BeautyHacker

Logistics Help? SOS

Hello everyone!

I'm interested in rhinoplasty and v-line surgery.
Since medical tourism seems to be the devil according to this site (lol), I guess I'll try to sort this all out myself.
I'll be bringing my bf who speaks Korean so not concerned about translator.

Did anyone have success booking a flight to Korea THEN visiting clinics? Or did you make an appointment for consultation/surgery online THEN buy your flight to Korea? (Coming from Seattle).

What if I get to Korea, start visiting the clinics that I've researched online, and none of them work for me? I will have just wasted time and $$$ flying to Korea. So how do you guys confidently book these things?

How long between a consultation and surgery does it usually take? Do they do same-day surgery or what? I have a job and need to know how much time to take off.

Sorry, I'm just not understanding how this works for most people and I've been researching but for some reason no one has mentioned how they did this. It just seems like everyone has unlimited time or they're just leaving out that bit of information.

Also I'm African American and a little afraid that may add on to an increase in price. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid.

Literally anyone with a grain of info feel free to message me as well. :smile:
kakao: sydthekyd

I booked my flight to Korea before deciding. It was more of a since I'm there why not get a procedure done (LOL!), I'm close to you on the Canadian Westcoast actually haha.

What I did was start shortlisting some clinics on a spreadsheet and ranked them from Top/Med/Blacklist. "Top" were the ones where I really liked the B/A and I'd be committed to paying a bit more whereas "Med" priority are the ones where I'm interested but not my top picks. I then did online consultations with the "Top" and "Med" listed clinics through Kakao or email.
Most of them responded pretty quickly (within ~week), If I liked their prices, and their professionalism, then I asked to book a consultation, In my case, I won't be in Seoul until Sept so I was able to get consultation slots at the times I wanted (morning). I did not place a deposit on anything because I want to see the clinic, the staff, and their attitude in person first. In my first two weeks of contacting different clinics, I've already booked 4 consultations based on how the consultants treated me, what they recommended and what the price range was. I had two clinics actually persuade me not to do nose fillers because it looks fine already! Look for those kinds of ethics, and it'll help you feel more confident in booking clinics for consultations. :smile:

I haven't done a procedure myself yet, but from the forum, it seems like surgery can occur next day or within the week. Perhaps others could chime in here?
Keep in mind that the quoted prices are estimates only. It really will be determined at your face-to-face.
Hope this helped a bit!!

Well. I kind of think it as even if i didnt book an actual surgery. I would have a nice holiday out of it. Haha.

I booked my flights first then the clinics. I contacted several clinics based off recommendations and also their work. If i liked their Before and after photos and doesnt look photoshopped to the extreme then I would approach them. You kind of need to have photos of what your ideals are already prepared. So the clinics know what you're after. Then based on their recommendations and what you feel. Book an initial consultation. Like others say,dont pay a deposit. Even if you have booked consultation. Keep looking.

I would recommend 3 weeks off at the very least. Someone told me with vline they sometimes take 3 days before they can book you in to do the surgery. This depends on the surgeon. I know the one i was interested in they make bite molds? Or something to check your mouth position or something. I cant remember exactly. A good clinic usually wont do same day surgery, especially for rhino and vline. Its a huge surgery so its not to be taken lightly.

Yeah you can bargain the price down. And it is determined based on your current condition as well as ideals.

I personally only have 3 weeks of leave so im cutting bit fine lol.

Thanks to the both of you! And yes, it would still be a good vacation. I just know I'd be kind of bummed to not have it done because I'd essentially have to wait another year haha

Any tips on bargaining? Like what leverage would I have in asking for a cheaper price? For example, if you're getting alar reduction and you don't have a wide nose, would you pay less than someone who does have a wide nose? I did read on this forum that paying cash can save money...

Hi hoping for help of bargaining, this what I've been priced for individual opp prices from ID clinic
Zygoma reduction + V-line : 17 mil krw or V-line : 10 mil krw
Face & neck lifting : 14 mil krw
Forehead endotine : 6 mil krw
Which works out a lot of money in total, can you advise of what I might get it for in one opp, I've read the more procedures you have the cheaper it is?

Looking across the forum there are some ways you could try to bargain:
Get more surgeries done, more often than not, clinics will give you a discount for grouping your surgeries together to provide an incentive
Go to other clinics for consultations, if one clinic is offering you a competing price, clinics will often throw in discounts so use that to your advantage
Pull the I’m broke card, I mean I read somewhere that someone got 10% off bc they said they were a broke college student so there’s that (won’t work for everyone)
Show that you have connections, try showing them that you could bring them more business. If you got people you know and you could relay the good work, clinics could throw in that discount.
-Some clinics will try and lure you in with discounts you put a raving review. Now I personally don’t like when someone puts on a glowing review without saying they’re sponsored. If you find yourself in this position, take a deep look at your morals and if you decide to put a review, please just be transparent or at least incredibly honest. A lot of us are looking around and this forum requires a lot of trust so just advertising for the sake of discounts is sad.
Last but not least: Don’t put down a deposit, clinics are less likely to bargain with you because you already kind of sealed the deal. You said you were interested, so they don’t need to entice you with possible discounts
Oh and Korea does offer VAT discount for what I hear, not too sure about using cash, but I did hear that some clinics will make a small discount. Hope that helps!!!!!