BeautyHacker

Ways to loosen Incision double eyelid surgery

Hi everyone, this is an odd question but bare with me. I did my double eyelid surgery through cutting method 3 months ago. Doctor said he didn't take out fat/skin and did ptosis correction. I do not like it at all. Some might say it looks okay, but he completely changed my eyes and i look so much older. It's the combo of both surgeries, but i feel like it's mostly because of the ptosis correction. I never knew how much the eyes can change your whole face. I have deep empathy for the ones who are discontent with their surgery.

Even though i am early in the healing phase, i deeply regret having my eyes altered. I am on a quest to loosen the fold and the ptosis but i cannot go through another surgery again. Due to expenses and mostly the emotional toll and healing phase. I understand this method is "permanent" and i cannot go back to my monolids, BUT there are chances the fold can loosen overtime. I want to know if anybody has experience with the fold lowering ALOT or unfolding throughout time. What are my options to "loosen" or unfolding them?

Hi! By cutting method do you mean incisional? Sorry I haven't heard it referred to that before, but I think loosening of the fold with incisional is due to weak muscles in the eyelids, not as much as what the person does. On the other hand, suture methods do loosen more from daily life and all the things we do without thinking though. My aunt did suture method and hers loosened eventually because she blinked a lot the doctor said. I think your best options if you had incisional would be filler if you want to avoid the invasive surgery. If the ptosis was done non-incisional you could get the sutures removed but it's better sooner than later due to formation of scar and adhesion of skin and muscle, but that's requiring surgery so you may want to avoid anyways. So sorry to hear about what happened, I hope for the best for you :sad:

Hi tomie, thanks for your reply. Yes, i meant cutting as incisional. I had incisional ptosis correction and permanent stitches. I am at 3 months and I'm not sure when i can get them removed or if it would make a difference. I read a few stories about how some peoples fold unfolded over time and lowered more than what they initially wanted. I was hoping some people would have some stories on that, but thank you again for your kind regards :smile:

Perm stitches? So you didn't have stitches removed or are they dissolvable? I read many ocuplastic surgeons mentioning to remove stitches within 3-5 days max.

Or the healing / scarring makes the fold adhesions too tight. As for loosening the adhesion tightness that may be due to internal scarring at 3 month mark, you can ask your surgeon about 5-fu injections. This doesn't have the side effects compared to kenalog injections which may lead to atrophy of lids. You can also apply kenacourt cream sparingly which loosens the scar but ask ur derm / surgeon about this.

Realself has alot of info from doctors and this is a Article from American Academy of Ophthalmology.
https://www.aao.org/eyenet/article/reduce-scarring-with-5-fu

Hi jamie82, Yeah, perm stitches are in my eye lids. I was told i had internal stitches. I am not sure if it is dissolvable but i did have external stitches removed at day 6. I haven't heard of 5-fu injections. I will do some research, thank you!

ah, the inner stitches are normal. The inner stitches are used to create the adhesion to the tarsal plate to form the eyelid fold. Sometimes scar tissues form there and may give the lid a higher look than intended. So resolving those scar tissues would allow it to settle lower. Gotta ask your doc lol.

You think the 5-fu injections will help with lowering the lid and lowering ptosis? I asked my doc many times but he just keep on telling me it's the healing phase and within 6 month to a year it will resolve on it's own. I don't like how ptosis correction changes the shape and width of my eyes. Also asked other consultants but they aren't as helpful.

If you read the article posted by Jamie82, it says in part
“The best use of 5-FU is within weeks or months of the surgery or injury,” said Dr. Blaydon, “ideally within about a week or two.”

Never too early. Some patients benefit from even earlier attention. “I had a patient today who had previous cosmetic surgery elsewhere and retraction of the lower eyelid,” said Dr. Amato. “I already know that she’s had problems with scarring in the past.” For patients such as this woman, a prophylactic approach to fibroblast production in the early postop period on a previously operated site may be beneficial, Dr. Amato said.

Never too late. And it’s often never too late, even for long-lasting scars, given their ability to continually remodel, said Dr. Douglas. “The scarring process is supposedly resolved in a year or two, but I’ve injected 5-FU after many years and it has provided some benefit.” Dr. Amato also recalled a patient with a three-year-old forehead scar, which achieved a 50 percent improvement following 5-FU injections.

Yeah, I just read that and did a bit of research. Thanks

Yeah, I know I am still early. I'm just having anxiety because my eyes looks really scary

Cutting method 3 months is tooooooo early to judge! I did eye surgery 2 years ago with incisional method and post-op 6m/1y/2y was all different. In my case it took almost a year and half to look natural

Yes, I know I'm very early early. I'm worried because my doctor did 7mm for my height and I feel like it's a high crease for me. When did you notice when your eyes significantly changed?

Forgot to note: I know it took 1 and a half year for it to look nautral but when did you notice the shape was changing? Thanks