BeautyHacker

What is the best way to pay for surgery in Seoul?

That s depends how you going to pay :smile: did you pay deposit? and are you going to get some tax returns?

Where did you hear this? On the visitmedicalkorea website the date has not been updated, but the clinics have been updated per Feb 2018, and also in 16 and 17 the tax refund had always been till end of Dec. So quite positive it should be until end of Dec 2018 as well.

She meant you can get tax refund within 3 months after VAT receipt issued date.

Ah :smile: But why would you do that anyway? Assuming you dont live in Korea, I would think it is best that you directly get the refund at the airport.

I don’t get what you meant, but I meant if you don’t get your refund within 3 months after that specific VAT receipt issued date, that specific VAT receipt would be expired and you can no longer get refund for that specific receipt.
There are people who stay in Korea longer than 3 months, so receipts can be expired.

I meant most go for PS and get back, so I was thinking it wouldn't be clear why you wouldn't get the VAT refund immediately upon leaving. But in case you stay longer than 3 months it would make sense, of course.

• 2 weeks later...

@Mandy1605 ,

You asked the same question in an earlier thread just earlier this week and members including myself have been kind enough to address your concerns at some length, so please don't ignore our efforts and ask us to devote more time to repeat again.

At least re-phrase your question better for others to answer something more specific.

See mentioned thread here, also for anyone else who is interested to know about getting tax refund and whether KRW or USD has more bargaining power:

#

Ok

Sorry to cross-reference these posts from another thread, but they are relevant to this thread and hopefully have offered adequate opinions on the same money issue that people always ask about:

1. KRW or USD?

2. Which payment method?

Original thread:
#