BeautyHacker

Rhinoplasty Question

For those who've had rhinoplasty done, I have a few questions.
-Did you guys had to have revision surgery done? And how common do you think revision surgery is? Is rhinoplasty a cosmetic surgery that usually requires revision?
-If a desirable nose can be achieved with just one surgery (without revision), do you have any tips on getting a successful primary rhinoplasty?
-For those whose rhinoplasty surgery was done a long time ago, (1-3 years), do you have any undesirable side effects/are there any common side effects that occur as time goes on?
-How do you know if you need a revision surgery? And how did you go about getting revision surgery, as in did you just travel back to Korea to get revision?
Thanks in advance

Answer to question one: Usually revision surgery factors on how well your doctor performed rhinoplasty and how you recovered from it. So do your research on the clinic, doctor, and after-care. Go to a minimum of three consultations for different clinics to ask about the surgeons credentials in Rhino and what you want you are looking for as far as visuals.

Question two: It depends on what shape your nose is in. For example, my cousin had a huge hump on her nose compared to mine (the bridge was crooked also) She got her Rhino done in Iran. The surgeon had to break the bone in her bridge in order to straighten it and remove the hump, resulting in a much more dangerous process. As for me, I had a slight hump and bulbous nose. My surgery was less risky. For a successful rhinoplasty, make sure your surgeon specializes in Rhinoplasty of all kinds, open/closed/etc.

Question three: Unfortunately, I had rhinoplasty about 5-6 weeks and I am still recovering. Still very swollen. As for side effects or complications. I have none really. I dont feel pressure or pain, I breath normally, my only complaint is my nose tip feels stiff.

Waa, This is so nice answer;; I have nothing to say for her question becoz you made it perfectly at least in my knowledge.

:heart: Thumbs up.

To get back on topic :smile:

- I believe none of the PS goers & clinics aim to have people come back for revision and many don't. But if you research this forum you unfortunately will see that there are many cases where people have to go back for a revision. Some for botched jobs, but more cases where the issue is that they did not get the nose they really wanted.

- As @Sarahdomm make sure to do your research properly, including what nose you want to have, including material pros & cons, type of nose, etc. This will also help when you are at the clinic for consults so you know what to ask the doctor. And make sure to do more F2F consults before deciding on a clinic.

- Depends for instance on the material used in your nose, as in the past there were many cases where silicone caused protrusion and thinning of skin. However, I read that silicone also evolved from hard to soft, so now when researching I rarely came across any of these cases anymore. Own tissue like rib also have problems of course. So do your research and I would suggest to also do online consults, just for practice for instance :smile:

- Most forummers you will see do go back. Just make sure to be clear about a clinics revision policy, just in case issues occur.

Good luck researching!

-Yes I had a revision done. I think revision rhinoplasty is very common. you can avoid this by doing extensive research
-You can get desirable results if you do enough research and go to a place that has more hits than misses.
-If your nose is crooked , if you start having breathing problems or if you straight out do not like the results after 3 -6 months , you may want a revision.
-I did not go back to korea for my revision, I went to another country and I'm now happy with my results