BeautyHacker

Breast Augmentation experience at Dr Park Jinseok Asthetic Clinic in South Korea

I just wanted to share my experience at Dr Parks surgery in case it may help anyone.

Background
I wasn't really happy with My breasts, having lost a bit of weight I wanted to get breast implants. The best place to do it was in South Korea and I set the task of going there to visit clinics and get a consultation. After visiting several clinics including all the big names ( I avoided any of the names that had deaths associated with them) I found it all to be a quite a cold experience where there was a language barrier and I felt like a number with so much upselling (one clinic told me they HAD to remove all the back fat and added on $$$$). I found Dr Parks surgery on purseforum and the day before I flew out, he was able to fit me in for a consultation. I knew from that very moment that he was the right surgeon for me.

My experience
It has been 8 months since my surgery with Dr Park and I couldn't be happier. I will need to add here that Dr Park does not advertise as viciously or widely as other places which is why it's hard to find many reviews on him. What I will say is at the end of the day I needed someone knowledgeable that would be able to handle any situation if it were to come about. Dr Park took me through a thorough consultation and advised me that I didn't need breast implants as well. I wasn't sure about this ( size, firm enough?) but 8 months on, and I realise he was right :smile:

It was great that he spoke good English and he doesn't dance over the contraindications. I will also point out that it was important to me to know what the worst could happen in my situation, and his clinic is fully registered, without any tragedies. One search for big names in the industry comes up with tragedies so that was another important factor for me to consider. His clinic is not as big as other places and caters for day surgery / overnight stays however this means that the cost of the operation includes all medical expenses which is very important to take into account. He charges the same rate for foreigners as locals so you know that he is working because he's passionate about his field of expertise. Just one look at his clinic, and you can see how knowledgeable he is. I did a lot of research on him before settling ( including his medical studies and journals) and I haven't looked back.

He took care of me from the start until after I left the country, and ensured that I had enough supplies in case anything happened ( support bras, painkillers, creams, mepiform). He's very communicative and is always on hand if you need for any questions. This was an important part of the process as I was able to ask him any questions I wanted, from the time that I had my first consultation to the time that I had my surgery and after.

I opted to stay in the clinic over night and was able to go back and forth from a nearby hotel (Sunshine Hotel). I found this easier as I had the comfort and freedom. As mentioned, his surgery is more of a day surgery but the option is there for overnight stays. My total length of time in korea was approx 18 days and I found after care easy with Dr Park on hand whenever I needed.

The hospitality, and generosity that I experience from Dr Park and his team has been far beyond anything that I have experience in my whole life. I'm very grateful to have been in great hands.

That was my experience :smile: if anyone has any questions at all I'm more than happy to help. I will be in Korea again in a months time (April) and will check in with Dr Park to say hi :smile:

If you didn’t get breast implant, what did you get done? I have also lost quite bit of weight which deflated my breast. Looking straight forward, I don’t mine the look of my breasts but from the sides, it’s different story.

Actually, quite an accurate review. But I think one part about I must point out about him *that may or may not* put off certain people. Dr. Park is unabashedly christian and since I'm christian I don't mind. You'd notice a lot of hymn books, tracts and bibles in his clinic and christian songs playing. Sometimes it does feel ... overbearing.

We also had like a "prayer circle" where he led prayer before I went under. I was actually bemused since this is a first ever for me visiting any doctor. Then he and his wife (she also often makes lunch if you happen to be there for drips), invited me to church on Sunday with his family and offered to pick me up...which I turned down.

He's really one of a kind in personality and clinic atmosphere - either really good or bad. And I don't think everyone would like him considering the above. Just thought it was important to share. Skill wise though he is great. :smile:

Yes I heard smokococo had the same experience with his wife and Sunday church! I think it's great. I'm not a christian but I love how passionate he is about incorporating his faith to his work.

I agree. We (my partner and I) joined him for dinner twice after the surgery and he explained his experiences with God. We were unavailable to join him in Church on Sunday and he was okay with this.
I'm not Christian as well but if it helps his work and doesn't hurt me then It's okay. :smile:

I guess it was a little far from my mind but as you write it, Yes he does incorporate a lot of his faith in his work :smile: I'm not religious so it didn't bother me nor did I feel pressured.
There were times I stayed there for a day or two and never felt like I had to join in at all.
It's weird to say this but i think his faith helped him my surgery, being under such a strict time frame to leave, everything worked out in the end!

• 6 months later...
Hi Rlkjt,
Thanks for sharing your experience! I’ve contacted Dr. Park because of your review. I am wondering if you can help answer some things for me -
Can you tell me what implants did you use? Are you able to post up pics? How was his post-op care? Any scar management therapy? And how much did he charge you?

**if anyone else want to answer, please do!! I appreciate any help :smile:

Thanks in advance! ❤️

• 4 months later...
Hi may I know which implants you went for and how does it feel now? I’ve been thinking of doing it for the longest time but I’m always afraid of the pain. Is it very hard to manage right after surgery?

I consulted with him too and he was really nice, his lobby was full of locals too. I didn't end up choosing him for my surgery but I got to meet one of his patients coincidentally (he asked me if I wanted to see his work and she was getting a checkup and ok with it) and her BA looked really good.

have you already decided with implants you'll go with?

• 2 weeks later...