BeautyHacker

Genioplasty Experience at The Face Dental 2018

Thanks a lot for your info.
i'm also planning to do jaw/chin reduction.
if you don't mind, can you please pm me how much they quote?
Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much for sharing this! Your results look fantastic. Also, I was wondering if you can share pictures of your chin before the chin implant? I have a very recessive chin so I’m really wondering if genioplasty can bring it that much forward as opposed to a chin implant. Any insight from you would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, unfortunately I don’t think I have any on hand anymore as it’s been several years..
But genioplasty can actually achieve MORE projection than an implant (the more you need on an implant the more tendency it has to look unnatural) ^^

Sorry I’ve been busy so I haven’t updated in a long time but i’m at close to 6 months post op now and I’m happy to say that much of the problems bothering me from before are gone! There’s still some tightness and reduced sensation around the chin and slight numbness on the lower lip, but I believe it’ll get better over time (and even at this point it’s manageable).

In terms of the chin I’m super happy with the appearance! The height and projection is perfect for me and it looks complete natural. I don’t shy away from seeing my chin in the mirror now, actually I love the contour. I’m so happy with Dr. Lee’s work!

There’s a tiny bit of soft tissue irregularity in the middle of my chin that kind of looks like a line, but it’s hardly noticeable. But I’m still hoping it will improve slightly once I get the plates removed.

I’ll be going back to TFD and get the fixation removed by Dr Lee, and at that point my chin journey will finally be over! I will share some more pictures once that happens ^^

• 2 months later...
Update: In October I revisited Dr. Lee at TFD and removed the screws from the genioplasty! It was at 7 months post op, which is in the ideal range of 6-12 months. It was a choice I made, after Dr. Lee assured me that there was no problem with keeping the screws in. X-rays were taken before (and after) the procedure to ensure bone healing was complete.

The procedure was very quick, almost like getting a tooth pulled! It was done under location anesthesia, and I experienced no pain before or after the surgery. Swelling went down in a few days, and Dr. Lee helped me with deswelling treatments as well.

One of my biggest concerns with this procedure was reinjuring the muscle again for a seemingly unnecessary surgery. However Dr. Lee assured me that it's a very tiny procedure and incision, and wouldn't cause any sagging or muscle problems as I'm not removing anything substantial either. As always, Dr. Lee did a great job - my nerves and sensation are still recovering well from the genioplasty, and I'm not experiencing any problems from the plate removal. And same as before, he's very helpful and responsive on Kakaotalk when you have concerns or questions for him. I think this is really important, especially for foreign patients, who live far away and need to have that peace of mind.

I'm really happy to say that after all this, I have a chin contour that I love, with my own bone, and nothing foreign left in my body (this part is really up to you though, it's just something I have an issue with because of my bad experience with the implant).

If anyone is considering genioplasty, or contouring surgery, I would highly recommend considering TFD and Dr. Lee :smile:

Congrats. it's so natural.
I'm also planning to go there on coming feb for double jaw and genio.
Hopefully, everything gonna be fine.

Good luck! You’re in capable hands so I hope everything goes well for you too :smile: