BeautyHacker

Heading to Korea for Double Eyelid Surgery, advice needed

Hi all,

I have been researching and following for a while now regarding non incisional double eyelid surgery. I am a 30 year old male from Europe and I have been thinking about doing it for so long that I finally decided to go next month.

After reading all the comments and threads, I feel most comfortable at the moment with Dream and MVP. However, at first I just wanted to go for the non incisional DES but suddenly the consultant from Dream is trying to push DES, EPI and Ptosis correction and I might not be happy with the results if I only go for the DES, according to her.

What do you think? I have posted some pictures from their website, where patients only had the DES non incisional without the other two. Do you think I NEED it?

upload_2018-2-13_4-5-55.png This is me.

and these are the references that I used to compare:

upload_2018-2-13_4-6-49.png

upload_2018-2-13_4-7-14.png

Any other clinics or hospitals that are recommended for a natural look?

Br

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! I got rhinoplasty at Dream last year, and I am personally happy with the result! My friend got her eyes done there as well, epicanthoplasty and double eyelid non incisional without Ptsosis. May I ask, if you consulted with only the consultant or the doctor as well? If the consultant was the one who recommended you all three procedures, I recommend you not listen to her for her job is to bring as much income to the clinic as possible.
This is my opinion: I honestly don't think you need double eye lid surgery at all. I think men look much better with monolids than hooded eyelids. However this is your face and if double eye lid surgery is what you want, then you should go for it. As for the procedures, I think you would be fine with just doing DES. Epi wouldn't be all that bad either since you do have mongolian fold, but it's not all that bad. Epi will just open up the inner part of your eyes and make it look a little wider and give you a "fresher" look. As for ptosis I say you DON'T get it. You do not need ptosis whatsoever in my opinion. Ptosis is only for if you have "sleepy" looking eyes which I don't think is the case. To sum it all up, Yes DES, Epi only if you want, No Ptosis. Either ways don't make a decision until you consult with the doctors himself or herself. Consultants are no good.

Thank you, for your reply! I appreciate it.

Yes, I only had a talk via Whatsapp with the Dream consultant. I have scheduled consultations with MVP, Dream and Regen in March.

I received the e-mail confirmation from dream but it is a g-mail address. I would have thought that they would send it via their own website e-mail. Maybe this is for the foreigners?

Anyway, thanks for the tips, I am pretty excited and looking forward to the trip!

Ahhh i see. That explains it! Yeah don't take any of that to heart until you meet the doctor yourself. They'll be upright and front with you about what you do need and what you don't need! Also yes there are two locations. The location you're going to is the main branch which is the larger one (:

Dr. Park from Dream and Dr. Seo from MVP. I am looking for an additional consult, Teuimps for example but they emphasize and glorify combining EPI with DES so much, I think they will definitely say yes do both.

Every doctor will have a different style. While it is actually true that doing des without epi will usually lead to tension in the crease later on, this doesn't mean everyone does it. Dr. Kwon for example, will push epi but his epi results can be very natural so even those who don't have a very deep mongolian fold may opt to do it. Other surgeons may not care as much! Make sure to consult with multiple clinics and if it's not on kakao, do clarify who it is that's speaking to you( this may not ALWAYS be necessary. Sometimes based on the specific info they provide it's pretty clear they're from the clinic lol.) They're usually very open about being from allaboutmei or something, you just want to ask because they're not directly affiliated with the clinic. This isn't necessarily a bad thing but it's just..a thing haha.
You would "benefit" from ptosis and epi in that you'd have brighter, clearer eyes which Korean clinics tend to favor. however, based on visual observation alone you can get by without it. I think your current eyes are very charismatic but I'd recommend consulting with several clinics and surgeons (especially irl because determining the presence of ptosis is not always accurate on camera) and collecting their responses. Good luck!!

Thank you! Does that mean that doing just DES without EPI could cause the fold to loosen earlier?

EPI is not completely off the table but only if it is necessary or aids in minimizing the chance of fold failure.

I want a subtle natural crease preferably more medium than low but not too high, no big doll eyes.

The first prices that I received are 1.8 million KRW for DES and 1.3 for Epi (dream) and 1.3 million KRW for DES and 650.000 epi (mvp) and lastly 1.5 million DES and 1.4 million Epi (Teuimps)

After reading these doctor opinions below, I would rather keep the inner corners as it is as I am actually happy with how they look.

https://www.realself.com/question/los-angeles-ca-medial-epicanthoplasty-my-double-eyelid-surgery#

Does anyone know if chances of the crease unfolding will go significantly higher without doing Epi?

If your mongolian fold is a bit more prominent then it means it's not going to look as cohesive as it could, and subsequently (if you're doing non incisional) it could unravel earlier due to tension against the fold. After epi, I still look like I have a bit of a fold (some clinics will recommend epi to me not knowing I already got it done lol.) This was an aesthetic decision I went over with the doctor, as I didn't want a very dramatic epicanthoplasty, so it's really up to you! Make sure to take the time to find someone skilled in epi because if not done correctly, it can throw off proportional balance and make you more prone to scarring ^.^ It will make your eyes appear closer together and thus, brighter–if opening up your inner corners would have been detrimental to your overall look then it would be very obvious ^^ Normally the difference is negligible if the epi is done well/in a subtle manner. If multiple surgeons recommend it then it's probably something to think about. best of luck to you!

By the way, this doesn't mean epi is always necessary. Not even Dr. Kwon (lmao) will recommend it 100% of the time ^^ Face to face consults will be best and if you can, try to bargain a tiny bit with the price lol.

Thank you, for your reply! I will definitely bargain because these are probably the prices for foreigners but I wasn’t born yesterday. I am just wondering how inflated the prices are. 20% 30%? More?

I am just thinking if a parallel crease is also possible, which I prefer or if the crease doesn’t necessarily needs to start at the bottom (inner corner), maybe the reason for Epi and the risk of unfolding would be less?

Probably all questions that I need to ask the doctor :smile: but this forum seems to be pretty knowledgeable.

On a side note, when I frown and look angry the creases pop into a double eyelid temporarily, I just want them to stay haha.

But I like the look my right eye, left on the picture so I am aiming for something like that.