BeautyHacker

Fresh PS review- Fat grafting and facial lipo

Hi Forumers!

It has been already a week from my fat graft and facial lipo and I’d like to share my experience at Fresh PS. My main concerns were tired look and chubby chin so I really wanted to have fat grafting and double chin lipo. I researched a lot and finally decided to have surgery with Dr. Hong at Fresh.

First of all, I contacted JW, TL and Fresh online. Since I was in the US, the only way that I could communicate with them was e- mail or whatsapp. These clinics immediately responded and there was no language barrier but JW quoted me 4.5~ 4.9 mil KRW for fat graft. It was way out of my budget so I dropped JW. Fortunately, I have a Korean friend so I asked her for help.

Personally, safety and good result are the most important factors for me to decide which clinic to go with. My friend said both clinics –TL and Fresh are famous in Korea but Fresh is more specialized in fat transfer and lipo. The thing I liked most about Fresh was that they arranged an online consultation session with the surgeon. Also, consultant was very kind and gave prompt reply to my questions. Believe me, I asked tons of questions so I couldn’t remember all of the questions in the end. Anyway, Youtube videos really helped me and I saw lots of good B&A pictures on the Fresh website so I made my mind to visit Korea and to have face to face consultation in person.

The clinic has a distance from Sinsa station. I mean, not really near from Sinsa station but took less than 10 minutes on foot. Once I arrived at the clinic, the interpreter was waiting for me and greeted me kindly. I wrote my information on the chart and saw B&A photos while I was waiting. The clinic was a bit small but there were lots of locals waiting for consultation and treatments. It seemed like the clinic was quite famous among Korean locals but it was too crowded to wait for consultation. The interpreter came back soon and let me change my clothes first. After that, I was led to one of the consultation rooms. As my main concern was sunken area under my eyes, I was told that I need fat grafting and they also recommended me full face lipo too. Since I was very chubby 2 years ago, I wanted to get defined jaw line and improve skin elasticity.

After having a brief consultation, I finally met Dr. Hong, chief doctor of Fresh PS. He was very kind and he can speak little English so I asked all my questions. My skin had no elasticity due to 1 year of harsh diet so I asked him if my skin would be more sagged after facial lipo. He assured me that he had dealt with worse cases before and results were good and that I don’t need to worry. He was really confident and knew exactly what I wanted.

After the consultation, I booked my surgery for 11am the next day and they told me precautions, preparation for surgery in detail.

On the day of operation:
It was so hard not to drink water in the morning. I arrived around 10am and signed on the surgery consent form. Also, I was informed that what I have to do and what is prohibited for a month. After that, I was sent to recovery room to change my clothes to a patient gown and a nurse came to take my blood for PRP. It was a bit stingy at first but not so painful after a few seconds. I waited for few minutes and then I met Dr. Hong again. He asked me once again what my concern was and asked me to point out the part that I want to see improvement. Dr. Hong drew blue and red lines on my face and once again, assured me he would do his best. Before going into the operation room, I was really nervous but right after I was sent into the OR, everything was so quick that I can’t remember exactly. But the last thing I heard was my interpreter saying ‘now you are going to sleep’. I fell asleep due to sedation and after I fully woke up from the anesthesia, I thought, ‘Dammmm these women are so professional!’

Operation room was cold but nurses put me back to the warm bed. I slept in the recovery room for a couple of hours and when I was able to sit and walk, they came back with a small present which included ice packs and other items that I would need after surgery. The translator then gave me prescription, instructions which explained when I can start taking a shower, daily care guide and what I can and cannot do etc. I booked my aftercare schedules and the nurses helped me to wear compression pants. After that, I was finally discharged.

The Next day of surgery-
I went back to Fresh to get aftercare treatments. They gave me infrared light treatment and a de- swelling injection. I visited 2 times more on the 4th and 6th day post operation to have High Frequency treatment. The de-swelling injection made me pee often but only for 2~3 hours. Skin care was AWSOME and the aesthetician’s fingers were soooo smooth. She touched my face gently and I forgot the pain. The aftercare services helped me a lot with the bruises and swelling. When I came back to the States, most bruises significantly faded but only minor swelling was left. About the medication, I took it for 5 days, which included antibiotics, anti-inflammatory medicine and pain killers. Also there was an ointment I had to apply on the incision areas three to four times in a day.

On the last day of visiting clinic, I got the last treatment and stitches were removed. Lastly, I met Dr. Hong again and he said my recovery was going well. But also mentioned I might feel hardness and stiffness under my chin and cheeks after 2 weeks and such sensations would be gone gradually. I asked few more questions regarding recovery and swelling and he said I could come back 3 month later for a second top-up.

Assessment of Fresh clinic:
Local clinic, Located in GangNam, Professional staffs, Clean and cozy
English consultant available. Excellent aftercare.
The most important aspect: Surgeon’s skills.

It’s a bit early to talk about the result and I’m still waiting for the final result. However, I can see that my chubby chin is gone, my skin is lifted and sunken area under the eyes is filled up. I hope my retention will be good so that I don’t need to go back to the clinic. Dr. Hong was kind and I was bit nervous and stressed about being overseas and getting surgery, but staffs tried to help me all the time and I was touched by their hospitality. If I have to rate their service, I will give them 4.5 out of 5. I deducted 0.5 because I have not seen the final result yet.

I’ll upload more reviews and show you my result. I can’t wait!
I attached before and after pictures so PM me if you have any question.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the review! You look much younger already. Please keep us updated on the progress of your recovery as I'm always curious how much of the fat stays. :smile:

Since you had chin lipo, was the doctor able to use that fat as some of the donor fat for this procedure? Did he use both thighs for the rest of the donor fat?

I normally don't see that type of bruising under the eyes for full face fat graft, was he injecting fat into the eyebags to remove them? Did he mention any risks of injecting fat below the eye area?

Hi Gats! Thank you for your comment. I hope my rest swelling disappear soon and I'll definitely upload more pictures and reviews. My donor site was thighs though. I felt soreness on my thighs right after the surgery but now I feel fine with it.
I was told that fat can not be injected over suborbital bone line and Dr. Hong just felled up the sunken line. I didn't get eyebags removal.
He told me about the risk of injecting fat under eyes and will have bruises because there are lots of micro blood vessels surrounding eyes.

Hello!
You chin removal is definitely amazing! Face fat grafting looks also very nice!
I also went to Fresh for a consultation regarding the exact same: face fat grafting (I have sunken cheeks) and double chin removal( I dont have a big double chin but still the little fat handling gets me conscious!). My consultation was really good. I still have to decide weather I’m choosing the correct clinic and surgeon.. but after seeing yout post I’m more confident. I will have to get my procedure done in December as Im off from work.
How do you prepare yourself for the surgery? I’m super scared! Does it hurt? How long you stayed at the clinic after your surgery? Regarding the aftercare, the appointments were included in the initial price or you took then apart?

Thank you for the review and pictures. Your decision of going for surgery was definitely worth it!

@caro89 Hi caro89! Thank you for your comment. Oh, good to hear that you liked the clinic too! I had big pelican chin and it was hard to remove with diet (I haven't eaten burger for 1.6 year). Happy that it is gone eventually.
I hope your surgery also go well and they will help you everything so you don't need to worry about it. I got really nervous too but translator and staffs assured me and stayed with me. My forehead wasn't hurt but only suction area- chin and thighs.
In terms of aftercare, it was included in the price. I'll update my pictures soon :smile:

Hi digitalashes! I did full face lipo so jaw line also included. They told me 3.5 mil KRW for facial lipo but I got some discount because I got fat graft too.

Hi ys_love 97! Thank you for sharing review. I wish for your good result and will definitely look forward to ready more reviews! Fresh is one of the clinic on my list and I like their results. How is your recovery going now? Still have bruises and swelling?Could you tell me where was your donor site? Thank you in advance :smile:

For jaw and chin work, I’d say the face dental & EUdental are the two best clinics. :smile: I’ll be having consult with both In jan ;)