BeautyHacker

View Plastic surgery prices

I was quoted 10 million krw for Vline on kkt, but another consultant quoted me 14 million krw in person. I did not do surgery with View in the end, but managed to bargain the price from 14 million krw down to 7 million krw. It just shows how much fillers are in the initial quotes. (my consultant was super nice though).

Thank you, can I ask why you decided not to do surgery with them?

I consulted at both View and TFD, but I chose TFD in the end for V-line because of their affordable price. (4.4 mil). Also, TFD is a much smaller clinic and the experience felt more personal than at View. Dr. LDC at View was very nice and does V-Line almost every day// has had no accidents. In which he seemed almost immune to the risks of the surgery itself. Like whatever questions I had, he insured me there would be no problem at all. He's also very popular and surgery slot gets booked easily. Meanwhile, Dr. LJK at TFD was more serious and explained things more in depth rather than just saying they're not a problem. Also, Dr. LDC is a certified plastic surgeon whereas Dr.LJK is an oral & maxifillofacial surgeon. Dr.LJK does not only V-line, but 2-jaw and ASO surgery as well which made me feel safer to do surgery with him instead. View does offer double jaw surgery, however, but only with Dr. Yoon. I had a good impression with both places though. A good point about View is that they did not give me a factory clinic vibe despite having 15 floors. If I was to do multiple surgeries, such as rhinoplasty and fc, I would've gone with View since TFD is only an o&m surgery clinic.
Also from my recovery experience, I would avoid getting multiple surgeries if you are undergoing any kind of facial bone-related surgery. V-line surgery is the smallest amongst the facial bone surgeries but takes a great toll on your body. There was someone who stayed in the ward 2 days because they did both V-line and 2-jaw lol. I can't imagine how torturous it would've been having to stay 2 days in the recovery room for her.

I am thinking of TFD too as they seem honest and trustworthy. Only thing I'm concerned about is that their results look too subtle? Of course I don't want to look fake and overdone but I also want a noticeable change for the better and my jaw to look quite slimmer than it is now! Do you think you can achieve that kind of result with TFD or you only want slight improvement? Or do you think their results look like that due to them taking very natural pics without makeup or photoshop like other clinics do?

I will be like that girl then as I do have a slight bite problem so will properly need 2 jaw along with v line! When is your surgery booked for?

IMO, you should choose a place based on how much the doctor is willing to listen to your ideal results rather than them doing whatever they want to your face. Natural results/ dramatic results firstly depend on the limit of your nerve position and muscle mass, then comes how much you make clear of the type of face you want. You won't get your ideal result if your communication with your doctor wasn't thorough enough (doctor giving feedbacks on what they can do and see if you're satisfied with the plan before surgery). Sometimes it's not the patient's problem, but the fact that the doctor chose not to listen at all and does the same style on every patient. Hence, research well and don't do it somewhere if you don't feel connected with your doctor. I went over several times with Dr. Lee at TFD over the type of result I wanted (removing lots of bones to make my face smaller, while still keeping my angle + make chin much sharper than before). He listened to my expectations and sent a psed photo of how my face should roughly look like after recovery, which I thought wasn't up to my standards (lol) and sent him over my own version of the photo. So I made sure we were on the same level, because just explaining alone wasn't gonna help me achieve the specific results I wanted.

Luckily, my nerves are placed fairly high compared to other patients and the doctor advised me to get rid of my overdeveloped muscles too (free of cost) because that contributed to my facial mass as well. The technique to get rid of the muscles lasts longer than typical botox because it's actually putting trauma on the muscles using shock to keep it from growing back. Dr. LDC also advised me of the same thing at View but didn't explain how he was gonna "cut" my muscles which made me fear for my facial muscles being injured. You get to talk to Dr. Lee from TFD directly through SNS without going through a consultant, so it's going to be no problem communication-wise, unless your facial structure has limits. Also, on this forum, people were saying how Dr.LDC gave dramatic results while Dr.LJK gave conservative results but it seemed the complete opposite based on the photos of the clinic's sites.

Haha, I'm actually post-op day 5 from V-line right now :smile: So I can speak more on my experience. Currently, I have a lot of swelling and yellow bruising due to the fact that Dr. Lee removed so much of my bones as well as my muscles. My mouth is not asymmetrical like the botched cases my mom worried over and the only part of my face that is numb is my chin (because I did t-osteotomy). But my swelling hasn't even gone down so I can't really comment on numbness. I saw my before and after Xray, and my face got a lot smaller. In the after Xray, I can see a huge amount of swelling composed of likely tissues & muscles surrounding my bones. The first 4 hours after surgery was horrible but at the same time bearable if it makes sense. To put it in a way, it's like testing your patience. I didn't feel that much pain other than soreness in my neck and areas where swelling occurred (it's like the muscle soreness you get after working out). There was no aching pain in my bones like some people mentioned (thankfully). Just be prepared to stay awake for 4 hours right after general anesthesia, while laying on your small ward bed. My major complaints for the first night was the first 4 hours of no sleep/water (but they do give u nutrition injections so u don't die), the hard bed which hurt my butt, how I had to sleep with my back leaned up and my legs were too long for the bed so it was just in a folded position. The overnight nurse was so nice compared to one of the day nurses that suctioned my mouth in a very rough way. Anyhow, be prepared to not sleep properly the first night or two. The nurse will check your conditions and suction out any blood every 1-2 hours. So it's not that it'll be hard to fall asleep but it'll be because of the nurse checking up on you.

[EDIT] Forgot to mention about nausea after general anaesthesia. You are allowed to throw up, but the feeling of nausea is ofc not so good. It would just be lingering the first 48 hours after surgery. I actually recommend taking subway home if you have someone with you. 30 mins in the taxi with traffic jam for me almost made me vomit. Subway is cheaper and more comfortable too.

Thanks so much for the detailed response, very helpful! Can I ask what application did you use to talk to Dr Lee? Also how did he send you the pics of what you will look like after surgery? Did he do this even before you went to Korea?

Also would it be possible for you to please PM me the before and after of your vline? (Once swelling decreases) it would really help me, I only saw one ba on this website from TFD and that girl already had a narrow jaw. So I didn't see much difference!

Me too! Pls advise on the above mentioned. TFD is one of my choices for FC too. :smile:

• 1 month later...
I am almost ready to book for vline and forehead lift for Dec 2018, I have a price of 8.000.000 for vline and 5.000.000 with Dr. Oh Myung June at Regen. Is this a seasonal price. I just read your review about Dr Lee, were you happy with your experience and would you recommend?

I got V-line surgery in Korea and it was 5,500,000KRW in Cooki Clinic, Gangnam.
They have english staff so she translated all processes with me.
I have their direct contact, if you need, let me know! I'll let you know:smile:

Hi, sorry for the late response!
I talked to him via messenger (fb). He did send me photoshopped pictures and he warned me that my results would not be 100% in sync with those because of the variables due to your leftover skin/fat/muscles. Which I completely agree with. He photoshopped my clinic photos btw and I sent him over my version of it. I don't think it matters if he just sends you a random psed picture before even seeing you in person, you can even photoshop your own photo and see for yourself. Just a key note, don't expect your face to be completely slim after surgery. For my case, I have a small double chin and tissues surrounding my jaw which can be easily solved with exercise and injections. I have had no numbing at all (the weird feeling in my chin were swollen muscles explained by Dr. Lee, and they went away after like 2 weeks), so I'm really lucky or Dr. Lee just has a high percentage of patients without nerve damage.