BeautyHacker

GNG Hospital / Stay Away at All Costs /

Oh my god I am so sorry. This is the worst. Honestly even my own state of mind dropped by reading this. Not too long ago I suggested to my friend @peri.winkle to check them out because I really believed in them. I'm glad she followed her instincts and didn't chose GNG on my advice...though she was pretty close. I could never forgive myself if she chose GNG and ended up disfigured like this. I too went to Korea earlier this month for FC, and I did have GNG on my list until I removed them recently after receiving similar insider knowledge.

You've saved a lot of future patients by posting this. Thank you and God bless. I'm sure you can bounce back from this. Have you looked into Juvederm voluma jaw filler injections? They can give the Angelina Jolie jaws for women and they are a cheaper alternative. Downside is that you'd need to invest in this for the rest of your life every 2 years or so until they invent a safe permanent filler that binds to the bone.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I think i'll avoid fillers I want to permanently fix it. I'm going to get an implant instead with my next surgery ( design below ) The surgeon has already designed it but need to wait to make sure I have fully recovered.

I'm more concerned with the functional pain at the moment as i have no idea what they have done on the right side of my face that is causing me to struggle to open my mouth this way. Its even worse that they had the audacity to to lie and say its because of an existing TMJ issue I had.

It just sucks because its going to cost over 10k because of GNG. If they just just listened I may not be in this situation. But like I have said many times. Dont expect a company with factory ethics to adopt a warm caring attitude and one that will listen to you.

unnamed.png

Wait...is that implant silicone? I hear there's a high chance of infection with silicone jaw implants. Have you looked a bone cement options if there are any?

Will you be doing this surgery in Korea? If yes, then you should be careful of any potential legal issues you could run into if GNG decides to press on this.

The implant wont be silicone now. Silicone is too soft. I wont be going to Korea no.

Hot damn, I am so very sorry for the experience you have had to endure.
I'm actually speechless at how badly they messed up. IMO, your photos showing the results you were after couldn't have been more clear.
Jaw shaving is no easy surgery by any means, but your CT definitely shows that your surgeon just completely missed the mark.

Despite the monetary and recovery time implications, I'm glad you have found a way to bounce back and restore your look.
Can I ask what material your implant will be made out of, if it's not silicone?

Are you in the US? I'm wondering on what grounds they could sue you? I mean sure, it would be a breach of contract, but the contract was based on payment and you haven't even received anything. Further, if the contract is made under duress, meaning you were coerced into it, then it's without merit.

Furthermore you should check if there’s a clause in your contract that means they have to do revision because they didn’t offer that and it could be in there, it was mentioned in one of my kakao chats! Good luck girl and again I am so sorry, this is unfair :sad:

Yes I am in the U.S.

The implant would be in PEEK material. I'm glad others agree on here that GNG did not give me what I clearly asked for.

It was pretty simple. The very fact that others can clearly see it on here, and they continually deny and say it was a success makes me feel validated. Completely cold, heartless and wont take any responsibility for their own mistakes even when there is scans, emails, documents, images to prove the opposite.

I cant really describe in words how frustrating that is to have them deny it when behind closed doors I think they know exactly what the issue is.

I did a Skype call with them a few weeks ago and described my problems whilst I was upset and they cut it short because they had absolutely no answers for me after explaining. They just kept repeating the same things "not bumpy, now smooth' and 'you had bad asymmetry we needed to work with that' (I didn't) and 'we didn't remove too much bone' (see scans)

With regards to the contract, again what sums them up is the fact that they would only refund if I didn't say anything about what I had gone through online. Its that kind of self preservationist attitude that really demonstrates they don't care about anyone as long as they can keep a reputation and try and further push that with promoters.

I have contacted a lawyer to discuss the contract and see what grounds I have. I understand there may be difficulties with international law but I'm seeing what can be done.

Hi, first of all I am so sorry you had this kind of experience!

Five months ago when I decided that I would go to Korea for rhinoplasty and facial contour, one of my first choices was GNG as there were so many great reviews and success stories here on TPF. But after looking at Dr. Choi's "style" stated on the GNG website (pic below) and going through every single post and "success story" on their blog, calliecat's and a few instagrammer's results, I knew this hospital wasn't for me, as the results looked too V and too much like Red Velvet's Wendy and 2NE1's Park Bom.

I wanted my facial contour results to be like Jessica Jung's as her before face shape was very similar to mine. I liked that her face looked like a perfect egg shape from the front but on her side, her jaw still has an angle. As the months went on, I decided on a different clinic. I'm so sorry the very thing I was afraid of happening to me happened to someone else. I wish you the best of luck in your recovery and that they compensate you!

"GNG V Line"

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 8.35.19 PM.png

Hey! I had a similar experience, I was originally going to go to GNG and then decided not to because I wanted to retain my jaw angle. Could you PM me where you ended up going?

That's one tip I've read about choosing a plastic surgeon. Every doc has a certain style they are known for when it comes to noses, v-line, etc., that's what you should expect they'll aim for. You can ask for anything but if you've read enough reviews of Korean docs you'll see they may apply a cookie cutter approach to everyone. Do not choose a doctor unless you've seen multiple example of patients with similar conditions to yours who've received the outcome you desire. Anyone choosing Dr. Choi at GNG should be prepared to kiss their jaw angles goodbye.

Typical clinic behavior - lying and gaslighting. They'll try to convince you into thinking the problem is in your head even though there is photographic evidence. The scans are conclusive. I say they deserved to be publicly shamed. Eventually they will cave once they realize you will be out for blood and will put them on blast as publicly as possible. Perhaps then they'll lose lots of business and feel the impact of what they've done to patients.

Thanks so much Cali. Its great to have some support and people understanding the issue after having to deal with this company and them telling me the surgery was a success like a mantra.

I have to be honest and say that that I said would stop if they issued a full refund, but I received nothing.

I'm sharing this review on other social channels as well so everyone knows. I think its only right I do that.

thank you for your bravery and honesty :heart: You have saved soo many people. I wish I could have known all this before they RUINED my nose too.