BeautyHacker

My research and ps experience for mini-vline/fat grafting

Since your posts have helped me so much in my decision to go through with this, I’ve decided to start a post on my experience so far researching Korean ps clinics and planned trip for Seoul 2 weeks from now. (! still can’t believe it’s happening already) I'll be there from Dec - Jan

Though I decided to put down my deposit at Regen, I am still consulting with 2 other clinics just to see how I feel.

Clinics I initially contacted: JW, EU, Grand, and Docfinder

Clinics I’m consulting with in Seoul: Regen, GNG, Banobagi

Clinics I might recommend, based on reading reviews on forum and Kakaotalk: The Face Dental, View, DAPRS, MVP

I decided against the initial clinics because:
JW- they took too long to respond, weren’t that welcoming, and were pricey
Grand- I read about the factory feel/botched jobs/shadow doctors
Docfinder- not a clinic, but I consulted with them and I did find their prices to be higher than contacting the clinic directly
EU- they're a small clinic and I just didn't find enough reviews

I decided to go with Regen mainly because I read blogger Bong Qiuqiu’s review, and her facial structure is similar to mine and her results came out so well. I’ve also come across at least 2 negative reviews of the clinic on this forum, and at least 4 positive ones, so I’m praying that statistics work in my favor. They were friendly and pretty responsive to my messages, and had a good price.

Additionally, I live in the bay area (U.S.) and found limited surgeons in my area who perform these procedures. I was able to consult with two doctors, one of whom was very professional but charged too much, and one whom accused me of having mental issues for wanting surgery. These experiences mostly turned me away from surgery in the US.

Here is my current bone structure: . My main concerns are that my chin is receeded and too short both from the front and the side, and that I have a dent in my forehead where my browline meets my forehead, because it is so sunken. My eyes are also sunken. That's why I'm looking to get sliding genioplasty (many Korean clinics call this mini-vline) and fat grafting.

If you have any thoughts, advice, or just want to talk, feel free to add me on Kakaotalk: koumanechi

Also, if you have any experience with Regen, genio, and/or fat graft, let me know on this thread!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mia1992 I'm consulting with GNG when I get there! I've heard positive reviews with them as well.

I’ve compiled a list of things I’ve found useful throughout my research.

What do I bring?
Things that I’m packing include:
-Arnica pills/cream to reduce swelling and bruising
-Essentials like cotton swabs, straws, chapstick
-Vitamin K to improve blood viscosity, Vitamin C to boost immune system
-Power adapters for plugging in to outlets
-Face masks (I ordered a pack of black medical ones from Amazon)

Where should I stay?
I booked an airbnb in Gangnam a few blocks away from the clinic, for around $40 USD/night.
Looking back, I would have looked more extensively into hotels, as there are plenty of decent hotels in Seoul for around $50-70, and I think a hotel would be much more comfortable and convenient.
Most clinics will recommend you nearby hotels to stay, and can offer a slight discount.

How do I pay?
If you are able to order KRW from your bank, this may be a good option. If you bring native currency, I’ve heard that the best currency exchange places are in Myeondong (Chinese embassy, Hana bank), and Itaewon. The USD/KRW exchange rate has been getting worse these past few months, which is a mistake I’ve made to wait..
Regen said that I could pay with USD, and offered a discount with cash instead of card.

How do I obtain a tax refund on my surgery cost?
I haven’t gotten to this step yet, but I’ve heard that the tax rebate is valid only through the end of 2017 as of now, unsure of plans to extend this deadline. Basically, you download a copy of the VAT refund form, save a copy of your surgery receipt, and present it at the airport customs area to obtain the refund.
https://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SHP/SH_ENG_1_1.jsp
Here are a few guides:
https://geekyauntie.com/2-easy-ways-claim-korea-tourist-tax-refund/http://www.passportchop.com/asia/south-korea/vat-refund-tax-free-global-blue-seoul/

Other tips
-Download Kakao maps to get around!
-Get a pocket wifi, or I’ve heard that a data card may be cheaper

Hey I am so happy to hear others talking about a mini V-line, although mines is to reduce the length and width of my chin! i am considering MVP and GNG as my top choices as they seem ethical and not crazy expensive. I especially like GNG but I'm not sure what their rates are :/

I landed in Seoul yesterday and went to the consultation with Regen. Our airbnb turned out to be much closer to the clinic than i thought, which is nice bc its also right next to View PS clinic so I kind of want to check them out. I was planning on going to Banobagi, as I've been in touch with the coordinator Han-Gil for several months and he was super nice, but the schedule was too tight and I couldnt make it.

At Regen, I got my blood tests and xrays done. The building and interior deco is a little old, but I dont have another clinic to compare it to yet. The english consultant Gina is super nice and I've always been able to reach her by Kakao/Wechat within a day. I met with Dr. Oh Myungjune, and he was very thorough and informative with his advice. He kept touching my face and recommended that I get a different method of mini vline than I originally wanted (just genioplasty), due to my muscle placement and the length of my bone. He showed me a lot of pictures of before and afters, as well as xrays, of similar patients, and I felt pretty confident in his skill.

Of course this meant the price I had in mind went up a lot bc of the method.. my boyfriend's local Korean aunt even came with us to bargain the price but they wouldn't budge because the surgery is with the head doctor. Also if anyone has any info on if tax rebate is possible after 2017, pls let me know ><

I'm planning on consulting with GNG in a few hours for a second opinion, but pretty much set on Regen. If I'm still happy w Regen I will be going in today for the surgery at 4PM!!! I'll keep you guys updated

Update: Day 3 after surgery

So I consulted with Dr. Choi at GNG, and he recommended that I get a more basic mini v-line that involved one less cut, however, he didn't touch my face like Dr. Oh did and didn't seem to be able to explain more in depth nor did he show me before/afters. After this consultation I made the decision to stick with Regen, and went for my surgery that afternoon.

Gina prepared me for the surgery and I waited about an hour before I was taken to the operation room. They injected me and inserted IV and I thought that hurt already :sad: and within 6-8 seconds I was knocked out. When I woke up, I was honestly in a lot of pain and my body temp was so low that I was shaking. They wheeled me to the recovery room and turned up the heat. I couldn't drink water for 4 hours, and that was honestly THE WORST part. My throat felt so dry and sandpapered and the pain/discomfort level was honestly at a 10/10 for me. After these 4 hours, it gradually got better, I was allowed to drink water and then go home because I couldn't stand the hospital.

That night, I couldn't talk at all and could barely swallow water, my throat was tight and hurt. It remains this way pretty much to this day. Night 1 and 2 consisted of me waking every 30 min to spit out blood/phelgm/spit, and during the day, I basically had to do the same constantly >< Still can't drink anything besides tiny spoons of water at a time.

The pain has mostly subsided by day 3, but I still feel very very sore and tight around the jaw. Swelling isn't too bad. I'm mostly really annoyed by my irritated/swollen throat and still inability to talk or swallow.

Update: Day 4 after surgery
So yesterday was New Years and I stayed in and pretty much napped/rested all day. Sucks not to be able to go out, or even eat :sad: Today one of the bandages going across my chin was coming off so I removed it, and my lips started getting a tingly needle sensation. Other than that, I'm able to open my mouth a bit more and I was able to cut up a soft pizza slice into small pieces and swallow it with water. It feels good to get some food down! I also was able to drink some sweet potato juice and strawberry shake.

Results so far are still hard to tell, I feel like my chin is too wide/long but hopefullyy its due to the swelling

Update: Day 6 after surgery

I'm feeling a lot better! Swelling is at a peak but my bruises have turned from brown/green to yellow. I was able to go out and shop around in Hongdae, walking and especially the cold weather helps with swelling. I'm able to open my jaw slightly more and lightly chew/swallow soft, cut up foods, also ice cream is great when recovering! I really like Korean cold noodles and have been cutting them up and swallowing them along with the soup. I also recommend wearing a v-line head band as much as possible during the day and night, to ensure that your soft tissues and skin adhere to your new jawline. I bought one from a local pharmacy near my clinic. Here is a pic of the swelling today:

Hi @Gats , he used a combination of the method on the far left and far right (v-method) in this pic: http://en.regenglobal.net/common/img/nfront/contents/operation/face/face02_method.jpg from what I understand a slice of horizontal bone was cut out, chin bone was reattached and slid forward, and then the jaw on both sides was trimmed very slightly. I don't have sagging so far but the whole area under my chin is still very swollen so I'm still waiting to see the final results. Also I ended up not getting fat grafting