BeautyHacker

MVP PLASTIC SURGERY - Double eyelid revision + canthoplasty + ptosis correction

I would like to start off my review of MVP by saying I was not paid in any way to write this review or have benefitted monetarily. I’m writing this review based on honest experiences.

my lids started to become “loose”, giving me a more old and sunken look. I realized that maybe because it became loose, I had a slew of problems associated with it, as double eyelid glue and makeup seemed to help a lot. It wasn’t until I went to a friend’s wedding last year that I realized that my eyes really needed a makeover. So in October and November 2017, I started emailing about 10 plastic surgery clinics in Seoul to see what they could do for me. Long story short, most places were reluctant to answer my questions, And some were pushing a lot of procedures on me which made me feel not very comfortable. Some places refused to quote me and some were giving me very tourist prices. I’m talking 8million KRW to 15 million KRW for a revision alone..

I read some reviews on purseforum , and decided to email MVP. I was interested in getting my eye surgery done by Dr.Seo as I was extremely impressed by his portfolio of patients. My consultant was Elizabeth. She was extremely nice and answered all my questions and concerns and gave me hotel recommendations. After our chat and waiting for a couple more replies from a few more clinics, MVP was my top choice. Obviously, I didn’t want to put all my eggs in one basket so I had set up consultations with 2 other clinics. I arrived in Korea on January 30th and had my consultation with MVP.

The clinic seemed really busy which was a good thing, but it didn’t feel like a factory. I was greeted by Elizabeth who was extremely pleasant and so easy to chat with. I felt like she was a sister or a close friend, she was so bondable and she understood all of my concerns and was able to convey it to Dr.Seo. When I met Dr.Seo he outlined how high my crease can be and noticed the asymmetry in my lids immediately. I also wanted brighter eyes so ptosis correction was doable as well. I also told him I would like longer eyes and for him to lower my slant which he said he will lengthen it 3mm on each eye. I was confident by the end of the meeting I wanted to go with Dr.Seo. I went ahead and made my payment and they booked me in for surgery the next day.

I was pretty excited the next day, I came in and washed my face, changed into my robe, put my stuff away In the locker and upstairs in the operating room I went. I was strapped down, and they injected me in both arms and before I knew it, dr.seo was telling me to open and close my eyes. And I fell asleep again. I woke up with my fiancée by my side, Elizabeth helped me and never left my side once. She gave me medication, pumpkin juice and an extra pumpkin porridge before leaving. I felt zero pain during and after surgery. The next morning I woke up, I went to get my sutures cleaned and ventured out for the day with sunglasses on. Five days later I got my stitches for my double eyelids removed and after that, 2 days later I got the canthoplasty stitches removed.

One thing I must say is that dr. seo did an amazing job on me. His stitch work was so meticulous and detailed. He listened to what I wanted and the whole plastic surgery journey was just so easy and painless. I was imagining it being much more painful but it wasn’t! Elizabeth followed up endlessly on my condition, she was amazing. The nurses were kind and extremely careful. I’m 3 weeks post op now and my eyes look so beautiful already, they look bright and youthful. And the canthoplasty looks like it’s healing up very well. I can see such a big difference.

Before leaving, Elizabeth got my flight number and time and booked airport taxi service for us which made me feel even more special. We were not expecting that at all. I Constantly felt like I was the only client they had there because they were so accommodating. She constantly recommended things I should do in Seoul during my stay and even looked up a pumpkin porridge restaurant near my hotel for me! They really do make you feel like a true MVP. Overall, I cannot wait to see my eyes fully recovered in months to come, but I am already in love with the results. I’m so happy with my results.

Thank you MVP.

Procedures I had done:

Double eyelid revision
Ptosis correction
Lateral canthoplasty
Lower canthoplasty

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.I am going to my eyelid revision too.I am glad to hear that your experience was good
How much did you pay?

Hi, I got a really really good price! Actually, probably the most price competitive out of all the clinics I emailed. If you have a personal email/line account/ WeChat I can personally tell you the price I paid!

Also, if you are emailing them for consultation, ask to talk to Elizabeth, and say Nina referred you. She will give you a referral price :smile:

Hi, what made you choose lateral+lower canthoplasty instead of epi? I assume your goal was big eyes :smile:

I’m aiming towards the procedures you chosen. Epicanthoplasty seems unnecessary as my eyes are close enough, and my Mongolian fold is not thick enough. I didn’t see the “lower catho” option on the MVP website, only saw the “lateral catho” on the website. Did you have to request for it, or did Dr Seo recommend it?

Hi,
I was going to do epi too but Dr. Seo told me it wasn’t necessary as my inner corners are pretty visible naturally.

I told him and Elizabeth what I wanted and what I was interested in getting done with photos and dr. Seo told me how much higher he could make my new crease, along with what ptosis correction will do for me. They will bring you in a room And take high def photos of your current eyes and upload them on the computer to show you what you need. I initially requested for lateral and lower canthoplasty and dr. Seo agreed. So I proceeded with his recommendations.

I also initially asked for a higher crease but he increased it by 1mm as if he did anymore it wouldn’t look natural as my brows are too close to my eyes. I’m glad he told me or else I would have regretted it. I know my swelling hasn’t gone down 100% but the ptosis correction really opens up your eyes. I notice a huge difference from before where my eyes only opened and revealed 50% of my pupil.

Hope that helps :smile:

Wow fantastic, thanks!! Good to know Dr Seo does actually take the time to go through the procedures. Do you mind telling, your crease was increased by 1mm? So what is the original/new height?

With your lateral and lower canthoplasty, how many “mm” did he increase it by? I heard 3mm is the max.

Is 8 days enough to recover and return to work? I’m imagining I would have to put on so much eye makeup to cover the swelling. Thanks dear :smile:

Hi,

I’m not really sure how many mm in total for my crease height but he said I can only increase it by an additional 1mm max so the results still look natural on my face.

Yes, he increased my length for lateral canthoplasty by 3mm and lowered my slant on both eyes.

Realistically, 8 days is enough for incisional DES but not enough for canthoplasty. Something I’ve learned first hand from this experience because I noticed ppl don’t really document their recovery for canthoplasty specifically, is that I had a lot of plasma come out constantly for the first week. No pain or blood at all though. my eyes were really dry and plasma filled my eyes constantly, and you will need to apply ointment 3 times a day.

I still went out everyday in Seoul with sunglasses on for 7 hours but just bring tissues and the ointment with you. I am a little over 3 weeks post op right now but canthoplasty is still healing. I would give it another week to be confident to wear makeup .

Hi,

Any hotel in Gangnam should do. I took a taxi back and forth every time I visited the clinic which costed me about 5$ and 10 minutes away. If you are looking to walk, there was a hotel recommended to me across the street called sunshine hotel. The only reason why I didn’t book there was because I had already booked another hotel before deciding exactly where I wanted to get my surgery done.

Hi, I just created a WeChat account. I would love to know the prices if I may...

Can see you picture

• 4 weeks later...