BeautyHacker

Zygoma shaving, instead of osteotomy

putting it back into the same position meaning you already had a zygoma reduction done? If so then no thats not possible to reverse it. Facial contouring is mostly an irreversible procedure. What is cut and resected cannot be put back

No I have never had any surgery done , but now that the years have gone by there is flatness to that cheek and it feels as to the a little bit of pressure pushing in like like someone hold a finger on your cheek lightly . I only wish to have this fixed so I can look how I use to on both side of my face instead of one . As it has cause low self esteem . For the last couple years. So I have schedule consultation with 2 doctore to see if it can be done if been looking into reconstructive doctors instead of just board certified plastic surgeons . But I'm scared of the sagging im young though and I'm not over weight . Iv seen multiple people have fractures from sports related injuries, famous athletes to your everday people in automotive accidents some if them . That why I am wondering some of them dont look any different after there surgery and get back into there sport quickly like Russell west brook basketball player and there a couple of boxer and mma fighters aswell , Russell Westbrook had a zygoma fracture literal created a cater in his face and went to have surgery at the osbourn center over here in the states and he looks fine not sure if you know who that is but it one of the injuries that I look into hoping to have a the Same outcome there is also a young lady that had a terrible fracture to her zmc and orbital bone and had surgery to it on real self and I must say she look fantastic you can not tell he documented her recover well but the only thing is her last photo is 6 months post OP. So I contacted her last night to see how her recover doing and if she has had any sagging skin after that intense surgery hopefully I get a response .so I am wondering what I could expect I been doing alot of research on it and iv bumped into stuff like zygoma sandwich surgery and Asian zygoma surgery and I never really knew about the zygoma skin sagging most of the problem I read into were more into were sunken eyes and non unioning and sometimes unsatisfactory results due to late treatment in my case . I have yet to get a ct scan I will talk to my doctor about geting one but I believe I have displacement but not multiple fracture like you see in most motor vehicle accidents . So I'm hoping that if that is to be the case the surgery will be alot easier and sagging skin wont be a problem . I dont think I will be needing a bone graft or anything as I'm pretty sure my bones all there and I'm not looking to have bone taking away like most of these zygoma reduction iv read on here have done . With all that being said is there some differences in between the two surgery that I'm missing ? And will I be facing skin sagging ?

No I'm sure mine is due to trauma that I never had correct due to being unable to pay for it . Not trying to be rude at all , please forgive me if I do sound rude . I'm only 21 and I'm perfectly fine and happy with one side of my face just not the the other iv had a accident a while back and even went to the hospital but I was never treated for any zygoma displacement or even ct scan or x rayed it was a weird hospital most of the patients were in the hall ways on roll beds nobody really had rooms . Not to get off topic , but as far as what I want done as my injury is a old one from what I read it will need to be cut ostomitised and then put back into place it was pre injury . The fixated with screws and plates . I kinda stumbled on to the world or Korean surgey because of it being a zygoma fracture . And some of the research iv done has had those key word that has led me here .

The first thing to do is meet with a cranialfacial surgeon and get a ct scan. Then plan from there.

https://www.realself.com/review/danbury-ct-facial-reconstructive-surgery-23-year-fractured-facial-bones-after
https://www.realself.com/review/danbury-ct-facial-reconstructive-surgery-23-year-fractured-facial-bones-after

This is the young lady on real self I was talking about earlier. similar but her was alot but mine wasent as severe she look amazing after 6 months post OP like nothing ever happen

She looks lovely however it’s hard to tell from a smiling photo. You really have to look with a critical eye. It would be more helpful if she had a frontal view, not smiling photo of her face.

You are right about that , I'm sad she hasen't posted anymore pictures if you look at her profile she had a boob job 2 year later from this surgery and she reference this surgery in it and she never said anything bad about it I imagine if she was upset about the zmc surgery she would not have went in to get her breast done . I do believe it to be her as the girl in the boob job pictures has a very smal frame like her she obviously didnt show here face in the boob job pictures which I completely understand .

ohhhhh see you didn't mention you had an accident in the earlier post so I was confused why on earth u would go that route for your zygoma. Hence I assumed you were just aging and didn't wan to come to terms with it haha. Either way tho before you get ahead of yourself definitely do a ct scan first to identify the problem.

my bad lol, but yes that what my plan is to but I believe I need a doctor to send me to get a ct scan correct ? And idea how much this cost in us? I'm paying out of pocket . And my first consultation is later this month then another in September.

Glad to see kcouture active again. You are a wealth of info.

Kyo, are you US-based or do you just want to have it done in the US ?
Was it a car accident ? If yes, then there is a 2 year statue of limitations to sue for medical expenses.

CT scan cost : you can just google 'face ct scan cost'. Cost varies greatly by facility but since there is now transparency, you can call and shop around and mention you are paying cash .
You referring doctor/primary care may also know the best facility, price-wise .

The accident is going on 3 years it wa
It was a a dirt bike accident but I was not the one driving but it has been over 2 years

And oh okay that not to to bad I was hoping they weren't like to expensive .

I think I paid 500 AUD for mine when i did in Australia then i got a rebate back through my insurance. It would have been free but I went to a private hospital to do it cos public facility would have to wait 3 months. Medical is expensive in the us huh -_-