BeautyHacker

EverM dental clinic

Hey everyone, i'm starting this thread in hope that members(interested in everm dental) will share their recent experiences with EverM clinic(if any) and their results as well. Also, one of the reasons for starting this thread is the fact that EverM is not much talked about unlike other dental clinics such as, The Face Dental.

It's an undeniable fact that Dr. Yoon is more knowledgeable and experienced than Dr. Kim, ofcourse, that doesn't mean that Dr. Kim is not proficient in what he does, but, this very fact gives Dr. Yoon leverage over other O&M doctors.

I'd also like to know that why O&M docs in Korea are not board certified unlike their US counterparts as certification gives more credibility to ones practices, training and skills alike.

PS: One of my friends got her condyle done by Dr. Yoon and she has got one of the most enviable jaws. Just by tweaking the angles of her jaw changed her whole appearance. After seeing her in person i got elated, also, she was 6 months post her surgery when i met her and believe me guys she was having very less swelling, almost negligible and needless to say she looked fabulous. So, here it is one recent review of EverM on my friends behalf.

Looking forward for your opinions and thoughts :smile:

Hi @Yiseul, yes EverM is expensive no doubt but Dr. Yoon has more experience than Dr. Lee plus i haven't heard about any cases gone wrong in EverM whereas for tfd i have heard from quite a few korean and chinese patients that their surgical results weren't as good as what was promised during the consultation.

Wow really? You've spoken with patients of Dr.Lee?

A korean girl showed me her pic after having lower jaw surgery and her asymmetry did not get improved completely and she developed dull pain after surgery at the back of her jaw which is still ongoing. A singapore guy who did two jaw at tfd was unable to open and close his mouth even after the bandages and strap got removed and he developed lock jaw, he told that he informed about all of this to tfd and they did not pay much heed and asked to pay a visit for actual diagnosis and he did visit dr. lee again and he was told that whatever he's experiencing is due to swelling and if the condition persists then he'll have to undergo resurgery by paying half the price of initial surgery.

• 9 months later...
hi!! just saw ur thread but is there any updates from them? bc all ive heard were great things about TFD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
I consulted with EverM and TFD in 2015. EverM quoted roughly 20 million won, and told me they would not do vline due to my low jaw nerves. I found the consultation robotic and cold. Plus, they asked who else I consulted with and when I told them TFD, the consultant badmouthed them, which I felt was uncalled for. I was so put off, I decided to not work with them. TFD took their time and adr. Lee explained exactly what he was going to do to correct my issue. And the price point was half of EverM. I had vline, double jaw and rhinoplasty. It is approaching 5 years and his work has held up wel .

Wow, I had almost the complete and opposite experience with EverM vs TFD, but I noticed you went in 2015 so things could have changed in the last 4~5 years.

BTW really cool of you to update, this popped up in my tappatalk, so I guess I should one day do a write up on my surgeries, especially since i have time now.

in a nutshell i did a lot of work across 4 clinics in 2 trips:
  • everm (two jaw + genio + v-line +zygoma reduction)
  • dau plastic surgery (nose)
  • deesse plastic surgery (lips, body lipo, breasts and skin)
  • pop plastic surgery (eyes).
fyi i heard my doctor at dau (Kim) closed his clinic and moved to deesse. lol wish he did that before, i could have saved a trip.

EverM

For FC I also consulted with both EverM and TFD also among others. But what tipped the scale towards EverM for me was one of the gals I buddied with at the time picked TFD. She was having surgery during that trip and it was just consulting trip for me, so I had a chance to see how her results turned out before I ended up having surgery (guess she was my guinea pig so to say). Anyway, although her result didn't look bad, it was a let down for her because it was really subtle. And after awhile, when it rains it pours, and noticed a few other people felt the same about TFD: "not bad, but nothing special, except for the price"

I liked EveM because the consultation itself was very through, detailed and seemed a lot more diagnostic and medically sound in terms of the types of scans, analysis, explanation and the atmosphere of the consultation itself.

I wasn't a fan of TFD's where you lay back in this dental chair and wait for Dr Lee who sits next to you. I was laid back in this awkward dental position the whole time, except for price and scheduling. It just felt odd and less empowering postured like that in a consultation and trying to process a complex decision that way.

EverM did cost more than TFD, but major difference is EverM has to pay two surgeons who are operating together. Dr Yoon who does the main bone work, and Dr Ahn who assists Dr Yoon opens and closes the soft tissue. This was a really important factor and difference for me because I imagine TFD and all these other super popular clinics are doing back to back surgeries and they get tired. These doctors aren't machines at the end of the day, and cutting jaw bones with a saw and putting it all back together seems physically and mentally draining.

So i was fine paying EverM for two doctors, two sets of eyes and two of pairs hands operating on me. that's money well spent imo, and my results are more than i could have asked for, so overall very satisfied with everm.

Sorry! I had vline, double jaw and genioplssty! I did not have rhinoplasty.