BeautyHacker

Uvom plastic surgery?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UVOM is place was not talked about until that one post blew up by watermelonyyyy that posted a bunch of cheek photos. which was flagged and deleted because it was the uvom coordinator pretending to be a patient, the coordinator was also bashing and attacking GNG under another id which appears to not have been deleted, but not active since watermelonyyyy got caught.

I remember seeing that post in English and then seeing the same photos on Babitalk with Korean text. I asked watermelonyyyy about it and she responded:

Hey Im Korean american. My mom is Korean so I can read and write Korean. I wanted to share my pleasant experience and B&As but didn't want to be active on here TPF cause I noticed that many Americans are here for info about ps and I dont want many friends of mine to know that I had my face done... cause I dont have many korean friends I thought it’s okay to write a review on Babitalk. But I’m kinda embarrassed that you found me there​

While that is shady, I didn't immediately cross them off my list as creating 'avatars' is a marketing tactic. Eventually I did cross them off as I couldn't find enough reviews I trusted about Uvom and they refused to come down on price.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
That is shady. For the record, she no longer works there (and I would not have gone with them if she had). I would definitely be willing to speak to the integrity of the current marketing coordinator/translator at Uvom. I was there January 11th and she had only been there for two weeks. She helped me a LOT, from arranging cabs for me (since my internet wasn't working at all in Korea and I had a hard -- well, impossible -- time hailing a cab) the entire week, walking me through the entire process, etc. I have 200+ posts on this website dating to 2013 and she never once asked me to alter, inflate, or otherwise change my honest opinion of the clinic.

I've been to Wonjin, Uvom, and Hanabi (though I didn't end up getting surgery at Hanabi). I thought the marketing people had really high integrity at all of those places. Ina at Wonjin, in particular, is a really good person to work with and definitely trustworthy.

Like I said, I'm ok with giving out my before/afters to marketing. I will write reviews using my honest opinion. However, writing an actual review for someone is not OK in my book (i.e. Fresh, as well as a few other places).

May I know who is the she you are referring to? Did you end up getting your surgery with UVOM?

Oh so you mean that the shady lady has left Uvom.

What surgery did you get? I am also considering Uvom for rhinoplasty.

Hi, I consulted them last week so I am not sure if it's the same consultant you are referring to but it's seems quite shady as they offer me 30% promotion only if I decide to cooperate with their promotion but won't discuss in detailed about it over messages.

Do you mind sharing what did you have done there and how was the result?

Are you Korean/did you communicate in Korean? The person I consulted with is the only English translator on staff. She discussed the prices with me fully over Facebook... I have no idea what the secrecy is. I asked for the price and she gave it to me; no games/shadiness. I asked for an even lower amount and offered my photo (as I had done for Wonjin years ago). They agreed. Most clinics will give you like 10-20% off if you bargain hard enough, and like 25%-30% off if you offer the use of your photos.

My review is on this thread:

https://beautyhacker.com/forums/topic/1005293-facial-liposuction-at-uvom/

No, I am not korean. I communicate with them through WhatsApp using english so it should be the english translator that replied to me. I screenshot the conversation and post it here. After the last messages I didn't get any reply from them