BeautyHacker

My research and ps experience for mini-vline/fat grafting

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: Day 7 after surgery

Today I went to a 1-week post op consultation at the clinic, and Dr. Oh told me he was very happy with the results and the surgery turned out great. He showed me these scans of my afters (left) and befores (right). If you look at the white outline surrounding the bone, which is the soft tissue/skin, my mouth protrusion greatly decreased, and my chin projection was improved. He also was able to fix the slight asymmetry in my jaw and make it more even. I was surprised by how much bone was cut, but learned that its not about the amount of bone but really about the angle of your jaw, and how your muscle/tissue/skin forms around it. Right now there is still a lot of swelling, which you can also see as the excess soft tissue surrounding the bone. He said it should go down by the 2nd week. My chin bone was advanced about 4.5mm. I'm still pretty swollen, but am really excited to see the final results hopefully by the end of next week

Update: Day 9 after surgery

I think 80-90% of my swelling has gone down by today! I really like the results, though at the 3/4ths angle it does look a little too flat/masculine (compared to the roundness of my face before, which I kind of miss) but the doctor says the sharpness of my chin should go down even more as it deswells and looks more natural. This was actually a big concern of mine as it was healing over the past week. Here is a picture from this morning:

Some other notes:
-I have no nerve damage nor issues with making facial expressions, and everything seems to be fine thankfully. There is still a tiny bit of numbness under my bottom teeth where the incision is, but I'm getting my stitches out next week and hopefully this will return to normal.
-It was impossible to talk the 1st 2 days, then my voice was horrible the 1st week as my mouth was swollen and it sounded like there was food in my mouth. But my voice has 90% returned to normal by today.
-I noticed my sense of smell changed for the first 2 days after surgery (every smell was amplified and bothered me) but this went away by day 3ish
-I recommend switching cold and hot compresses, applying arnica gel, and taking arnica tablets to reduce swelling!

Overall, I'm extremely impressed with Dr. Oh's knowledge and expertise, and his techniques specifically prevent sagging, soft tissue and muscle placement/strain, and bone angles that some other doctors don't consider. I'm happy with my experience, and Jina and the rest of the staff were very nice, reassuring, and responsive to me throughout my whole journey.

Wow, you look so beautiful now. If you just compare side to side the before and after pics, you look incredible! It's amazing how powerful a chin surgery is. I couldn't imagine how it can make such a difference until I saw this journey you've detailed.

@Ashly117 Thank you so much! Your head augmentation surgery turned out so well, you look great :smile: Thanks for helping me through it all. The chin does make a huge difference for your face, and its the one thing I felt was so off balance for me, and getting it corrected kind of made me feel like my other features fit together more naturally.

Its day 10 and I read over my post and feel like I made it sound easier than it was, another thing wanted to mention is that it was so difficult to sleep for the first 4-5 days. I always had to wake up due to non-stop drooling, cough attacks, or just jaw soreness and discomfort. It took me until the end of the 1st week-ish to be able to sleep normally. Also, even as of today I still feel a bit of tightness/soreness/discomfort in my jaw at all times, and especially when eating. Here's another pic of the progress:

@MissOrange aw thank you! I've been reading your posts in the forums and you look incredible for your age. Yes, Bongqiuqiu's reviews of Regen are what initially led me to look into them. They quoted me 7.4m for mini v-line with Dr. Oh, and I was able to bargain it down to 7.25m or something like that. They also said it is the most expensive with Dr. Oh as he is the head surgeon, but it can be cheaper with different doctors.

Update: Day 21 after surgery

So it has been 3 weeks since my surgery and over the past week I felt that my chin was changing slightly every day, which should be normal because its still healing right? It makes me feel anxious because I can’t decide if I really like the results yet. I still don't like the 3/4ths angle of my face, my face definitely became bonier and more angular looking after the surgery? I can definitely notice that I can open my mouth wider than last week, though still not at 100%. Smiling with teeth is still a little awkward.

Here is a direct comparison of before (top) and after (bottom):

I’m starting to doubt that Dr. Oh needed to shave off so much bone, I wonder if I should have just stuck with the sliding genio. At some angles it looks like he cut off way too much. I wanted a longer face as well as more volume in the lower half of my face. However, he said he couldn’t make it actually longer, only appear to be longer. And I guess the volume issue couldn’t be addressed due to the limitations of my muscles. It’s important to keep in mind but hard to accept that surgery isn’t perfect, and there can only be so much improvement possible with your current facial structure.

@peri.winkle You easily look way better now. Look at those pics! It's crazy to think how someone can change so much like that. You still look you but way better. I think its a huge win for you.

That being said, I hope you also take this as a learning experience and realize how important it is to consult with as many doctors as you can in person. I even encourage you to over consult. This is your precious face and body we're talking about and it's honestly worth taking some extra days off of work to get the right surgeon for your needs. I recall you only consulted with 2 doctors and you were pretty much set on one of them even before landing to Korea to the point where you paid a deposit. You were biased. This was not the best approach imo.

And for the parts you don't like. I think you're being too hard on yourself :smile: Hopefully over time you'll realize even celebs aren't perfect. It's impossible to be perfect. But your imperfections lie within the acceptable deviations. So, you look great!

Now my turn lol. I want that sliding genio!

• 3 weeks later...
Update: Week 6

I can’t believe its been a month and 2 weeks already, but I've been getting more used to my face and it's definitely a lot more defined. The tightness around my chin has gotten a lot better, and I think the numbness is fully going away- when I poke my lower gum with my finger, I can definitely feel it. One other weird side effect is that when I sneezed really hard, it felt like I almost dislocated my cheekbone and my whole face was sore for a few days after.

• 3 weeks later...
Looks amazing!! swelling is almost gone already!! you will get better may be in few months :smile: when it starts sagging you can do lifting :smile: