BeautyHacker

What is the best way to pay for surgery in Seoul?

You have quite a few options in the way that you pay for PS in Korea, but the more popular options are either by credit card or cash. A few also mentioned they paid in advance, which if you do your research is not recommended not only because of the costs involved, but more importantly that it is not recommended to decide on any clinic in advance before having F2F consults. When paying with cash, you should take into account that max. amount you can bring to Korea without having to do paperwork is 10K USD. Hope this helps.

• 4 months later...
what about international debit cards? visa debit cards?

Yes, make sure you apply those with no international 3% fees and also Korea if you pay credit card they charge extra 1% of the amount of your total. Yes, They all take cards. Also, negoicate on prices even though you pay cards.

Thanks for the info. You're really helpful

No problem! I love to share my experience so other people don't have to go through what I had to 3 years ago. Because if we don't speak Korean they do take advantage of us. Just be careful. Now I know so much. I would love to share.

don't mind me asking this but are you an asian or a caucasian girl/man?

• 2 weeks later...
Debit cards are also an option, but typically you will have to pay a small fee when for instance getting cash from the ATM and on top of that you will likely have a limit on how much cash you can withdraw per transaction. And then you also have the exchange fees that your bank put on top of it. So unless your bank has very favorable rates, it is not a recommended option. Credit cards would be better, but still you also have exchange rate fees that you need to take into account.

I know people have paid via Paypal before so you can always check with the clinics you're interested in. A tip is to ask for the Korean and USD price though so you can found out the exchange rate a clinic uses.