BeautyHacker

A lot more Regen reviews are sponsored than I expected

This isn't about regen but MVP, I got DES and ptosis done there and my experience was really good. Doctor was great, post op and after care was fantastic. I immediately returned to my Airbnb to write a glowing review.

The next day MVP contacted me and offered me a gift card to write them a review. I told them I already wrote a positive write up because I was happy with their service. They read over it, and asked me to add/edit a few extra things, but it made me uncomfortable so I didn't revise it. They still gave me the gift card anyway.

Anyway, the experience left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth but that's not to say the surgery itself was bad. I'm very happy with my results and grateful for what Dr. Seo has done for me, but it scared me to think that a lot of the reviews here may be padded with praise for the sake of a discount or gift card. That's not to say all of them aren't genuine though, with enough practice it's pretty easy to spot who's being honest and who's just blowing smoke up the clinic's ass.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow, I didn't think that a clinic would ask people to edit their reviews after they're posted to make them look better! Ugh, and just for the sake a of gift card? How incredibly shady. Thanks for telling us this!
I just read through your MVP review. Did they ask you to change some of the negative stuff in your review to positive or just delete them altogether or something?

In my review I talked about how the consultation felt a little rushed, they tried to justify it (they were busy and wanted to give me a good slot, which was understandable, I even included that in my review) but they wanted me to reiterate that point further. They also wanted me to include more about Dr. SEO's bedside manner, personality, ect, but I only saw him for the consult and while he did a fantastic job, was very knowledgeable and kind, theres only so much you can write about someone you talked to for fifteen minutes. I ended up not changing anything because I felt like that would be dishonest, and go against my principles.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I’m curious to know if you are liking your results from Regen? I am strongly considering them.

I did a DES surgery with Regen last month. They opened a new store in Apgujeong so it’s a little different than the Gangnam one.

I’m happy with the results so far but not the after care........

You can PM me if you have further questions :smile:

They have a new office? What happened with the last one?

not sure but I guess they have 2 office now.

The doctors are different. I did mine at Apgujeong and my interpreter told me they only have one doctor (Dr. Kim)

• 4 weeks later...
DES= Double eyelid surgery
FG= Fat graft
FC= Facial contouring

Sent from my A577VL using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
Hey, Thx so much for the info. “i do understand the concern of people who are “promotional reviewer”.

Anyway how was the result with regen? I am planning to do fat grafting with them, love their before and after. Although I am a bit worries because regen was one of the blacklist clinic, i read it in some of the tpf forum.

• 7 months later...
How are you doing now? What did you have done?