting done?

Hi :smile: thank you! i wanted to do 2-jaw and eyes, but since i read that doing 2jaw may alter our nose to look bigger i'm researching for rhino too. I'm kind of reluctant doing fc because of sagging risk.. Anyway if you're under 25 my guess it would be lower (risk). Lets see how the consult verdicts for me later..

I get what you mean, at 17 i didn't have the money nor the chance to do it. So if you really wanna get ps start early the better. but please think about ps thoroughly. It's serious and the risk involved is no joke :smile:

you are absolutely right. ive always been self conscious of my face because of asymmetry, but I still need to do a lot more research before i decide anything. thanks for the advice!

I read that about 2jaw too! and you might have to get braces as well... however i was thinking; if it does alter your nose should you get rhino at the same time as 2jaw? I'm not sure if its a good idea because of breathing difficulties...

yeahh i think even if you are young and have alot of cheek fat you will sag as well... but after researching i found that some patients go back and do liposuction

No problem :smile: Yeah lipo, thread lift or face lift seems to be the probable options post fc.
I have asymmetry too, right side of my face is bigger than the left. And sometimes it got really prominent especially in photos.. Botox didn't really help that's why i'm looking into more advanced procedures.

True it's very tough to undergo both rhino and fc/2jaw in the same time. Nose pack blocked and your mouth would be super swollen.. I'm thinking of 1.5months in Seoul to do it all together, 2jaw first.. But a clinic i consulted with said it's better to do rhino post 2jaw after 2-3months.. Sigh

its sooo much money and i only saved 1/4

how did you manage to save up?
i wish you the best, and i hope the surgeons are friendly towards you!!

Thank you! I wish the same for you too. Kind of embarassed i have been saving for up to 5 years i think.. I'm not very wealthy :P That's just how long i wanted to do that.. If i may suggest don't go with limited budget. You deserve the best and don't pick a surgeon solely on the price alone. If there's a surgeon you like and they happen to be within your budget then that's great! But if you happen to encounter some clinics that suits you but they are quite steep, don't skimp on pennies. However, when you find your clinic do bargain. If you do multiple surgery or go in groups, prices may decrease too :smile: