BeautyHacker

ITEM OR GNG HOSPITAL?

Hello! I am considering to get rhinoplasty (and maybe double eyelid surgery) in Korea this summer, but can't decide between GNG or Item. I've reached out to both and I have to say this:

Item's person was very speedy in reply and was very nice, but when I brought up surgeries such as epicanthoplasty, didn't seem to be very knowledgeable and even asked me to confirm what the surgery was. They also replied with "you don't want double eyelid surgery???? why??? it's the best", when I brought up that I would rather avoid it if possible, which I thought was a little rude.

GNG's person took a VERY long time to reply, and when they did were very short and a little bit cold with their reply and didn't really answer any of the questions I sent them besides those that inquired about pricing, and even then they didn't answer all of those questions :/.

To be honest, both encounters put me off, but from what I've read from other forums, no one else seems to have encountered this. I like how GNG focuses not only on aestetic but functionality as well, but not only did their reply to my messages make me scared, but in many reviews I see of them, rarely are pictures provided, which make me suspicious that they may be fake :/ ITEM has good before and after pictures and they were also willing to negotiate prices with me when I asked, but there aren't many reviews of them.

Do any of you have reccomendations between the two? Or do you have any other clinics/hospitals you reccomend for rhinoplasty and double eyelid/epicanthoplasty??

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not so sure about cinderella or banobagi. they've been blacklisted for a while now on this forum for having botched results or inconsistent reviews. I've been in touch with gng recently too and their response is a lot slower than it was months before. not sure why, but could be because of their new promotion and it being peak season or whatever. item i'm not so hot about because i actually went there a few years ago and the workers were so stuck up.
i recommend actually going in for a consultation and consulting with the doctors then deciding. i think its not so fair to judge your decision based on the operator behind the computer imo

• 1 month later...
I highly recommend ITEM Clinic for eye surgery (and nose surgery). I got epi/lateral/ptosis correction last February and could not be happier. My eyes looks super big and pretty! My eyelids are still slightly swollen but even still, I am beyond happy with the results. I went with Dr. Kim, who measured my eyes, made recommendations for the amount of length he would "open" up my eyes. This has been such a life-changing experience. I would love to share pics but would rather not share on the website. Just a note that, my surgery has transformed me in my confidence on all levels. While I was pretty before, I feel like the surgery has given me the "Korean superstar" look I have always dreamt of. It seems like the surgeries have been somewhat of a different experience for many, but by and large, I think you can't go wrong with this small, boutique clinic. I can't really speak for the other clinics; I'm sure they deliver good results here and there. I also consulted with Grand and was impressed by their clinic, but couldn't help but be drawn to the before/after pics at ITEM.

Ultimately, ITEM is able to tailor the look to what you want, as long as you come with specifics, pictures, etc. I personally loved ITEMs results, felt the looks were a bit more closer to what I wanted to achieve (flawless yet natural at the same time). Dr. Kim was a little brusque and busy, but he was honest, advised against unnecessary procedures that would "hurt" my current condition, which he deemed "good" as-is. The clientele that comes through ITEM is often locals (less foreigners) and the two floors seem busy and packed, which is probably a great sign. Feel free to DM me if you want more details.

I looked into Item a long time ago and I'm not really interested but GNG... heard there's a new consultant and she's a bit cold compared to the others? Because most of us consulted with GNG a bit earlier haha. I've personally seen photos from most, if not all reviews from GNG on the forum and on other places as well but you're going to have to message them privately (this goes for any clinic review!) I recommend just talking to consultants more and not being "scared" that you might be bothering them; I talked to my consultant for 3 straight months asking questions so don't feel nervous ^^ Usually you can kind of tell what reviews are fake so I wouldn't worry too much.
Many of us are planning to consult with GNG (I'm actually deposited with them for April) so you'll probably be seeing many more reviews from Item and GNG soon! Just do your due diligence and contact all the reviewers you see! It's more so about the surgeons than the clinic so keep that in mind ^^

Oh dear.

I had Gng on my shortlist - reading your post is scaring me now ! May I ask which clinics you would recommend ?

Hi Miss Orange,

I am seriously grateful that you took the time out to respond. Plastic surgery is not something to be taken lightly, and I truly appreciate you helping me with this vital information. If you have the time, I would like to talk a bit more in depth about this ... Please do message me if you can :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
Oh my god! Thank you for sharing your experience. But also I would just like to ask about where and when you heard that Dr Song left? In my contact with GNG a few months ago they labeled him as one of the possible doctors I could see and he was on the top of my list as from what Ive heard from other reviewers he is their best surgeon

That would be Dr. Seong, the founder, director, and head surgeon of GNG. Dr Son is the one who left (there is no Dr. Song ^^)

• 2 weeks later...
The only reason im comparing is because I have not seen one before and after pic of GNG surgery besides whats on their blog snd website, and all reviews outside of that are just written, which makes me nervous that they may be faked. Also the fact that they seem slow in correspondence. Why would you say GNG is better??

After I read about what you said about Mia1992 case I confronted them and this is what Gng reply back. If this is true then I don’t think there is a problem I would love to talk to mia1992 to see how she is now.

That's true.