BeautyHacker

My best fd tried to commit suicide after a failed FC surgery in YKPS

The reason they don't do general anesthesia is because it's a way to cut corners. This is widely practiced by clinics that do not have an Anesthesiologist and equipment to intubate a patient (hooked up to a breathing machine). Twilight or sleep anesthesia is NOT general anesthesia and can be performed by the operating doctor. With twilight anesthesia, you are breathing on your own so you are not intubated. Depending on who you ask, it's actually considered more dangerous because there is no one actually monitoring that you're breathing the entire time. There's a reason why they do this, and it's usually money related and because they are not authorized to do it.

You're right. That clinic doesn't have their own anesthesiologist.
Also, the surgery is done very poorly. According to a doctor we consulted, he said it's either the doctor is with very poor skills, or it's done by someone inexperienced.
Since the sides of cheekbones are done very differently, we suspected that there maybe a shawdow doctor/ trainee. Cause the outcome really doesn't look like it's done by someone with more than 10 years experience.
But again, Dr Kim is the only doctor in the clinic and he performs all types of surgeries. Now thinking about it, he's either way too confident or just really money hungry. sigh

I can't believe he agreed to do my cheekbone reconstruction when I consulted him when he can't even get the primary cheekbone reduction done correctly. When I told him about my soft tissue laxity, he suggested I get a forehead lift to fix the sagging. Ridiculous!Fortunately, I didn't buy into his foolish recommendations. He seems ridiculous and def IMO not an ethical surgeon. Like I said, these bad ones all go by the same playbook. Something about the ethics among korean surgeon/businessmen that turns me off.

I avoid general anesthesia as much as possible. I've been very happy with IV sedation for rhinoplasty, ba, etc. Many excellent surgeons only use IV sedation for rhinoplasties and ba's, of which I've had both. I'm hoping to have a facelift under local anesthesia.

I had my breast implants removed under local anesthesia--my choice. It was safe and it didn't hurt. The hardest part was the psychological aspect. :biggrin:

The doctor from Taiwan told us If the surgery requires cutting the facial bone, it should always be GA.

Because he saw his video on Youtube and thought only skillful doctors would put their clips online. Also he claimed his cheekbone would not lead to sagging, and will lift up muscles even. So he trusted him.

I've mentioned many times that this type of surgery will accelerates the aging process. No matter what technique--soft tissue laxity will happen during dissection, position and bone volume loss. On top of that, as you age, it's not only the soft tissue that droops down, but the skeletal structure will reasorbe.

Some surgeons will down play the truth or try to convince you that their technique won't cause this issue. All BS.

I honestly don't know what's up with the lack of integrity, ethics and compassion among Korean surgeons and their staff. It's appalling, inhumane and plain disgusting. Karma will always come back around. Gng I'm sure has lost a lot of patients due to their cunning ways.

@pbacid GA for fc makes sense and maybe that's standard. I was just responding to comments about alternatives to GA being inferior in general (at least that's how I took it) and I disagree w/that is all. I didn't mean to criticize GA being used for fc. I can think of other more invasive surgeries that would likely require GA as well.
Again, I'm sorry about your friend and hope everything works out.