BeautyHacker

GNG Hospital / Stay Away at All Costs /

What GNG did to you was horrendous, unethical, and just straight up wrong. I hope you get the justice you rightfully deserve, I really do. I 110% agree about the before pictures with no makeup and the after pictures with makeup along with filter is wrong. But that's the gimmick. All clinics around the world do that. Whether its Korea, USA, Brazil, Iran, all clinics will make the 'after' picture much more desirable than the 'before' picture, almost making it into some huge transformation that only with plastic surgery you can achieve. But I believe us smart girls can see behind this :heart:. Its just like @catelet said; contacts, eyeliner, and mascara completely changes me, hahaha.

Beauty is subjective. As the famous saying goes "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." You are correct that culture and location play apart of beauty standers. You may agree that a more prominent jaw/mandible angle is more feminine or prettier than a curved jaw. While others will say a elongated chin or V angle face is more beautiful and gives a younger appearance.
I know when I visited View, the head surgeon asked me why do I want to do V-line. I had a face westerners desired. He even compared me to Miss. Jolie (I was far from it, I think he was just being courteous) I was actually surprised by the question. Out of all consultations, I never had a surgeon ask that kind of personal question before. I explained that although others may see a prominent jaw as sexy, confident, mature, and strong; I desired and liked a more softer, cuter, younger appearance. Of course, when I spoke to my fc surgeon I did exactly what you did and showed him pictures of what I wanted and not wanted. I made it clear that although I wanted a natural noticeable V-line; I did not those alien-like super V-lines I saw on botched china plastic surgery forums....yikes. You may even find my jaw/mandible not attractive after I done V-line surgery. However to me, and some others, may like the the aesthetic look ((:

It is more than evident you were clear what you wanted and GNG deliberately did not take your wishes into consideration. I may never really understand what you are going through, but I do understand putting your trust and faith in the hands of someone, only to be betrayed in the end (I had a really bad experience with a US surgeon that left me out of $10,000, a ugly scar at a young age, and nothing to show for it)
Dont give up and I hope you find your resolution.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone.

As I mentioned. When I arrived in Korea I had originally decided to go with Face Dental and Dr Lee. I was in Korea a year before and had a wonderful experience with him (prior to any surgery of course)

http://www.thefacedental.com/customer/beafter.asp

He gave me lots of time to speak, and I never felt rushed. I think I may have had about 40mins for my initial consult and he speaks very good english. In total I must have had 2 hours of his time via emails and consults alone.

Compare that to GNG Hospital when I spoke to the surgeon for 6 mins....and the another 6-7mins before surgery.

I have been considering them for my revision after apologising to him for choosing GNG to begin with as I felt so guilty. GNG were very pushy and promised the world to me with a discount, and unfortunately I fell for their marketing when they also said I needed zygoma, which really I didnt.

If I do go with Face Dental, which is most likely, I will post my review seperately and in here with some updates. They have been really kind to me so I felt fair to give them a shoutout for anyone looking for a more trustworthy clinic.

I am not saying things will go perfectly, but what I do know is if I do have issues....they wont toss me aside and not be willing to help, which is more than I can say for some.

xxx

Please stop. You really don’t have to attack peoples faces just because you’re hurt. One of the models you are editing is in my kakao group and they’re real people, what you’re doing is not nice. Again I sympathise with you but you don’t need to edit a real persons face to prove a point, that is not nice. Preferences are subjective and she got was she wanted, I’m very sorry you didn’t and I feel awful. But don’t attack other girls like that!

I totally agree with you. I do understand how she feels and I'm so sorry for her but she can't force her beauty standard on people bc beauty is subjective.

Yeah, I agree with xxzxxi. Sure, the girls may have consented to putting their photos in public domain, but the edited photo posts criticizing their choices as unrefined and unfeminine are mean-spirited. These girls didn't do anything to cause other patients' dissatisfaction.

Regarding the images. I never intended to be mean spirited. I was really trying to educate people over short termism and I'm sorry it came across that way. I was trying to help people perhaps in the most blunt way possible so people don't get hurt.

I completely understand these models are very happy with their faces. Its my opinion. I'm questioning the aesthetic, not the person. I'm sure they are all lovely people.

Its short termism in the sense that, its simple physics you are going to age much quicker with a large portion of your jaw removed, this is precisely why I asked that my result was more subtle.

If you are young, for a few years you will be fine, but couple that with bone resorption later in life and descent of soft tissue, then in my opinion its not a good idea.

And yes I totally agree, beauty is subjective. Thats why I emailed GNG and said do you have experience with western faces and jawlines etc? And every step of the way they promised me they can tailor the design to my own face and will be very careful. In reality they should have turned me away and been upfront and honest with me. But money talks.

A few months later their FC surgeon leaves the hospital for "personal" reasons. I'm sorry but I find this a little suspect. In my opinion this doctor has been at the hand of multiple patients who have been hurt and disfigured, and with little consequence.

The regulations need to be much stricter in Korea and elsewhere too. There needs to be some consequence. I spent over 13k in surgery and travel costs, and I got in total a 12 min consultation, a result which is the total polar opposite of what I asked for, and GNG can just go on as normal? In the meantime, I'm left to foot the bill for an expensive and painful revision, months of time off work, and thats just to get back to square one.

I could have got some money back from this to keep my mouth shut, so at least appreciate I am here telling my story making sure others don't have to go through the same.

I don't recall her saying these girls are ugly. She simply said that it is not her aesthetic and she showed them copious amounts of photos showing what she wanted. If you can't deliver that, than don't do the surgery. They misled her. It's like going for a rhino to make your nose smaller and coming out with a 7cm implant shoved in your nose. That's the issue.

• 2 weeks later...
The hospital I went to also said pretty much the same thing, "give it time; it's too soon to tell; your bone will still grow; no matter what I say, nothing will give you comfort" etc. They'll use all kinds of excuses. I'm half way through 6 months, I haven't been posting my stories over the internet yet. Hopefully they'll refund me my money, cause I need revision for both of my surgeries which is a lot of pain. My breast augmentation might require me to be under the knife 2 or 3 times. At this point, I just want my money back so I can have some money for revision. If free revisions are all they offer, I will post my reviews online.

Oh my god I am in shock at the way they attempted to bribe you. I can't read through all the responses but read your first few posts - I am so sorry that happened to you.

THANK YOU for posting this because I was set on GNG for my rhinoplasty and now I'm back to square one.

You're welcome. I'm scared that they'll kick me out cause that's just so common in Korea. Unfortunately, I don't have any proof of communication before surgery, but I do write reviews with every single detail!

And 49/50 times, they use beauty cam for EVERY picture, they post selfies for their enjoy enjoyment rather than comparing results.

Wow, I just read your story and am horrified. Wonjin messed up on my eyes the first time I went there because the surgeon refused to listen to me -- I ended up having years of asymmetry and even more severe ptosis. Thankfully, they were extremely ethical and gave me a revision for free. They even threw in another procedure for only like $600 USD. I was weary about letting the same surgeon operate on me again, but she ended up doing an excellent job the second time.

I was actually just considering GNG -- I am returning to Korea soon to get facial liposuction. NO WAY am I going to them after your story. Geez. Thank you so much for sharing your story. Please considering posting to other internet forums as well as well as internet review sites. People need to know this.

The hospital I went to in Korea messed up my face. They'll give free revision, but because I wasn't listened too either, I WOULD NOT let them touch my face again! They resected my smaller jaw (now I look deformed and over-cut) rather than my wider jaw when I told them very clear what I wanted. They did not listen and did the opposite. They also thinned out some of my jaws WITHOUT my permission. Now, I need a revision to resect my bigger jaw and get jaw implants! The breast guy put my implants under the breast tissue when we agreed on dual plane! I was small breasted, I don't know why they choose to put in under my breast tissue, but I'm also scared to let them touch me if it the decision was made by the surgeon. They look nice, but I am not happy for the wrong placement because I have rippling, I can feel the implants' gel filling, I can feel the implants being pushed out depending on how I use my muscles, and they sag fastest compare to other placement. I had nice normal breasts to begin with. They only took my blood for examination. I wrote all the details of by breast augmentation in my review, now the information of the hospital and the surgeon got removed from my review. I'm too afraid to let them touch me again. What if they cut my nerve on purpose as revenge?