BeautyHacker

WORST EXPERIENCE AT HUSHU CLINIC

Hi All -
I always avoid bad mouthing clinics but I had the worst experience at Hushu Dermatology Clinic in Apgujeong. I accompanied my mother for her consults as a translator and we first had a great experience with Dr. Lee there but after we paid for the threadlifts, they told us he was not available. They recommended the other doctor, Dr. HONG, to do the threadlift.

My mom returned for her procedures with Dr Hong and it was the first time we met him. He began lecturing us about cheap clinics like Toxnfill saying how can we as foreign tourists go to such low grade clinics, don't we understand the difference between dermatologists and GPS? On and on. He kept lecturing and was so condescending.

My mom returned for her follow up visit and there was a massive dent from her threads and he recommended to fill it up. Which was FINE we were happy to return for fillers, but when we did return he mentioned we weren't following his recommendations and that he wanted to do more fillers on both sides of the cheek. My mom only wanted to fill the right side of the face since that's where the dent was. But he got so upset and was raising his voice and refusing to let any of us ask a question. He was so rude my mom, in her sixties and a strong woman, began to cry. I was shocked and was speechless with how he was speaking to us. FINALLY the clinic manager came in to watch, and the doctor realized he had an audience. He quickly changed his demeanor and began to say we misunderstood him, it was a miscommunication etc. Lol. Excuses. His attitude was rude, he was yelling, waving his arms around and just completely unprofessional.

The clinic manager tried to smooth things over which I appreciated but the damage is done. Plus this clinics prices are extremely high for the value patients get. I DO NOT RECOMMEND Dr Hong at Hushu. So insane! I told him and his manager I've been coming to korean for three years and have never experienced such treatment by plastic surgeons, GPs, dermatologists, etc. First time in my life!

Never heard of this clinic before, but I'm glad that I didn't.

Dr. Kyungkook Hong for the record, he's the Director of that branch so he's not just a regular dermatologist on staff. It doesn't say much about them that they hired a doctor who acts as unprofessional as this, the fact he showed such disrespect to an elder speaks very poorly about his character. If you can I'd write to the owners of the clinic about this incident, your mother deserves an apology and Dr. Hong should be reprimanded for his behavior. Side note, have the dents improved by themselves? I've heard this can be a common side effect of the insertion points of the threads since they pull on the skin.

BTW regarding a clinic having a reputation for being a top clinic, I'm skeptical of putting my trust into just a clinic name as your results whether it's a plastic surgeon or dermatologist comes down to the doctor who is treating you. For clinics with multiple branches, and there are many such dermatology clinics in Korea, they employ many doctors, I'm not surprised your level of care will vary dramatically with who you get, top clinic or not. Always get a name of the actual doctor whose skilled at the treatment you are seeking.

What we hear is only a fraction of what goes on due to the slander laws in SK. It usually takes a death for what they have been doing to become public since the government gets involved.

Unless I have a solid reason to not believe them, I trust the foreigners who reported back having issues of some kind.

We were so happy with Dr Lee's consultation which was why we paid for the services there. However they did a bait and switch after we paid, and we got assigned Dr Hong instead. He is just such a bizarre man. The whole procedure he kept bragging about himself, his family, where he vacations, etc. So weird. Definitely poorly mannered. My mom paid close to 6 mil for their services and didn't receive any after care either. Which is a huge difference between other dermatology clinics we have been to before. Anyway, I asked a korean friend to research the clinic and he said Dr Hong didn't even graduate from a decent medical school whereas all the other doctors did. I definitely think Dr Lee is the best choice out of the two there at apgujeong.

It's a chain of clinics so there are many good doctors there. Just avoid Dr Hong.... Dr Lee is a good one.

As I said in my post, I thought the other Dr, Dr Lee, and as great. Read carefully please... I only said I do not recommend Dr Hong. It's a chain clinic so there are many doctors at their locations.

The dents haven't improved much even after he filled them with Ellanse. He admitted that he didn't think the threads were a good price for their value during the treatment .. Which is odd and we felt he should have been honest about that prior to starting the procedure.

Overall I felt he didn't take his job seriously enough. During the thread lifting he kept chatting to me and debating issues he finds with foreigners going to Korea for beauty treatments (I rolled my eyes so hard during the convo, maybe he just has no social skills?). At one point he ranted about the current S Korean President and how disastrous he feels about his social policies.. He was talking about all this while inserting the threads into my mom's face. He was totally unprofessional and wasn't even concerned about the threadlift procedures. It was only after our followup session with him did he pay attention to any of the dents and only then did he try to readjust the threads... If he was less if a chatterbox complaining about foreigners, GPs, President Moon... I think then he might have noticed the issues with the threads earlier and readjusted them during the first session rather than waiting until the second follow up days later.

Hey @alice.gpb

So sorry to hear that Dr Hong is giving you more headache than solving the original issue. Your poor mum! How is she doing now? Apart from the dents, is she experiencing any other complications e.g. constant pain, facial paralysis?

Rather than try to remedy the problem with more fillers and rubbish that Dr Hong may begrudgingly give you, have you considered going to another doctor/clinic to have the threads removed completely? It might seem a waste of money after going this far, but you'll save on doing filler top-ups, the dents should be gone, and future problems may be avoided (e.g. threads and hooks poking through thinning ageing skin).

Your mum should not go through the long suffering of this dubious threading procedure at her age, there must be something better and less damaging for a woman in her sixties! Non-surgical facelifts, perhaps?

Dr Hong sounds like a narcissist, and because of that, he'll continue to blame other people/things and use his bragging and drama to cover up his inadequacies. So don't even go back there hoping he'll fix anything. Just report him to the authorities and go elsewhere for peace of mind.

alice.gpb so sorry to hear about your experience at Hus-hu clinic. Thanks a million for sharing your experience. I was looking at their website before I saw your post. Now that I read your post I am going to take them off of my list. That clinic will lose many prospective client who see this post. The good thing is that the threat lifts are not permanent and the dent will eventually go away. but putting myself in your place, I would be scared, disappointed and would feel deceived. Shame on that clinic for hiring people like him and not monitoring them and not taking responsibility for fixing the issue.

The US doctors don't perform thread lift anymore because they are not cost effective and don't last more than a year. I contacted View Hospital and they recommended thread lift for my face and their cost is half of a full SMAS lift at their own clinic and their SMAS lift is higher than the cost of SMAS face and neck lift performed by doctors in NYC,
When I started researching the possibility of getting something done in South Korea I was very excited but after contacting some of these PS clinics in SK I lost my trust and I don't think they treat foreigners right by gouging their prices for non-Korean clients. I personally won't be willing to pay a price that is higher than what I pay in the US and go to another country where if something goes wrong I cannot do anything about it.