BeautyHacker

Please help-going to Korea alone from US for nose job and chin reduction

It was the worst. I did go to one of the top new york city doctors-he's known for it. And saved up for four years. The only rhino doctor in the US I like is Dr.G in Glendale, California. But his best results are, like, the average results for Iran or Turkey.
That said, if you advise against it, I won't go to Iran but Turkey seems to have amazing results. I'm on instagram now.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have heard rave reviews about Dr. G but now i'm not hearing good things about him, don't know why? what happened all of a sudden? why his reputation as a top rhino doc is going down day by day? And, yes Turkey rhino docs are good plus turkey is cheap as well.

From my own personal experience (3 years just here on PF), I would look for someone that you want to look like. Then find out what you need to look more like that. I attempted to do it the way you are right now and it didn't work. Please also remember that different cultures have different ideas of beauty. Find someone you think is beautiful that you have the same basic facial structure as. I resemble the woman in my avatar (we're both biracial), but just need to tweak my nose and eyes to achieve her total look. I have a natural v line and full lips already.

Most other surgeons only do parts of the face, not the face as a whole. Korean surgeons do and that lends to a better result.

Thank you. A couple of people have told me, on my best possible days, I look a little like Liv Tyler. On my worst days, I get Sarah Jessica Parker but I def what the former. I do want a nose like hers but that isn't common in the states (my first surgeon failed completely despite being the "best" in New York City). Part of the appeal of Korea is that the results are so holisitc when done right and for a better price. I don't see the point in working two jobs and spending so much money on a tiny change to one feature because it won't be worth it. That being so, you are completely right. I need a couple of tweaks but i need to be careful about it, especially in a country that might not be known for caucasian rhinoplasty.

I'm not sure why either-I read more bad reviews on RealSelf. In general, compared to every other US surgeon (Pearlman, Baker, Jaccono, Edelman, Dr.Miami, Shah), he is the only one to seem to consistently get those feminine doll noses women want. However, I think some people have had issues with recovery and because he only does closed, the results aren't as extreme as they have hoped. That said, if I have to be stuck within the US for a rhinoplasty (my worst nightmare), I'd want to go to him. I simply don't trust anyone else (after researching revisions for 6 years).

Check out Banobagi. My friend and I went there in November 2017. My experience is posted here. They have Russian translators to service their Russian clients. Although you're not Russian, this could be an indicator for you that they're comfortable working on non-Asian features. Good luck!

A doctor at the top of their game know how to do more than just what they are used to. They should also constantly be learning new techniques. Many doctors in Korea know Caucasian noses as well Asian. When are you going to Seoul again?

The measurements of your top lip to your lower should be 1 to 1.6. I believe some filer in your top lip would bring you closer to your ideal without making your bottom lip fuller and give you a nice Cupid's Bow. You can also see if you like it before doing anything permanent.

Your nose is perfect from the outside. But everyone says that about mine and the inside is a mess. So if you need internal work, Seoul is the place to go.

I would suggest some fat grafting as well.

You're gorgeous, by the way. All of this is just gilding the lily.

Thank you so much-I'm consulting with them now. :smile:

Awwwww thank you so so much.

I never mind suggestions for improvement. When it comes from people who have done this, it means a lot more than when it comes from plastic surgeons, who only want your money, you know? I agree about the lip, as well as the filler.

I recently had undereye filler and it made my eyes look a bit too small, which has been upsetting. However, it's not permanent so I'm not that worried about it. As for fat grafting, Korea seems to be the place to go for it.

Nose and cheeks are what I'm most afraid about since they seem to go the most wrong.

Wow sorry, but to me your pic looks like the "after" many people are going for. I wouldn't touch your face. Maybe play with cosmetics if you want a change like @MissOrange mentioned! Further, you don't have a square jaw!--it looks perfect, as does your nose imo and your lips please they're my dream lips lol. Remember that there is always the chance with plastic surgery of looking worse. "The enemy of good is better." Please, you are already a very beautiful young woman--gorgeous in fact!

You have been a complete god send-the last photo I love the most and I completely agree with what you said about the philtrum.

In general, I have a very tired looking face, which is mainly because it is a bit long. The original photo I posted I was not wearing makeup, but I was also trying to hide my forehead, which is a little too high, with a sparse hairline.

Seriously, though, if I got one third of the results in that photo, I'd never touch myself for life. You seem to have been able to successfully navigate all of these sorts of things, which is really inspiring. I have friends who have tried to do it and it's gone (badly) wrong, which has really scared me.

Anyway, if there is anything else you think might help me, please let me know! I was thinking about going to Korea for a month and seeing what to do but it sounds like, for nose, England or Turkey might be best.

Thank you! You are very kind-I do get compliments on my lips but I think they are a tad too full, especially when I bit them.

Yes-that's my main fear. I know someone who was botched in Iran as well as someone who got nerve damage from buccal (which is a pretty small procedure) and of course, multiple bad nose jobs (I grew up in New York, so it's par for course).

Anyway, you are very sweet :smile: