BeautyHacker

I got consultation at Banobagi, JW, JK, GNG, View and I chose…

Can you also share with me what clinic you went ? Planning to arrive in Seoul in first week in August to consult/surgery (rhinoplasty) with Banogabi, JW, GNG, VIP, and maybe two more hospitals.
Had preliminary discussions with GNG and VIP already via text , will follow up with face to face consultation.
I have a very good Korean friend from Seoul (his brother is a surgeon in large Seoul hospital...not plastic surgery) that is guiding me thru the maze of choices and authenticity of advertisements by ps clinics.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition, my Korea friend will be accompanying me to the consultations of ps clinics in evening appointments, as he a senior manager in large respective international South Korean engineering company and only has time in the evenings.

• 3 weeks later...
Can you please share which hospital you end up go to ? Also are you happy with the result?
You are welcome to PM me.
Thanks

I came out from rhinoplasty surgery yesterday and now recuperating in hospital. I had finally decided on GNG after visiting both Banobagi, Grand, ID hospital and Dream.
Dr, Hong perform the rhinoplasty (using donated cartilage) - Bridge augmentation, tip-plasty and alar reduction and he was great. For some reason , I have no swelling or black or blue effect so far.

I reviewed all the hospitals and read so many comments on this forum , but I have come to the conclusion that all the hospital I considered are all good in one form and another from my personal experience.
It is so logical that these Korean doctors in popular hospitals perform at least three surgeries a day, how can they not be good or excellent at their job, which they are.

As for GNG hospital, I read a lot of good and bad reviews about them, but hanging out in the waiting area and walking the hospital floors, and witnessing so many people now arriving and leaving with rhinoplasty procedures, and looking very happy..... I believe when it comes to that specific procedure , they appear to be best at it .

My second choice would have been Banobagi hospital, I was impressed with their facilities and their doctors look very good. But notice how they rushed everyone thru consultation as I read in past forums , it feels like medical factory more than a personal experience. They appeared to be very popular with locals, but had me wondering if because of their pricing and reputation or combination of both.
All can recommended is if you are considering rhinoplasty , GNG and Banobagi looks like best ones to give a excellent results.

Lastly , I asked GNG rep about comments of offering discounts for posting reviews about them, their explanation seems logical, they don’t make you write a comment whether good or bad.
I read some past comments where during consultation , they wanted someone to write good comments to review sites to get a discount before they actual had the operation. That is somewhat illogical in my opinion, firstly, all these Korean hospitals do not give any big discount to foreigners, you can forget that and the locals only get a 20% to 30% discount which is considerable, but the majority of Koreans cost of living is far below that of foreigners, so their reduction in pricing is logical. Secondly, why would GNG make this crazy offer , when they know you can write another comment after the surgery telling the actual truth , whether good or extremely bad. Again , GNG cannot stop you from writing anything once you leave the hospital.

I bought an air most humidifier with me from US ( Walmart or Amazon choice) to Korea as a past recommendation comment from someone. They were right, the air mist humidifier is a savior, for the first three days after surgery, you nose complete block with gauze and bandages and breathing thru mouth dry out your mouth and throat, which prevented from sleeping and although the remaining 4 to 5 days your nose will be partial block, this air mist over you mouth can be such a relief . caution: take the hotel face towel and cover your nose and eyes while sleeping as the humidifier will discharge too many droplets over your nose which will result in wetting in the nose area and not recommended by hospital.

@petercc hi! I would love to talk to you more about GNG! currently considering them as they specialize in ENT too... but skeptical becayse of all the negative reviews.... i actually liked them when i visited last month to consult...but im just not sure how consistent their results are...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi Peter ,how are you ? May i ask you some pls ,did you consultant with all the Clicnic when you in US or when you in Korea because this is my st time i don’t have any experience .Thanks When we go to consultant do we need to deposit to all the Clicnic and if you decide not to pick that clinic we ‘ll lost the deposit money ?

How much we can ask them for the discount and also if we pay CASH do they still add 10% TAX to the total cost of Surgy amount or not ? Thanks again Peter !