BeautyHacker

Genioplasty Experience at The Face Dental 2018

At Banobagi I met with Dr. Oh. He was very detailed in the consultation and used the CT scan and touched my face quite a bit, explained the procedures in detail and answered my questions well. The price was too high for me though so I didn't really consider them. GNG was one I was initially looking to, but I didn't get a good feeling from the consultation experience. Doctor Choi was honest but kind of impatient with questions and consultants even more so, their body language was painfully obvious. It felt like my concerns weren't being taken seriously and the consultants were trying to push more procedures on me that I didn't want or need. The price was also very high. TL had reasonable pricing but the consultation as really rushed, I think I saw the doctor for about 5-10 minutes? He downplayed the risks a lot, basically said 0% chance of risk from bone surgery (which obviously isn't the case...). I was also kind of annoyed because they didn't deliver on multiple prior arrangements we made through email.

In the end, I can't recommend where to have surgery as I didn't opt for any of those clinics, but hopefully this will help for your consults. Just be sure of what you need and want because consultants will definitely try to make you want to do more. Sometimes, with my limited Korean, I can hear the doctor commenting that my consultation area is not bad, or that they don't really need to be fixed, but it would be translated and presented to me in a way that seemed like I would be much better off getting surgery for those areas.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, i'm fed up with these consultant ladies, they are so cunning with ulterior motives. They think of themselves as clinic directors, they think that they can shout on anyone and belittle anyone. Unfortunately, they are one of the major reason to make or break a clinic.

Btw, after seeing your results i'm also now interested in tfd but don't know whether Dr. Lee would be as precise as Dr. Yoon. You know there are some doctors who quickly understand your aesthetic sense and you instantly feel like "This is the one" and you quickly schedule your surgery with them, i wish Dr. Lee is one such doctor. There's also Zeah dental clinic but now people don't talk about it anymore on this forum.

It wouldn't hurt to have a consultation with Dr. Lee and see? It's hard to get a sense online. I think Dr. Lee is very skilled and so far the aesthetic results are ideal for me too. He also takes the time to understand what you want exactly and explain what he will do and how or if he can achieve your desired results, which is important to establishing a common aesthetic goal.

Dr Lee made the decision to very slightly shorten it with the goal of balancing the face based on my other proportions. Of course when advancing the chin it will appear longer than previously if no vertical reduction is done. No Vline :smile: I made it clear I just wanted to get rid of the implant and have my own bone back as well as a natural appearance, I wasn't looking for a dramatic change

Thanks for the prompt reply. Your result looks great btw. Would you mind talking about what you liked/didn't like with your consults with View and Bano? I'm interested in these two...especially View.

Thank you :smile: I'm hoping the residual swelling goes down soon haha. I actually liked my consult with View! It was probably the only other clinic I was considering after all my consultations. The doctor was detailed, patient, and the price was reasonable. I liked their proposed surgical method as well and they didn't push for any additional procedures. I didn't end up choosing View because again, probably because they are a big hospital, it was really hard to get any answers or response after leaving the consultation room (never got back to me). I just felt more comfortable with Dr. Lee. My main issue with Banobagi was the price, honestly. Otherwise the consultation wasn't bad, but they did recommend additional osteotomies (jaw angle reduction) for a better result, and I didn't want that.

@hanberry, yeah Bano recommended additional cuts even though I explicitly told them no. The consultants were a pain to deal with. Also Dr Oh would be on vacay during my visiting time. So I'm not going to them.

Who was the View doctor you consulted with?

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with us! You cannot imagine how helpful this was to me. I have the same situation and already contacted view but I have some particular questions on this surgery, removing the old implant and adding a new implant or reshaping the chin. Can I PM you?

Sure, I'll try my best to help out :smile:

It was Dr. Lee Dong Chan! I'm told he's the main doctor for fc there

• 2 weeks later...
12CD78AA-0CE1-4CBE-B647-649B1FC7A5C9.jpeg
F69E80C8-5DAA-40A1-B5EE-49E7222D938E.jpeg

i’m just past 1 month now and swelling has gone down considerably! results definitely look much more natural than before with the implant. my chin and lip aren’t numb anymore but definitely the sensation is still impaired (which Dr Lee told me i would feel during this time). It’s just hard to be patient with this residual swelling and numbness when the majority of the result is already clear haha

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Hello I'm new to this forum. Is there a reason people don't talk about zeah anymore? I looked at their pictures on Instagram and the results are very natural. Is it because they are expensive?