BeautyHacker

Has Anyone Had a *Good* Experience With Paransal Implants

I've searched the forum and have yet to see anyone claim that they had a good experience with paranasal implants. The main reason I want to get a paranasal implant is because I have a genetically flat maxilla and protruding mouth/lip area. This midface sunken area makes my philtrum look "bulldog"-esque. I've been researching ways to fix this problem and I know that fillers won't work as they only plump up the skin and not fix the underlying problem of retruded bone. Is there anyone who's gotten paranasal implants that didn't have complications and liked their results. If so, can you tell which clinic you got this done?

My case is different from yours. I got paransal implants because I had nasobial folds that I wanted gone. I am really happy with the results, however I never really had a sunken face so I cant say how the results will be for you. The best thing you can do is contact the clinic and explain your situation. Paranasal implants might be the answer but maybe it could be another implant?

Another good way of plumping is fat grafting.
retruded bone, are you talking about your chin area? So you chin is set back and your lips are protruding outwards? Then a chin implant (genioplasty) is a possible fix. I am not talking about making your face more "longer" in a sense. There are chin implants that aid in a retruded chin without adding length (this you will have to talk more with the clinic about) Chin implants also give a nice "v-shape face" and cost much less than V-line surgery itself.
Double-Jaw surgery is another option, but something that should be saved as a last resort.

From what I have read about them here, the people who got they didn't have complications. They simply didn't wait for swelling to go down and found someone who didn't bother to make them wait the proper amount of time before they took them out.

Remember also that they have like 5 different names for the paranasal implant surgery, so you haven't read all about them.

Have you thought about fillers? I was thinking of getting paranasal and chin augmentation, but the reviews I've read are mixed in terms of liking the end results. In this case, I'm going to just stick with fillers for now even though they can be expensive in the long run since you have to have a top up every so often.

Ooops! I meant to write 'recessed' instead of retruded. My nose is further back than my lips which makes me look ridiculous. Because of this, I have very deep, very noticeable nasolabial folds. I've been looking into double-jaw surgery to correct my mouth protrusion and square jaw.

I have considered fillers however my nasolabial lines are so deep that only and an implant would give me the proper projection I need.

I posted my reply to this thread incorrectly under "Midface Augmentation" . This is a hit and miss procedure in my opinion. I would love to have it done.
It is so fantastic when it works as it is truly anti-aging as you will be rid of nasalabial lines. See Bonquiqui's results. Fillers are a pain and need redoing twice a year. However when it goes wrong. See the extract of a paper by Korean doctors I put in my post.

• 4 months later...
Its not paranasal implant that u need. Because paranasal implant is meant to fix your nasolabial fold. U need premaxilla augmentation to fix ur protruded mouth. Paranasal implant doesnt fix columella labial angle

• 5 months later...
Hi @digitalashes i’ve had paranasal implants done with my own bone when I did my lower jaw surgery 3 years ago. They reused the excess bone from my jaw and fixed it in the paranasal area. The results were great for a Long time but now I’m back to having nasolabial folds. In my case, it’s genetic and I’ve always had them since young and I didn’t have unrealistic expectations about huge improvements because my doctor warned me that since my underbite wasn’t severe, there wasn’t much bone to reuse (they only moved my jaw back about 1mm) = less material to bulk the area up with. It was great while it lasted though and I had no side effects.

I got mine done at View Plastic Surgery with Dr Lee dong Chan. I also added a layer of FG over it.

Also did FCs etc so my face look kinda swollen now. It’s my 4 month post op. IMG_3434.JPG