BeautyHacker

Eyes and Nose at Banobagi (Nov 2017) Experience

My guess is maybe USD $2-3k for just tip refinement? At the very least, the procedure has to cover the cost of running the surgery room (nurses, anesthesia, doctor's time, etc.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much for such a detailed post! I'm going to Korea in April and am leaning towards Banobagi. I'm also debating whether I should go with a third party medical tourism agency (DFK, Beautiquekorea) just for the convenience. I have read from other people on this forum that consultations at Banobagi with the surgeon himself tends to also be really rushed and that worries me as I wouldn't want my nose to result in something totally different from what I wanted. I've seen several B&A of Dr Lee's work on rhinoplasty and I love it as it's more on the natural side plus it's done in a way that enhances the individual's face rather then completely change it. My question is that I want to get my eyes done too, DES non-incision, epicanthoplasty lateral and ptosis correction but I'm unsure whether to go with Dr Lee or Dr Park. I don't think I have come across anyone that has had their eyes done by Dr Park before. Overall, how do you like the results on your eyes?

Has anyone have any opinions on which hospital is better I have been looking at Banobagi and Cinderella I really like both but I’ve heard about Cinderella and shadow doctors but I live their facial work. Is Banobagi any good with facial surgery and dramatic change?

• 1 month later...
Thanks for sharing gossipgirl19,

May i ask, did you pay for consultation fees given that you've visited 4 different clinics?

Thank you :smile:

This was in Korea Times
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2016/12/488_209228.html
FTC to root out ghost surgery
Hospitals and clinics should provide patients or their families with detailed information on surgeons performing operations on them. They can switch to other doctors only when the patients or family members agree. These are part of the government measures to root out ghost surgery.

The fair trade commission (FTC) announced Tuesday that it revised the standard contract for surgery. Currently, only the name of the attending physician is included in the contract between the patient and the hospital. After the revision, however, the names of all physicians participating in the surgery as well as their specialties will be written in the contract. When doctors other than those in the contract are to do the operation instead, the hospital should explain to the patients or family why, such as the attending doctor being called away to an emergency or falling ill themselves. The hospitals should get prior written consent from the patient or family members before surgery.

"The new standard contract will effectively prevent ghost surgery by making clear the surgeon who is responsible," said Min Hye-young, an official in charge of contract reviews at the FTC.

The measure comes amid increasing concerns over ghost surgeons, especially in plastic surgery clinics. These hospitals attract patients by telling them that a renowned surgeon will do the job. After the patient is put under anesthesia, however, the so-called star plastic surgeon just leaves the operating room, leaving the work to be done by ghost doctors. These ghost doctors are often inexperienced in the field or haven't specialized in plastic surgery. Unqualified doctors wishing to build up experience in plastic surgery often take the work despite lower pay, while the star surgeons get incentives for only consulting with the patients without actually doing the surgery.

Consumers Korea, a local NGO, reported that ghost surgery is prevalent. It cited the case of a patient surnamed Park, who visited a plastic surgery clinic in Gangnam District, southern Seoul, which harbors numerous plastic surgery clinics. After consulting with the coordinator, she made an appointment to get jaw surgery from Kim, a renowned plastic surgeon who promised the best results. She got the operation five days later, but when she awoke from anesthesia, she had severe pain and couldn't open her mouth wide. After a few months, she found out that the procedure was done by a ghost surgeon. She still suffers from side effects.

The FTC said that it hopes to better protect patients' rights by making hospitals provide more detailed information. "By guaranteeing patients' right to know and choose their doctors, we expect the measure will improve fairness of contracts for medical services," Min said.

I think they're quite good. I went with a friend who had the v-line surgery and her results are good. As well, Banobagi was one of the surgeons for the Let Me In program and the before and after pictures are startling.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for your reply.

Before you visit the clinic, did you email them and send them your pictures for advice and give them notice on your arrival or you went straight up to their clinic?

Prior to my arrival, I emailed each clinic to set up the consult times so that I could get them all on the same day. The only information I gave them is what procedures I was interested in and my departure date.

• 8 months later...
Im planing to my surgeries at banobagi, and i want to hear more about your experience bacause im so scared to do this alone. And im planing to go through DocFinderKorea.. but you didnt and it turned out fine? who helped you with translations ? and transport ? :smile:

• 9 months later...
Hi, are you happy with the outcome for the eye lid ops ? If so, can I have the full contact details for the eye lid doctor ?

• 2 weeks later...