BeautyHacker

A lot more Regen reviews are sponsored than I expected

@csolare Yeah that's what I'm worried about too lol, people who got a promotional discount and are forced to write a review writing a positive one even if they weren't actually so satisfied with their results (because they know the clinic will read it). Have you found PMing people to be better in terms of honesty?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to comment on here. First of all, Regen didn't sponsor me in anyway. I was able to secure a 10% discount for my procedures if I gave permission to them to use my photos. I'm sure anyone would have agreed in my situation as the cost for surgery is quite expensive. I wrote my review on the site on my free own will to share my experience and coming on here regularly to see other people's before afters. I think you are looking at things the wrong way. The way you should judge a clinic or surgeon or results is basically the before afters. If have seen a lot of photos of before afters on hospital sites, their social media and even on sites like real self, which I personally wrote a review for since the hospital has asked me and I am grateful for my results. I think you are confusing 'sponsorship' with patient loyalty and appreciation. Just my thoughts.

I'm really glad Regen didn't force you to write a review, that relieves some of my worries. Thank you for shedding some insight!

Hey @Ririna i think you have a wrong notion regarding Youtubers making videos about their ps in Korea or clinics posting b/a pics on their Insta of their parents. It's not necessary that if someone makes videos regarding their ps that they are being paid or promoting a clinic.

A lot of clinics offer discounts to their patients on their surgeries when they make vlogs about their surgery journey or give clinics the permission to post their b/a pics on Insta, and i don't think that it's something bad, right?

I second this

I feel like those who are dissatisfied will find ways around it because they probably don't want to rave about the clinic either haha. Honestly, most people here who have genuinely gotten surgery (sans fake promoters) don't ever really 100% lie.

Most of the time a decent clinic really will just ask you to write "a" review. You're not necessarily obligated to write a RAVING review. You can be as vague or as detailed as you'd like~This is related to promotions of course, not sponsorship. I mean imo, if you do post a super honest public review about how much you hated everything and how awful your experience was then that's probably where their internet law can bite back... but otherwise, I really don't think general dissatisfaction with this or that could apply so loosely to a forum review. There have been situations where some clinics have threatened this or that but it truly depends on their own code of ethics. A lot of the people they threatened were just normal patients too ;~(

Yes! It's a more intimate setting and you can often ask for more photos ^^ I have a very strong belief that you should read reviews with an open mind–one that's neither too cynical nor too naive! Everyone's experiences are heavily skewed, and the same situation can be interpreted many different ways~

Oh man... I wouldn't have thought there were so many sponsored reviews here. But anyways we can't choose a clinic based a 100% on what people say over the internet though, and if it's sponsored review, it's not necessarily fake. That's why we gotta be careful

Wait so Regen offered a discount if you paid cash instead of credit/debit card? That sounds suspicious af D:
I was looking at them cause they did some nice zygoma reductions and even have experience with white patients

From people's experiences on this forum, this seems to be fairly common practice and a tactic customers will use to try to secure a discount. I was actually surprised that so many of the clinics I consulted with (six of seven) wouldn't provide a discount after I offered to pay in cash LOL

Hi, I got a procedure done at Regen recently and I declined their offer for a discount if I allowed them to use my before & after photos (I’m not interested in allowing any clinic to use my personal photos, and I’m fortunate to say that cost is not an issue for me). I have family and friends in Seoul, so I have access to both foreigner and local customer knowledge. I will be sharing genuine posts about my experience soon - I want to wait until I see my actual results, etc. So far, I can say that I’m very disappointed in their after care - I’m not sure if I’ve been receiving poor service so far because they know I’m not sponsored or whatever, but we’ll see. :/

What did you find disappointing about their aftercare?
I’m currently talking to them on WhatsApp and mentioned to them about wanting to do a video on yt or insta, not just cause of the possible discount but I’m hoping it’ll mean they’ll treat me better since there’ll be video evidence etc. They haven’t mentioned prices or discounts to me yet.
What procedures did you have done?
I wish looking for a good clinic wasn’t such a minefield I just wanna fix my face D:

Hi - I feel like the nurses could’ve been more caring and nice during my post-op care... But honestly I care more about the results, so we’ll see. The surgeon is famous here and he seemed passionate about his specialty (he spent a lot of time explaining things to me), so that’s a good sign.

How much did u pay for the PS if u dont mind sharing, or u can PM the price. Did the Dr shave the arch and lift at the same time?

Thanks!

Hoping for ur speedy recovery!