BeautyHacker

cheekbone, v-line and rhinoplasty review at REGEN

Hi everyone! This is my story about undergoing facial contouring, including zygoma reduction, v-line and osteotomy rhinoplasty with alar reduction and filler injections. I decided to proceed it at Regen plastic surgery in Seoul mainly because of positive reviews I've seen on different forums and relatively good prices. Before meeting the surgeon, I got my blood tests, x-ray and ct done. My surgeon was Dr. Myung June Oh and during our consultation he showed me pics of his previous works with ct scans and similar to my case patients which made me feel quite confident in his skills. He kept touching my face and describing what method would fit me better (I originally wanted only V-line and rhino with silicon bridge insertion). Because of my too wide zygomatic bone and jaw line the face seemed squared and if I proceeded only V-line my face shape would remind a reversed triangle instead of oval (not as I wanted). The outcome of our consultation had also affected the original price but since it was held by the head surgeon I decided to stick with Regen.

The full recovery process took me about 5 months and only after I could see my finalized results. Dr.Oh truly impressed me as he covered things other surgeons didn’t mention about. I liked the way he thoroughly explained how each step of the operation would be proceeded and affect a certain part of my face and how it would look like all together.

Good luck to everyone, who’s planning a plastic surgery!

(BEFORE)
01. Before.jpg

(AFTER 6 MONTHS :smile: )
02. After 6 months.jpg

(AFTER 1 YEAR)
03. After 1 year.jpg

(THIS IS HOW I LOOK LIKE NOW :smile: )
04. Most recent.jpg

In general, my recovery period wasn’t tough and I didn’t have any laxity. The day after the surgery and the following one I couldn’t eat anything and drunk only water. It was rather painful to use a straw as muscles were strained so I used a tea spoon instead. Bruising was covering all my undereye zone, it didn’t hurt though but wasn’t beautiful at all and swelling followed me the next two months. The pain was subsided but I felt a bit sore and tight in my jaw zone for a few days right after the surgery. I was quite annoyed by the inability to swallow, breath, yawn or talk and the situation improved only after the tape around my chin was removed. A week after stitches from the columella were taken out and a bit later from the inside of my mouth. If you want to be swollen less, I suggest you to eat or drink something cold, smoothie really helped.

Thank you so much! I don’t actually remember the price for rhino as paid for everything together but you can Regen them directly. The first cold came with the first winter (about 3 or 4 months after). Honestly, I was a bit afraid as didn’t know how to blow my nose but everything was fine, could even go to the hospital to clean my nose for several times.

Gorgeous! Congratulations!

It seems like in Korea, lower zygoma is ideally beautiful total opposite with caucasians.

Does anyone knows if theres any Korean star who have higher zygoma?

I personally want mine high, but the problem is mine is too high and wide lol.

did you experience any problems with facial expressions after the surgery and did you feel that some parts of your face didn’t belong to you? I know it’s quite common as many facial nerves and soft tissues are placed in the lower face area.

I didn’t have any damaged nerves or tissues and didn’t experience any alien-like feelings. Hopefully everything was normal. It was quite difficult to talk though as I couldn’t open my mouth and lips were a bit numb but it was only the first 2 days. Later the situation improved.

Thanks a lot for your review. I’m glad you are satisfied with your results :smile:

I think higher zygoma is kind of a western style... most celebrities in Korea proceed several surgeries and improve everyhting that is not according to korean "beauty standards"...
but it's just my personal opinion :smile:

I think in both Western and Korean cultures, the ideal zygoma is narrow and forward projecting. There aren’t many Western models with very wide zygomatic arches, it is the anterior part that is prominent. Zygoma reduction supposedly reduces the width of the arches, so the actual “height” stays the same.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello! I did v-line with doctor oh as well. When did the swelling in your -chin- area finally and completely disappear? I'm about a month in and my chin is still quite wide/square. Hearing from another one of his patients would be great. (PS. You look great!)

I mean no offense to the original poster at all, but I feel like you look really familiar! did Regen post your before/afters on their instagram (or their korean instagram page) several times? Theres this one girl on there who's b/a they posted at least 5 or 6 times and I feel like your facial structure is a lot like hers

btw, @searchforcute93 i also had vline with Dr. Oh, last Dec.